Subtle racism in "Cloudy with a chance of meatballs"

Seems like an innocent kids movie, right? I can't believe I never noticed this before

Why does the characterisation of the monkey seem so familiar? Who are they trying to depict? :mjlol:

Periplus

It is what it is
VIP
As the resident woke person on this forum, you’re reaching abaayo.

Use that energy to vote labor this election. Queensland always disappoints us.

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
It's a hot Cheetos girl

hot-cheeto-patrick.gif

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
What’s racist tho ?
She points a knife at the group, is depicted as hostile, discriminated against, gets called a monkey when she is in fact an ape and is told she isn't a scientist in a satirical manner. They also show her salivating, which means they wanted to show how ill-mannered she was. It's all hints, and that was all I could pick up from this clip.

She points a knife at the group, is depicted as hostile, discriminated against, gets called a monkey when she is in fact an ape and is told she isn't a scientist in a satirical manner. They also show her salivating, which means they wanted to show how ill-mannered she was. It's all hints, and that was all I could pick up from this clip.
She was:
Overweight
obvious fake hair
Pressed about skinny Becky reporter's hair
Berated and told she is less than what she really is
Agressive

Its all subliminal.....

That one acts like a 16 year old white girl, the animators didn’t use black stereotypes

In Aggretsuko you can tell they were trynna depict the ugly gorilla as black tho it’s blatant

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
She was:
Overweight
obvious fake hair
Pressed about skinny Becky reporter's hair
Berated and told she is less than what she really is
Agressive

Its all subliminal.....
The stretch. It’s a damn ape. She right though that tv meteorologists be getting picked by looks.
Also did she say she was a scientist???

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
Seems like an innocent kids movie, right? I can't believe I never noticed this before

Why does the characterisation of the monkey seem so familiar? Who are they trying to depict? :mjlol:
I am oblivious. Explain

Trending