State of emergency in Somaliland’s East Burao over Cholera Outbreak (over 30 dead in 24hrs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bohol

VIP
Time for Oodweyne and West Burco to close their borders to prevent spill over. Bodies
of dozens of deceased people are prayed on in Baarsigo mosque in East Burco every night.

Wed, May 31st, 2017

A state of emergency has been declared in Burao, Togdher’s regional capital on Wednesday due to cholera outbreak epidemic.According to reliable reports on the ground confirm that the epidemic claimed more than 30 lives within the last 24 hours. The local council held an emergency meeting where more than 21 councilors attended and announced measures aimed at containing the spread of epidemic in Burao. All educational institutions were closed due to the cholera outbreak. The council issued a new directive that those coming to or leaving from the city should undergo health checks.

The regional authority is doing all it can to provide support to the victims of the cholera which erupted in the city. The central gov’t has not so far spoken about the health crisis in the city.

somalilandinformer

Last edited:
Good, they should tackle this before it increases, universal tv just said 20 people died and 3k are infected, subhanallah may Allah help them

Bohol

VIP
I don't want to make this political but wtf Ethiopia is sending alcohol, cannibals, low skilled workers, and now diseases why isn't the kulmiye regime closing the borders and standing up to their master?

I agree. This created a big backlash, how can the second biggest city not have enough healthcare facilities. The infected are so much that people
are laying under trees for treatment.

18740107_1194102407402589_8610457805354721671_n.jpg

I don't want to make this political but wtf Ethiopia is sending alcohol, cannibals, low skilled workers, and now diseases why isn't the kulmiye regime closing the borders and standing up to their master?

Ethiopia isn't their master. Let's settle down now walal

We have non issaqs reading.
:whoa:

I agree. This created a big backlash, how can the second biggest city not have enough healthcare facilities. The infected are so much that people
are laying under trees for treatment.

18740107_1194102407402589_8610457805354721671_n.jpg

:mindblown:

This will backlash on them come the elections, but to be fair i saw a few white tents with red writing, i'm not sure but a charity is helping

Vibrio Cholerae naturally occurs in brackish or salty water as well as in the gut lining of infected humans.

The spread is mostly due to poor quality water in the drought and lack of sanitation.

Bohol

VIP
Vibrio Cholerae naturally occurs in brackish or salty water as well as in the gut lining of infected humans.

The spread is mostly due to poor quality water in the drought and lack of sanitation.

Yes hygiene is very bad as well. People need to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer everytime before they eat, also avoid hand shakes until the outbreak goes.

Well that is what you get when you vote for a party that only thinks Somaliland is the Berbera to Wajaale corridor there is no healthcare investments for the area.

:manny:

When Americans look at Somalia they see anarchy, although they may be wrong on paper, they're right. There is no effective Somali government to be seen. Too much corruption, I hope a new political party emerges in Somaliland, one that is not restricted to a certain qabiil and whose only ideology is horumar.

Bohol

VIP
When Americans look at Somalia they see anarchy, although they may be wrong on paper, they're right. There is no effective Somali government to be seen. Too much corruption, I hope a new political party emerges in Somaliland, one that is not restricted to a certain qabiil and whose only ideology is horumar.

I agree. Since the services that real governments offer are missing we can't say there is a government whether central or local. They can't even collect the trash from the streets.

:francis:

felloff

FA'CASH GANG BABY
The rwanda insurance model should be implemented for somalia/land and they should start a grassroots nhs service idk how but its possible

The fact that people are dying from cholera in 2017 is fcking embarrassing. Dowlad-ku-sheeg needs to answer for this.

AUN to those who've passed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts