Story From Mogadishu

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
I went back to Mogadishu for a couple of days to visit.

This morning, I was on route to Darusalam from Decale Airport Hotel. I got a taxi from the Hotel since it was far for a bajjaj to go and I had luggage to take. The taxi took also took a sister who works in the hotel and was heading there to visit her uncle. Now, the taxi fare was $15, since taxis are more expensive then bajjaj and it is in a way more quicker and comfortable. The trip took around 45 Mins. Before we reached the gates and was on the Jidka Tarabuunka, he asked for the payments. Now for 2 passengers, he would have got $30.But the girl worker only gave him $11 and said she would pay the rest later. Now, I offered to pay the whole fare at first, but the driver refused and said she had to pay.

Now, she was $4 short, so instead, I gave her the change. The driver refused and he pulled her from the seat and took her outside. I knew this guy wanted something else from her but I cannot fight or do anything or I would have been involved and I cannot risk the risk of being shot or even worse, so I just remained in the car, and tried to see what occurred Now, they went away from eyesight and I do not know what happened, but she comes back crying , and he went on to the journey. I assume that it was the worst thing, and I paid him the $15 dollar and never thought about it again!

People, stay safe, especially the girls. Somalia is still Somalia and every time you see something stupid or sad like this!!!!

Yes, I should have stopped it or helped in a way, but I offered to pay. I ain't no hero, and I have no intention to get shot for no reason by a Somali man, just because I tried to be a hero!

Last edited:

Gibiin-Udug

Crowned Queen of Puntland. Supporter of PuntExit
So you didn’t do shit about it?

She was sexually harassed infront if you and you sat in the car?

Wtf

I’m done with Somali men.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
So you didn’t do shit about it?

She was sexually harassed infront if you and you sat in the car?

Wtf

I’m done with Somali men.
I did my best to stop it, but Sorry I ain't getting shot because of him.
It is a society issue, and imagine I got involved and "surprise surprise" I get shot by a "trigger-happy" Somali Man

Would you get involved if you have seen a sister get harassed in Mogadishu by a man?

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
That’s sad I understand you were scared for your life but you could’ve done more than just sitting in the car, you could’ve went to go get help or made calls it’s one thing you are not brave enough to stand up to one man it’s another that you didn’t have the decency to call for help, you went about your day as if nothing happened? I’m sorry but that’s just sad.

Last edited:
At least 10 min. He just parked on the side, and left me by myself in the car.

That is madness, but it was not your fault. It was a new situation and anything is possible. You could have got your head blown off for lesser things.

Most of these females blaming you would have done nothing in the same situation if it was reversed. Its just shaming tactics.

Its good that you made a thread about it.

NotMyL

VIP
That is madness, but it was not your fault. It was a new situation and anything is possible. You could have got your head blown off for lesser things.

Most of these females blaming you would have done nothing in the same situation if it was reversed. Its just shaming tactics.

Its good that you made a thread about it.
Don’t project your cowardness onto others :camby:

NotMyL

VIP
You don't know anything about me or "my cowardness".

Imagine getting killed for the likes of you....
:siilaanyolaugh:
Imagine being married to a coward, hopefully they don’t take your wife in front of you. I know for a fact most Somali men would have stood up to that taxi driver, thankfully the likes of you are rare in our community.

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
That’s sad I understand you were scared for your life but you could’ve done more than just sitting in the car, you could’ve went to go get help or made calls it’s one thing you are not brave enough to stand up to one man it’s another that you didn’t have the decency to call for help, you went about your day as if nothing happened? I’m sorry but that’s just sad and you are no different than the rapist.

I know I should have stepped up in a way, better then just sit in a car. My response was horrendous indeed, but there was nothing I could have done. Look, the Jidka Tarabuka is a quite a long road, and after W/R.T erdogan, it becomes quite isolated and without people. After that Jidka Jaalee Siad Barre is just dirt and no shops. So in between them, there is nobody to look to ask for help for. I I got shot, my body would not been found. Simple, its just isolated. If I ran and looked for someone, It would have been a lost cause.

And who would I call, this is Mogadishu, would I call an MP for a issue that happens everyday and is normal now, or my friends. Who would I actually call. Police. This is Mogadishu sister, and there is nothing I can do.

He may had a gun or something, and that is a risk for both of us. I am just stating the current issues of Somalia. I could have been in Seoul or somewhere more relaxing, yet I still came back, since at the end of the day, it is my country and I need to show the issues and find a solution. I am no hero in this, but no villan as well!

Imagine being married to a coward, hopefully they don’t take your wife in front of you. I know for a fact most Somali men would have stood up to that taxi driver, thankfully the likes of you are rare in our community.

That is where you messed up. My wife, daughter, mother, sister or any other female relative is not some random female the likes of yourself.

Use some logic darling, It will help to balance out the madness cocoo in your head.

:yacadiim:

You’re a coward. Admit that to yourself.
It’s one thing to fear that he might have a gun, it’s another to not even try to intervene. Good god

NotMyL

VIP
I know I should have stepped up in a way, better then just sit in a car. My response was horrendous indeed, but there was nothing I could have done. Look, the Jidka Tarabuka is a quite a long road, and after W/R.T erdogan, it becomes quite isolated and without people. After that Jidka Jaalee Siad Barre is just dirt and no shops. So in between them, there is nobody to look to ask for help for. I I got shot, my body would not been found. Simple, its just isolated. If I ran and looked for someone, It would have been a lost cause.

And who would I call, this is Mogadishu, would I call an MP for a issue that happens everyday and is normal now, or my friends. Who would I actually call. Police. This is Mogadishu sister, and there is nothing I can do.

He may had a gun or something, and that is a risk for both of us. I am just stating the current issues of Somalia. I could have been in Seoul or somewhere more relaxing, yet I still came back, since at the end of the day, it is my country and I need to show the issues and find a solution. I am no hero in this, but no villan as well!
Do taxis have numbers in Somalia? Is there a way to report him? I’m sure the girl comes from a family that could do something about this ass hole, god forbid but imagine if that girl was your sister? You would want someone to protect her, remember what goes around comes around. I refused to believe you couldn’t do anything, did he have a gun on you? If you stepped out of the car and threatened his ass maybe he would have stopped the fact that you didn’t do anything, you be haunted by that believe me, that’s if you have any conscience.
That is where you messed up. My wife, daughter, mother, sister or any other female relative is not some random female the likes of yourself.

Use some logic darling, It will help to balance out the madness cocoo in your head.

:yacadiim:
If you didn’t have the balls to protect innocent Muslim girl from a rapist, you wouldn’t have the balls to protect your wife so miss with your shit waarya :camby:

Do taxis have numbers in Somalia? Is there a way to report him? I’m sure the girl comes from a family that could do something about this ass hole, god forbid but imagine if that girl was your sister? You would want someone to protect her, remember what goes around comes around. I refused to believe you couldn’t do anything, did have a gun on you? If you stepped out of the car and threatened his ass maybe he would have stopped the fact that you didn’t do anything you be haunted by that believe me that’s if you have any conscience.

If you didn’t have the balls to protect innocent Muslim girl from a rapist, you wouldn’t have the balls to protect your wife so miss with your shit waarya :camby:

If you can't protect yourself and depend on strange men, then stay losing nayaa!

Calaf

Veni Vidi Vici
2022 CHESS CHAMP
GENERALISSIMO
VIP
You’re a coward. Your sister could be getting raped in front of you and you wouldn’t do shit you pathetic excuse of a man. You remind me

It’s one thing to fear that he might have a gun, it’s another to not even try to intervene. Good god

Oh give me a break, you would say this now, but if it had been you, well, I do not think you would have done jack. I did something, and yes the aftermath was not as accepted.

Certain men would have joined or even accepted the driver. I tried to pay for her. And why would you board a taxi knowing that you cannot afford it.

Let's say I became the hero, and protect her. This crackhead may have shot both of us, leaving the dead bodies there. I am sorry, I have a family to bill for and a wife to take care of. I have my priorities and that is to keep safe. I already had 2 near death experiences here. I ain't making it a 3rd

I am no typical Somali man, This was wrong and unjust, But if it was my sister, well let me make it clear, She would not board a taxi with 2 man in the first place. Simple as. Mogadishu as well.

Call me a coward or whatever. But I did what I can in a climate where you risk your life!

NotMyL

VIP
If you can't protect yourself and depend on strange men, then stay losing nayaa!
You come across as those soft dudes, you would probably be raped before your wife and give in willingly because you are coward.

Trending