Sudanese army threatens Ethiopia with all out war, if Ethiopian militias doesnt stop its attacks

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Jheez, Sudan isn't taking this at all. I doubt there will be an all out war, most likely ethiopia will wussy out or they'll try and call Sudan's bluff. In which case Sudan will have one last chance to consider war.

The economic sanctions under Bashir crippled Sudan’s economy and military expenditure while Ethiopia is supported financially and militarily by the West and Israel.

I think the Sudanese are bluffing. The only method that can destroy Ethiopian military is low intensity guerrilla warfare like we saw in Mogadishu, Baidoa and the rest of southern Somalia 2006. If interim president Abdullahi Yusef didn’t sacrifice tons of teenage Somali soldiers by reinforcing the Ethiopian troops, the war would’ve been over by 2008 with Ethiopian defeat.

Can they afford a war though? The consequences are real, and might fuel more divide and uprising from within. Best believe Somalis and Egyptians are lurking in that luuq looking for an opening:mjpls:

Ethiopia can’t afford it but anything is possible with western support.

It would also serve Abiy Ahmed very well. It would give him breathing space from all the domestic issues going on and it would be a unifying cause for Ethiopia as a country.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
The economic sanctions under Bashir crippled Sudan’s economy and military expenditure while Ethiopia is supported financially and militarily by the West and Israel.

I think the Sudanese are bluffing. The only method that can destroy Ethiopian military is low intensity guerrilla warfare like we saw in Mogadishu, Baidoa and the rest of southern Somalia 2006. If interim president Abdullahi Yusef didn’t sacrifice tons of teenage Somali soldiers by reinforcing the Ethiopian troops, the war would’ve been over by 2008 with Ethiopian defeat.
guerrilla warfare it is

War will not happen. It would play in Egypt's favor immensely, making Ethiopia lose its current position, complicate the already problematic internal ethnic tensions that threaten to fragment the country. Future potential like the dam would be destroyed, also halt any reform agenda.

Octavian

Hmm
VIP
War will not happen. It would play in Egypt's favor immensely, making Ethiopia lose its current position, complicate the already problematic internal ethnic tensions that threaten to fragment the country. Future potential like the dam would be destroyed, also halt any reform agenda.
Good may it happen then war

Trending

Latest posts