Storytime: I escaped on the first day of school in borama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anisah The Serpent

☼ The sun is alone but it still shines ☼
I went to this international school called MBK (not even a international school they all spoke somali) and my father who was in america paid $200 in enroll me in it. And it was still like any other school in borama (I thought they would be considerate for people who are new to this country). Anyways, at the end of the day the buses (they were vans with 40 kids in) were waiting. And we weren’t allowed to get picked up by a guardian unless it was serious, so I had no choice. I didn’t speak somali and everyone in that van spoke somali and they were there for only less than a year (I stayed 8 months), and it was awkward in there. Then I randomly decided to get off and claim that my house was there but he knew I was lying. Then as I was walking away and the van was driving, the kids opened their windows and started begging me in broken english to come back including the van driver. Then I started running so fast in the empty and rocky field. I went home and on that same day, one of my family members told me that the principal will find me and beat me since I escaped that bus and that he was coming back any second, and I was running to hide and I fell on my teeth and half of my teeth broke. And I never went to that school again (only stayed there for a day).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
I went to this international school called MBK (not even a international school they all spoke somali) and my father who was in america paid $200 in enroll me in it. And it was still like any other school in borama (I thought they would be considerate for people who are new to this country). Anyways, at the end of the day the buses (they were vans with 40 kids in) were waiting. And we weren’t allowed to get picked up by a guardian unless it was serious, so I had no choice. I didn’t speak somali and everyone in that van spoke somali and they were there for only less than a year (I stayed 8 months), and it was awkward in there. Then I randomly decided to get off and claim that my house was there but he knew I was lying. Then as I was walking away and the van was driving, the kids opened their windows and started begging me in broken english to come back including the van driver. Then I started running so fast in the empty and rocky field. I went home and on that same day, one of my family members told me that the principal will find me and beat me since I escaped that bus and that he was coming back any second, and I was running to hide and I fell on my teeth and half of my teeth broke. And I never went to that school again (only stayed there for a day).
I never knew you were dir

The Camels of Cal madow

Porcupine and proud
I looked on google reviews for your school and the first reviews says they are just looking for money

Had a similar experience in Borama. Class had +70 students and they were all boys. Couldn't take it and dropped out 4 days after. Joined an Arabic school that had lots of diasporans and it was great

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending