Study: Christians the most persecuted religious group

Status
Not open for further replies.

"While Christians are certainly not the only community in the world facing violent persecution today, they are the leading community being targeted for their faith. According to the International Society for Human Rights, a secular NGO, in 2009 Christians were the victims of 80 percent of all acts of religious discrimination in the world."

"Some will try to engage human rights watchdogs by publicizing their persecution. This response rises from a motivation to oppose and end injustice. This can also take the form of rebellion against laws which ban open expression of Christian faith. Such actions can lead to prison and death."

"In Turkey, only 2 percent of the population is Christian. Egypt's Christian population is between 5 and 10 percent. There were 1.5 million Christians in Iraq in 2003 and it is estimated that only 400,000 remain. Many of these instances of persecution are occurring in Muslim majority countries where Christians have little opportunity to hold positions of influence. These are profoundly vulnerable minorities that need outside allies to shield their human rights."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/...uted-religion-heres-how-they-react-under-fire
University of Notre Dame report: http://ucs.nd.edu/report/#report

"In early November, German Chancellor Angela Merkel declared that Christianity is “the most persecuted religion in the world.” Although met with predictable criticism, Rupert Short’s recent research report for Civitas UK confirms Merkel’s claim — we may not want to hear it, but Christianity is in peril, like no other religion. While this is a contest no one wants to win, Short shows that “Christians are targeted more than any other body of believers.”

"Christianity is facing elimination in its Biblical homeland. Between a half and two-thirds of Christians in the Middle East have departed or been killed over the past century. "

"We have scarcely skimmed the surface of violence and intolerance to Christians in Muslims worlds. If it should continue at its present rate, Christianity will very soon be completely eradicated in its homeland. While the cultural loss is deeply worrisome, the lack of liberty, intolerance and violence in Muslim countries is even more worrisome. Reports by the Freedom House think-tank echo this concern: religious liberties are most threatened in Muslim-majority countries."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/kell...anity-most-persecuted-religion_b_2402644.html

75094.jpg

map_countries_od_wwl_2015_900px.png

Matthew 5:10-12 “Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. “Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Luke 6:22 “Blessed are you when people hate you and when they exclude you and revile you and spurn your name as evil, on account of the Son of Man!

John 5:19 If you were of the world, the world would love you as its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, know that it has hated me before it hated you.

Romans 8:35-37 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? As it is written, “For your sake we are being killed all the day long; we are regarded as sheep to be slaughtered.” No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

1 Peter 3:14-16 But even if you should suffer for righteousness' sake, you will be blessed. Have no fear of them, nor be troubled, But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect, Having a good conscience, so that, when you are slandered, those who revile your good behavior in Christ may be put to shame. For it is better to suffer for doing good, if that should be God's will, than for doing evil.

1 Peter 4:16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in that name.

@lone pray for our people :friendhug::jcoleno::damn:

I dream of a day when all educational institutions in Somalia are privately owned by the catholic community. I would force these muslims to recite the Lords prayer every morning before class is in session.

:snoop::susp:
Only an idiot would believe this fake research. Muslims all over this world are suffering.
Iraq, Libya, Niger, Mali, Somalia, Djibouti, Syria, Rohingya, etc., are being persecuted by Christian majority countries. I'm fasting and I don't want to break my fast on this foolery. Any Somali that believes this study is either a troll or just stupid.

This is clearly fake. Somalia is definitely not the 2nd most Christian persecuted country. We'd hear about it way more often if it was real.
News outlet would publicize it to make Somalis look worse.

:snoop::susp:
Only an idiot would believe this fake research. Muslims all over this world are suffering.
Iraq, Libya, Niger, Mali, Somalia, Djibouti, Syria, Rohingya, etc., are being persecuted by Christian majority countries. I'm fasting and I don't want to break my fast on this foolery. Any Somali that believes this study is either a troll or just stupid.

I am aware of the plight of Rohingya Muslims in Burma, it is very tragic! We need separation of church and state to ensure religious freedom for all! Although the government there is supposedly secular, it shows immense preference for Theravada Buddhism which is unfortunate. The study was focused on groups who are specifically targeted, killed, mistreated and discriminated against because of their religious affiliation. Christians are at the forefront of this.

Last edited:

Blade1

Ashy Abdi Representative
Lol yes sure Kenya Nigeria Ethiopia Eritrea are one of the worst places to be Christian :farmajoyaab: when they are majority. Other than Eritrea being split 50% Christian 48% Muslim

Lol yes sure Kenya Nigeria Ethiopia Eritrea are one of the worst places to be Christian :farmajoyaab: when they are majority. Other than Eritrea being split 50% Christian 48% Muslim

Kenya it is probably because of the huge threat from al-Shabaab and the actions taken by them. Nigeria is majority Muslim around 54% (it used to be 68% in 1950s), several states in that country enforce Sharia law! Three of which have religious plurality.

Al Kilaab attack 1000x more Muslims than Christians and the same could be said about Bastar Haram.
Kenya it is probably because of the huge threat from al-Shabaab and the actions taken by them. Nigeria is majority Muslim around 54% (it used to be 68% in 1950s), several states in that country enforce Sharia law! Three of which have religious plurality.

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@South Cushitic There is no such thing as a Somali Christian. That's very recent in the west but they don't exist in Somalia so I don't know why we even on the list?

VIP
This is fake news. Christians are persecuted in djibouti as much as they are in Canada, which is zilch.

This is fake news. Christians are persecuted in djibouti as much as they are in Canada, which is zilch.

Ignores entire study. What would happen to a Muslim who becomes a Christian in that nation (Somalia included)? Can Christians openly proclaim and live out their faith without repercussion there?

From the same article,

"Consider apostasy laws in Saudi Arabia, Mauritania, Iran, Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman, Yemen, Sudan and Malaysia. By apostasy, read “Muslim convert to Christianity.” Of the plight of apostates, Ziya Meral, a London-based Turkish scholar, writes: “Apostates are subject to gross and wide-ranging human rights abuses including extra-judicial killings by state-related agents or mobs; honour killings by family members; detention, imprisonment, torture, physical and psychological intimidation by security forces; the denial of access to judicial services and social services; the denial of equal employment or education opportunities; social pressure resulting in loss of housing and employment; and day-to-day discrimination and ostracism in education, finance and social activities.”

VIP
1307_dsc_002_0019s.jpg
88595420_bb41a4c0bd_o.jpg
pict3988.jpg
Ignores entire study. What would happen to a Muslim who becomes a Christian in that nation (Somalia included)? Can Christians openly proclaim and live out their faith without repercussion there?

Dude the country is 97% muslim and we have multiple churches. Trust me there's 0 Christian persecution.

What a shame.

I know a Paki Christian woman and half her family were slaughtered for being Christian.

This is what life is like for religious minorities in many countries.

Notice 9 out of 10 of those countries are the same people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending