Stop using the word Abdi.

Nothing offends me more than this word. Especially when ajnabis say it boils my blood. We need to seriously ban it, if u have this name please consider a name change.

Abdul aswell. I hate the shortening of this name. If you're called Abdirahman or Abdulwahhab then just use the full version. Imagine people went around introducing as slave in English.

pinkyandthebrain

Sigmund and yes I'm 29
VIP
I hate that name is so cringe. Especially when ajnabis use that word to make somali boys a laughing stock "how do you know am an abdi" "abdi can't pass the ball" makes Somali boys look like utter dweebs

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
Because some Somalis (not all) believes naming their kids Arab names would automatically take them to heaven.

Mudug_gyal

Ψ¨Ω…Ψ§ يرآي Ψ§Ω„Ω„Ω‡ Feminist
VIP
Abdi is an acronym for names like abdullahi, abdulkarim, abdulrahman etc. no one actually names their kid abdi

Abdi is an acronym for names like abdullahi, abdulkarim, abdulrahman etc. no one actually names their kid abdi
They used to in the past. For example Muuse Biixi’s full name is Muuse Biixi Cabdi which means that his awoowe was actually named Cabdi

K-M-O

Coping through the 1st world
@Shimbiris explain to me why Abdi is so popular in the Somali community?

You’ve corrected me before stating to me that Abdi is no away a slave name.

But if you look at the dictionary it is.

I remember you said is a short name for Abdullahi?

You’ve grown in the Arab community: so you’re the right candidate to correct me again on why we should still be using that name.

I hate that name is so cringe. Especially when ajnabis use that word to make somali boys a laughing stock "how do you know am an abdi" "abdi can't pass the ball" makes Somali boys look like utter dweebs
Yeah they are keyboard warriors scared to say it in real life, another reason why I hate ajnabis.

Nothing offends me more than this word. Especially when ajnabis say it boils my blood. We need to seriously ban it, if u have this name please consider a name change.

Abdi is one of them names that was strictly used by Somalis until corny ajnabis got a hold of them

Add them to the many things ajnabis ruined it doesn’t even sound right anymore

Shimbiris

Ψ¨Ω‰ΩŽΨ± ΨΊΩ‰ΩŽΩ„ Ψ₯ي؀ ΨΉΨ’Ω†Ψ€ Ω„Ψ€
VIP
@Shimbiris explain to me why Abdi is so popular in the Somali community?

You’ve corrected me before stating to me that Abdi is no away a slave name.

But if you look at the dictionary it is.

I remember you said is a short name for Abdullahi?

You’ve grown in the Arab community: so you’re the right candidate to correct me again on why we should still be using that name.

Abdi means "My Servant/Slave". It is short for ABDULLAH which means "Servant/Slave of Allah". The one saying "My" in Abdi is assumed to be Allah, obviously. So yes, it is a religious name. Arabs have a similar name; Abdo which means "His Servant/Slave" with the same sort of connotation (His = Allah). Somalis didn't speak Arabic traditionally except for wadaads, merchants and some elites and it just caught on as a nickname/short of Abdullah. My grandfather had the name and people sometimes switched to just calling him Abdullah as that is assumed to be his "real" name even though on paper it was still "Abdi".

EritreanPost_

EritreanPost πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡·πŸ‡©πŸ‡―πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡΄πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡©πŸ‡ͺπŸ‡¬ |Eritrean news blogger
I like the name Abdi. I had a friend who is Somali. His name was Abdi.

Abdi is short name for Abdullah. Servant of Allah

NomadicWarlord

THROW YO 〽️s UP‼️ #MJBLOCK πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±πŸ‡ΈπŸ‡±
For all the idiots that dont know what it means, the word abdi=my servant and that is such a fabulous name mashallah :banderas:

Baarisiyomoos

buuq iyo balaayo 🫧
Abdi connected with one of the 99 names of Allah is great, but I hate that somalis shorten it to just Abdi. this is my time to say bring back traditional Somali names :fittytousand:
Warsame, Hanad, Rooble, Ayaanle, Raage Abshir, Xirsi, etc, are all beautiful names for a boy

Trending

Latest posts