Strawberry generation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting read.

"Strawberry generation is a Chinese-language neologism for Taiwanese people born in 1982 and beyond who "bruise easily" like strawberries – meaning they cannot withstand social pressure or work hard like their parents' generation; the term refers to people who are insubordinate, spoiled, selfish, arrogant, and sluggish in work.

The term arises from the perception that members of this generation have grown up being overprotected by their parents and in an environment of economic prosperity, in a similar manner to how strawberries are grown in protected greenhouses and command a higher price compared to other fruits.

The term is starting to gain prominence in the East Asian press, as it could be a way to designate a rising demographic or psychographic in terms of consumer behavior. The Strawberry Generation, like the Post-80s of China, could be the Asian counterpart of the Millennials or the so-called Snowflake generation in the Western world."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strawberry_generation

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Interesting read.

"Strawberry generation is a Chinese-language neologism for Taiwanese people born in 1982 and beyond who "bruise easily" like strawberries – meaning they cannot withstand social pressure or work hard like their parents' generation; the term refers to people who are insubordinate, spoiled, selfish, arrogant, and sluggish in work.

The term arises from the perception that members of this generation have grown up being overprotected by their parents and in an environment of economic prosperity, in a similar manner to how strawberries are grown in protected greenhouses and command a higher price compared to other fruits.

The term is starting to gain prominence in the East Asian press, as it could be a way to designate a rising demographic or psychographic in terms of consumer behavior. The Strawberry Generation, like the Post-80s of China, could be the Asian counterpart of the Millennials or the so-called Snowflake generation in the Western world."

Entitlement is so delicious. :siilaanyosmile:

You little generation Z minx, I prefer cherries over strawberries. Please get me locally grown and certified organic ones, toute suite! Pesticides make me bruise.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
They are just bitter that they are old and not young and fresh like us:mjlaugh:

Nah, the older generation is often suspicious and critical of young bloods. It's been going on for thousands of years.

They are essentially calling theses strawberries - over pampered aristocrats. The previous generation wasn't as fortunate to grow up in affluence.

It also kind of reminds me how children born into wealth are somehow typified as problematic, lazy, dysfunctional and lacking the same level of ambition as their hungrier parents. This might be a slight mischaracterization. As a child of a millionaires can 1000X it and become billionaires. In fact having something to fall back on, the seed capital and investors avaliable can add to ones creativity. Countervailingly it could also detract. That depends solely on the individual.

We're still more fond of the rags to riches tales of the truly self-made. Think Great Gatsby.

Last edited:

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
It's funny those baby boomers are always there to trash talk while they were mostly alive in the 60's and 70's.
Do I have to remind that these years were the prime years of sexual liberation?
:hemad:
Let's us enjoy life too:heh::drakekidding:

Entitlement is so delicious. :siilaanyosmile:

You little generation Z minx, I prefer cherries over strawberries. Please get me locally grown and certified organic ones, toute suite! Pesticides make me bruise.
Delicious indeed.

My philosophy is ancient. I belong to nature, and this generation Z social construct will not define me. You could put me in ancient Rome and I would thrive, or anywhere, for that matter. :fittytousand:

Cherries and honeydew are my favorites, I think.

Last week my friend talked about farming strawberries, and he is currently working on that process. Maybe I will join, there is money in it.:icon lol:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Delicious indeed.

My philosophy is ancient. I belong to nature, and this generation Z social construct will not define me. You could put me in ancient Rome and I would thrive, or anywhere, for that matter. :fittytousand:

Cherries and honeydew are my favorites, I think.

Last week my friend talked about farming strawberries, and he is currently working on that process. Maybe I will join, there is money in it.:icon lol:

So, you're timeless?

Cherries are the best of fruits. The perfect blend of tart and sweetness.

:farmajoyaab: Are strawberries profitable in Norway?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, you're timeless?

Cherries are the best of fruits. The perfect blend of tart and sweetness.

:farmajoyaab: Are strawberries profitable in Norway?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Yh. Cherries are good.

My friend claims it does. The numbers he calculated was, clearly, on the lucrative side.

It's a safe bet also. Norwegians buy strawberries in abundance in the summertime.

I know what you are saying, can't trust Egyptians one hundred percent when it comes to those things.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Interesting read.

Here in the West we call them the Millennial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending