Sudanese girl frm the US in Cuba asked "where u frm" and replies "Sudan". Somali chick wouldve said

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apollo

VIP
I hate the question ''Where are you from''

Does the person mean race?
Or place you grew up?
Or where you live?

Always problematic when I get that shitty question.

Grigori Rasputin

Former Somali Minister of Mismanagement & Misinfo.
Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot

Or place you grew up?
Or where you live?

honestly, what is your first answer?...Say that you in Cuba and local Cuban asked this question?

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate

Or place you grew up?
Or where you live?

Yep.

"Where are you from?"
"[Insert hometown here]"
"No I meant where are you really from?"
:snoop:

And then there's a needlessly long introduction about how my parents immigrated here from Africa and how I was born in America blah blah blah
:bell:

Yep.

"Where are you from?"
"[Insert hometown here]"

And then there's a needlessly long introduction about how my parents immigrated here from Africa and how I was born in America blah blah blah
stop being a snowflake just say somali :mahubowtf:

Apollo

VIP
Yep.

"Where are you from?"
"[Insert hometown here]"

In America you can at least say ''New York'' with a straight face. In Europe they will laugh at when you say ''Bavaria'' or some other region.

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Depends on the context and person asking.

For instance, he is a tourist guide who youve became acquainted with and then one day, in your vacation days there, asks you "bro where you from"

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
Yep.

"Where are you from?"
"[Insert hometown here]"

What kind of special Xoolo are you ?.... Just pick one...no need to explain...Say "im American"....or...."Im somali" point blank :manny:

Apollo

VIP
Horta! are you biracial?

I'm full Somali, it waz a joke.

61RRE6T.jpg

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
In America you can at least say ''New York'' with a straight face. In Europe they will laugh at when you say ''Bavaria'' or some other region.
If you're seen as "ethnic" or "foreign" then a lot of the time you can't get away from saying your hometown or state. Unless you're white or African-American the question "where are you from?" is just a more politically correct way of asking "what are you?"

What kind of special Xoolo are you ?.... Just pick one...no need to explain...Say "im American"....or...."Im somali" point blank :manny:
:gucciwhat:

If someone asks where I'm from and I say this city or this state or that I was born here that answer never satisfies them. Like I said, it's just another way of someone trying to deduce your ethnicity, is all. It's not that deep, it's just an observation

Grigori Rasputin

Staff Member
Wariyaha SomaliSpot
OMG! THE SUDANESE GIRL REPLIED BACK TO MY QUESTION OF "YOU ARE AMERICAN, WHY DID YOU TELL THE GUY YOU"RE SUDANESE"...

EVERYONE GO RUN TO HER COMMENT SECTION:ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh::ooh:

WHAT AN EPIC ANSWER SHE GAVE ME!

WHY CANT OUR GIRLS BE LIKE THIS?

Apollo

VIP
OMG! THE SUDANESE GIRL REPLIED BACK TO MY QUESTION OF "YOU ARE AMERICAN, WHY DID YOU TELL THE GUY YOU"RE SUDANESE"...

I blocked youtube's comment section on my browser. It gives me cancer.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate

Did you really just give her a link to Somalispot
:gucciwhat:

You're about to tarnish her view of Somalis forever
:damn:

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
For the record if someone asks me what I am I will say Somali (or African if I want to keep the conversation short because in this town almost no one knows what or where Somalia is) but if they ask me where I'm from I'll say my hometown or state, so don't come at me blease
:whoa:

Status
Not open for further replies.