Stylish Sufis send a strong message to those that oppose celebrating Prophet Muhammad's (SCW) birthday

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
Is he Ogaden? He speaks like my family back home
:heh:

For the video:

Happy Birthday Day GIF

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Mashalah Mawliid is a great practice and I am glad Whabism is being abandoned in droves

There’s a valid difference of opinion on the permissibility of celebrating the Mawlid (Prophet’s ﷺ birthday) within Sunni Islam. As Sunni Muslims, we need to accept healthy differences of opinion as Fiqh isn’t black and White. May Allah reward those who choose not to celebrate the Mawlid and those who do choose to celebrate the Prophet’s ﷺ birthday as both groups are following valid differences of opinion. I believe the Mawlid is permissible and If i’m not mistaken, this is the opinion of the majority (especially the scholars of the Shafi’i madhab) and Allah knows best.

Furthermore, Somalia and the Ummah as a whole is facing real issues so let’s prioritize those issues instead of a non-issue such as the Mawlid.

May Allah bless all those who have celebrated the mawlid during this blessed month of Rabi al-awwal. May Allah guide us all and keep us upon guidance.

Is it me or is Sufism making a comeback in Somalia?

I think Somalis are sick of the Wahabi ideology and are looking to go back to their traditional roots.
It definitely is and I’m here for it even though I’m personally not a Sufi. It will solve most of our problems if it’s the case as well

It definitely is and I’m here for it even though I’m personally not a Sufi. It will solve most of our problems if it’s the case as well

I think the Somali government should promote Sufism to counter the Salafi ideology of Saudi Arabia.

Traditionally Somalis back in the days where Sufis anyways

Hamzza

VIP
Fatwa of Taj al-Din al-Fakihani al Maliki on the mawlid:

I do not know for this mawlid (birthday celebration) any basis in the Book, nor the Sunnah and nor has its practice been narrated from any one of the Scholars of the Ummah who are the followed leaders in the religion holding fast to the ways of the predecessors. Rather, it is an innovation, which was invented by the idlers (lazy ones) and out of the soul's desire through which the devourers (of wealth) enriched themselves - (this) with the evidence that if we consider it in light of the five rulings, we say:
Either it is wajib (obligatory), or mandub (recommended) or permissible (mubah), or makruh (disliked) or muharram (unlawful). It is not wajib by consensus and nor is it mandub (recommended), because the reality of the mandub is "that (whose performance) the Shariah has requested but without any censure for the one who leaves it." But we see that the Shariah has not granted permission for this, and the Companions never did it and nor the Tabi'un and nor the religious (devoted) scholars - as far as I know - and this is my answer in front of Allaah, the Exalted if I am asked about it. And it is not permissible that it should be mubah (permitted), because innovating in the religion is not permissible by consensus of the Muslims.

Hence, there is not left except for it to be either makruh (disliked) or haram (unlawful). In that case, speech regarding it will be in two parts, and distinguising between two situations:

The first of them: That a man practice this with his own wealth for his family, associates and dependents and they do not go beyond, in that regard, gathering to eat food, and they do not commit any of the sins. This is what we have described as a detested innovation and as being repulsive, since none of the people of obedience from the predecessors performed it, those who are the jurists of Islam, the scholars of the creation, the lamps of the ages and adornment of the places.

The second: That crime (i.e. sin, disobedience, prohibited matters) enterd into it, and concerted effort is made (to collect wealth for it) such that one of them gives something and his soul reproaches him and his heart hurts him due to what he finds of the hurt of oppression (in being made to give his wealth), and the Scholars have said, may Allaah have mercy upon them, "Taking wealth through (display of) modesty, humility is like taking it with the sword." This is especially the case when [the concerted effort in collection of wealth for this mawlid] is augmented with singing and futile instruments such as drums and flutes and the gathering of men with youths and women singers - either mixing with them (the women) or they (the women) playing an organizational role (without mixing with the men), and dancing with effeminateness and affectation, and being engrossed in distraction and forgetting the Day of fear. Likewise the women, when they gather together in isolation and raise their voices, and who chant out loudly out of gratification and who when making dhikr and reciting (the Qur'an) depart from what is legislated and what is the acceptable norm, being heedless (all the while) of His, the Exalted's saying, "Indeed your Lord is ever watchful over them" (89:14). No two people will differ about the unlawfulness of this, and nor would any possessor of manhood deem it to be good. It is only with the souls of those with dead hearts and those not devoid of [plentiful] sin and disobedience by which this becomes treated as lawful. And I increase you [in knowledge] that they consider this to be from the acts of worship, not from the rejected unlawful matters. To Allaah we belong and to Him shall we return, indeed Islam began as something strange and will return as something strange, as it began...

... All of this alongside the fact that the month in which he (sallallaahu alayhi wasallam) was born is the very month in which he passed away, so rejoicing is not more worthy of grief therein. This is what is obligatory upon us to say, and from Allaah, the Exalted do we ask for good acceptance.

World

VIP
Fatwa of Taj al-Din al-Fakihani al Maliki on the mawlid:
why can’t salafis accept that there is a difference of opinion and that whilst a minority of scholars were against mawlad, the vast majority supported it? it’s simply a fiqh issue. somalis are shafi’i and the official view of the shafi’i madhab is that it’s recommended.

Hamzza

VIP
why can’t salafis accept that there is a difference of opinion and that whilst a minority of scholars were against mawlad, the vast majority supported it? it’s simply a fiqh issue. somalis are shafi’i and the official view of the shafi’i madhab is that it’s recommended.
I am struggling to understand your point. Salafis acknowledge that majority of the post 12th century Muslim scholars permitted the celebration of Mawlid. They are part of those minorities who are against the Mawlid, so their stance against Mawlid is totally fine, as disagreements occur.

What is the official Shafi'i madhab view on Mawlid? Certainly Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'I didn't celebrate Mawlid, as the Mawlid was invented in the year four hundred after the Hijrah (Prophet's migration to Al-Madinah) in the age of the Fatimid State, and Imam Al-Shafi`y (may Allah be merciful to him) died 204 A.H. some of the major Shafi'i scholars permitted the celebration of Mawlid as Bid'ah Hasannah? though.

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
Is it me or is Sufism making a comeback in Somalia?

I think Somalis are sick of the Wahabi ideology and are looking to go back to their traditional roots.
It’s always been there. It’s just not as loud as the other side

Celery

Vasodilator
VIP
It won’t solve any problems. But it’s much better than those people who cover their head with underwear and mindlessly murder people.

The government appointed AS leader if you didn’t know

Last edited:

World

VIP
I am struggling to understand your point. Salafis acknowledge that majority of the post 12th century Muslim scholars permitted the celebration of Mawlid. They are part of those minorities who are against the Mawlid, so their stance against Mawlid is totally fine, as disagreements occur.

What is the official Shafi'i madhab view on Mawlid? Certainly Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad ibn Idris al-Shafi'I didn't celebrate Mawlid, as the Mawlid was invented in the year four hundred after the Hijrah (Prophet's migration to Al-Madinah) in the age of the Fatimid State, and Imam Al-Shafi`y (may Allah be merciful to him) died 204 A.H. some of the major Shafi'i scholars permitted the celebration of Mawlid as Bid'ah Hasannah? though.
salafis make it out to be a huge issue and that you are misguided if you follow mawlid. it is simply a fiqh issue.

this is the view of the shafi’i madhab.

Trending