State of emergency in Somaliland’s East Burao over Cholera Outbreak (over 30 dead in 24hrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
The health sector is horrid back home. I've seen doctors use diesel as sanitation in their surgical room:susp: I can literally open up a ward in my house and call myself Dr. Hebel. There's literally people who have a xawaadle and pharmacy in the the same store:mindblown: there's no quality control by dawlada hoose:ohlord:

I agree. I once visited Hargeisa general hospital ( I got food poisoned) the hospital was a mess very dirty and crowded, people leaving blood stains on the floor. I had a lucky escape. :whew:

The health sector is horrid back home. I've seen doctors use diesel as sanitation in their surgical room:susp: I can literally open up a ward in my house and call myself Dr. Hebel. There's literally people who have a xawaadle and pharmacy in the the same store:mindblown: there's no quality control by dawlada hoose:ohlord:

What do u mean have a xawaadle and pharmacy in the same room? Xawaadle to me is a neighbourhood in Hargaysa and a clan in Hiiraan.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
I agree. I once visited Hargeisa general hospital ( I got food poisoned) the hospital was a mess very dirty and crowded, people leaving blood stains on the floor. I had a lucky escape. :whew:

Meesha caadiba maahe. Can you ever picture somaliland being like a western nation:icon lol:. It's fkd up because wallahi my mind can't even imagine somalis living good, ever:damn::meleshame:

Bohol

VIP
Meesha caadiba maahe. Can you ever picture somaliland being like a western nation:icon lol:. It's fkd up because wallahi my mind can't even imagine somalis living good, ever:damn::meleshame:

It is a curse. It seems a lot of Somalis are content with low living standards.

It is a curse. It seems a lot of Somalis are content with low living standards.

Or they don't know better. Most Somalis are by now uneducated or misinformed by their respective tribe/community. Information is heavily restricted.

Some have settled for less, because less is better than nothing, but as some point their standards became so low, you could walk over them.

That's what our current leadership has done and will do.

Furthermore the most powerful (politicians, business people, smugglers of all kind) prefer the chaos of status quo as it doesn't disrupt their aconolation of wealth or power.

Or they don't know better. Most Somalis are by now uneducated or misinformed by their respective tribe/community. Information is heavily restricted.

Some have settled for less, because less is better than nothing, but as some point their standards became so low, you could walk over them.

Furthermore the most powerful (politicians, business people, smugglers of all kind) prefer the chaos of status quo as it doesn't disrupt their aconolation of wealth or power.

:meleshame:

What's ur solution Mudane Steam?

What's ur solution Mudane Steam?

Fundamental change requires an admission of the problem, and then seeking to change it.

Our main problem is a failed societal makeup, we can't use clans to govern a whole country but we can't ignore it either. I suggest we follow the Netherland model, where the lower house retains most power but the upper-house has an advisory role, and it could represent the many clans of the land.

We need a reliable freedom of speech AND freedom of information for the public look for example in the European convention article 10 (counters corruption) and regular democratic election for offices of trust (counters corruption and nepotism) and a fiercely independent and competent judiciary (counters the need for vigilantism and creates a framework to settle issues).

Those three alone should take of the most urgent problems.

Fundamental change requires an admission of the problem, and then seeking to change it.

Our main problem is a failed social makeup, we can't use clans to govern a whole country.

We need a reliable freedom of speech AND information for the public (counters corruption) and regular democratic election for offices of trust (counters corruption and nepotism) and a fiercely independent and competent judiciary (counters the need for vigilantism and creates a framework to settle issues).

Those three alone should take of the most urgent problems.

Democracy and elections, in my view, are part of the problem and not the solution. I agree with everything else though. Welcome back btw.

Democracy and elections, in my view, are part of the problem and not the solution. I agree with everything else though. Welcome back btw.

We are not having democratic election for the sake of pleasing westernes. We're having it because otherwise 70 % of the population, which is young will have much less influence otherwise. How do you propose solving that?

Democracy single greatest assets is its ability to confer legitimacy to the system. If you have personally been a part of an election, you are much more likely to accept the policies put forth and less likely to rebel and cause harm. The reason nobody respect the law in Somali is because we haven't as a society come to an agreement of what the law should and what framework to use. See the battle between Al-shabbab and the Federal government as example.

Elections alone won't do but they also confer hope for the many, that maybe this time the government will have to listen to their pleas.

Zayd

Habar Magaadle
I think this is the problem tbh

you have a whole bunch of people always saying may Allah do this or that instead of doing it for themselves

I know sxb but I'm 21 what can I do, you have millionaires sitting in hargeisa doing nothing.

Kuwaasi bala cadaabidoona.

We are not having democratic election for the sake of pleasing westernes. We're having it because otherwise 70 % of the population, which is young will have much less influence otherwise. How do you propose solving that?

Democracy single greatest assets is its ability to confer legitimacy to the system. If you have personally been a part of an election, you are much more likely to accept the policies put forth and less likely to rebel and cause harm. The reason nobody respect the law in Somali is because we haven't as a society come to an agreement of what the law should and what framework to use. See the battle between Al-shabbab and the Federal government as example.

Elections alone won't do but they also confer hope for the many, that maybe this time the government will have to listen to their pleas.

I understand your take on democracy but I respectfully disagree. Refer to a summary of Hans-Hermann Hoppe's book Democracy: The God that Failed to know why I'm fundamentally at odds with democratic governance.

I understand your take on democracy but I respectfully disagree. Refer to a summary of Hans-Hermann Hoppe's book Democracy: The God that Failed to know why I'm fundamentally at odds with democratic governance.

I'll refer you to Winston Churchill: "No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all-wise. Indeed it has been said that democracy is the worst form of Government except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time.…. "

I find your lacking answer for youth representation disappointing.

I find your lacking answer for my specific question about youth representation disappointing.

Youth can be well represented in a one party system.

The problem with a one party state is the same lack of legitimacy for a wider public and increasing centralization of power. Centralization of power and ressource was a key factor in the civil war and the continued resentment of rule from Mogadishu.

I rather we learn from our past and not rely on a benevolent leader. Checks and balances are not for display but to counter illegitimate use power, and greatest check is the people.

xisaabiye

Ibnu Suxuufi Ibnu Al Dhoobe
Reality is multinational companies(dahabshiil, omaar etc) who have no allegiance to anyone or anything except amassing more wealth, fund political parties(kulmiiye, wadani etc), who fund clan elders(habraha) represented by these parties, who sell pipe dreams to the overwhelming majority of uneducated people back home(the voter). Then the worst part is the educated diaspora who would overthrow such a government overnight, pledge blind fervent allegiance because it's their tols party and maybe their degaan will have a dhagax dhigid celebration for a well or hospital that will never come:ohlord:.

That's the best we got out of a democratic system :mjcry:

As for a federal one, well the proof is in the pudding :pachah1:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending