STD/HIV testing within a marriage?

Would you get tested regularly even after getting married?

• Yes, get tested regularly even if married

Votes: 16 64.0%
  • No, I have 100% trust.

Votes: 9 36.0%

• Total voters
Have you heard about married couples regularly getting tested? Since hearing about how diaspora Somali men sleep with poor Somali/African women back home and sometimes leaving them pregnant. It makes me wonder if I would ever suggest getting regularly tested.

Also, the large influx of Ethiopian women in Somalia combined with a large population of reckless young men and women is disastrous for the Somali people.

What do you guys think?

(I would deffo do it before marriage, you cannot trust everyone. Since the HIV rate is creeping up in Somalia, it's clear that we need to change our attitude towards STD/HIV testing even if married)

There are too many things that can happen that should point towards regularly getting tested needing to be normalised.

1. Accidental HIV through contaminated needles- Somalia's poor healthcare standards?
2. Rape?
3. Cheating spouse or "second wife" in Africa who may have HIV/STD

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
Before marriage STD tests seems logical, after would be ridiculous. If you have those kinda doubts then time to divorce.

Before marriage STD tests seems logical, after would be ridiculous. If you have those kinda doubts then time to divorce.

I do agree that divorce is necessary as soon as you suspect your spouse.

However, many Somali men who go back to Africa for "business" and get a 2nd wife can surprise diseases home.

Only Allah deserves 100% trust.

What kind of Somali men are you talking about? Only fobs do shit like that. You planning to marry a fob?

I remember this diaspora young man telling me how he and his friends hook up with girls in Kenya.

Married YOUNG men under the age of 40 so yeah

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
You don’t have to put it that way lol I think if you ask anyone to get STD testing it will cause some type of discomfort and the whole “do you not trust me” follows, what hubby and I did was get physical examination, where they checked for everything not just STD/HIV. It’s more beneficial and less accusatory if that makes sense lol

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
I remember this diaspora young man telling me how he and his friends hook up with girls in Kenya.

Wouldn't it be better to just travel with him then? Although if things are getting to that point then its game over

Sis there are lots of good Somali men out there that would never marry out or anything. I wouldn’t worry about things like STDs if I chose the right person.

That being said, I am not getting married anytime soon, thank God :whew:

Have you heard about married couples regularly getting tested? Since hearing about how diaspora Somali men sleep with poor Somali/African women back home and sometimes leaving them pregnant. It makes me wonder if I would ever suggest getting regularly tested.

Also, the large influx of Ethiopian women in Somalia combined with a large population of reckless young men and women is disastrous for the Somali people.

What do you guys think?

(I would deffo do it before marriage, you cannot trust everyone. Since the HIV rate is creeping up in Somalia, it's clear that we need to change our attitude towards STD/HIV testing even if married)

There are too many things that can happen that should point towards regularly getting tested needing to be normalised.

1. Accidental HIV through contaminated needles- Somalia's poor healthcare standards?
2. Rape?
Maybe before marriage and once during marriage

What do you guys think?

2. Rape?
Better safe than sorry. Right?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I think every Somali marriage should be handled like the British monarchy or any other European monarchy. Bride teeth checked, legs spread to check stds and virginity. The prince also checked very closely for any When they had a foreign wife come from Germany or other countries, Of course, in our modern world, bride and groom should be checked thoroughly before the marriage commences. (especially the groom)

Last edited:

kickz

Engineer of Qandala
SIYAASI
VIP
:pachah1:Naa @Knowles whats with the qashin, obviously I am talkin about Somalis.
For the older Asian men you are lookin for you should get them tested every other day

Molotoff

Supreme Bosniak Geeljire
VIP
Yes of course and compulsory fatherhood tests too.

I ain't raising any bastards.

25fh.gif

Trending