Strange Somalis

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
Maybe I am way too conservative / arrogant person but the amount of Somalis I have met this year that shocked me is too much.

first one was a childhood friend who I last saw when I was 1 🤣 She is very intelligent mashallah and has the nerdy look (turban style hijab, big glasses, protruding teeth). Nice personality but I think she’s confused about Islam.

Firstly she has a Vietnamese boyfriend who is not Muslim and they flat together at the University campus, I’m sure her parents know about this because they’d visit once In a while and her photos are public on IG.

I meet another guy too, he was sooooo liberal I felt uncomfortable cause my values and his didn’t match and he thought he can get with me, he didn’t believe in meher , halal marriage and asked me crazy questions like if i do fun things like clubing.

what’s happening to our Somali youth?
either I’m closed minded or they are losing their identity , culture and religion.

Im not a perfect Muslim but I try best to hold steadfast on to the deen.

nah its what happens to every disapora when their kids move out. i think its because parents copy what happened to them in somalia and tried to foce their kids to follow everything theyve done but within a western enviroment so they will turn out different and more "westernized"

SOULSEARCHING

Hakuna matata
VIP
nah its what happens to every disapora when their kids move out. i think its because parents copy what happened to them in somalia and tried to foce their kids to follow everything theyve done but within a western enviroment so they will turn out different and more "westernized"
most Somali parents didn’t live a life where their parents dicateted their life. Many left their homes young and had love marriages, went to dance parties etc our parents generation had the most fun, they just changed (more religious ) when the war happened and most is due to the trauma they went through.

Everybody grinds differently. Harlots have a job to do and are essential. Who will satisfy all those people who can’t find great partners? At least she makes people happy for a while even if it isn’t real.
Lol! The funny part about that is most guys who visit prostitutes are actually married men not single men who couldn’t find a woman. Get your facts straight dear. And to say prostitutes are essential with a straight face is probably one of the most ridiculous statements I’ve come across here Smh

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
Maybe I am way too conservative / arrogant person but the amount of Somalis I have met this year that shocked me is too much.

first one was a childhood friend who I last saw when I was 1 🤣 She is very intelligent mashallah and has the nerdy look (turban style hijab, big glasses, protruding teeth). Nice personality but I think she’s confused about Islam.

Firstly she has a Vietnamese boyfriend who is not Muslim and they flat together at the University campus, I’m sure her parents know about this because they’d visit once In a while and her photos are public on IG.

I meet another guy too, he was sooooo liberal I felt uncomfortable cause my values and his didn’t match and he thought he can get with me, he didn’t believe in meher , halal marriage and asked me crazy questions like if i do fun things like clubing.

what’s happening to our Somali youth?
either I’m closed minded or they are losing their identity , culture and religion.

Im not a perfect Muslim but I try best to hold steadfast on to the deen.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.