NEWS State Department all but closes Somaliland Succession Aspiration.

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
9D015EDA-4924-41B1-8E38-EF31394ECED8.jpeg

:damn:

I personally have no problem with the independence of Somaliland as long as they make new referendums in Sool Sanaag and Awdal. I wish my clan would stay with Somaliland but they wouldn't.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Since the SFG is de facto independent/competing multiple nations/enclaves with some areas under the 5 FMS and others under rebels/terrorists where do you stand on ending clan confederalism to create a functional central government for the South so that they can reunite with the North

1st claiming to be Afweyne's successor in 1991 was the proper way to withdraw the union with the South but what I would have favored is claiming to be Afweyne's successor and finding southern allies and helping Haawd/Hararga/Ogaadeniya/NFD get self determination hopefully through peaceful negotiations with EPLF/TPLF and Daniel ArapMoi and his Kiikuuyu opposition but now that opportunity is gone. The only way out now is wait for the SFG to become a functional government or start claiming Southern territories/allies through the successor model depending on how friendly the SFG is towards Soomaliland. Im absolutely against isolationism

north south is what the Somali republic was.

No one has a problem with this.

State resources should be shared also

the isaaaq clan need to forget about their kufaar quest of thinking they are special.

my Abti is Reer dhahar we would rather be 6 feet under than support such kufur.

somali waa mid. 1 man 1 vote equality. Numbers do the talking

north south is what the Somali republic was.

No one has a problem with this.

State resources should be shared also

the isaaaq clan need to forget about their kufaar quest of thinking they are special.

my Abti is Reer dhahar we would rather be 6 feet under than support such kufur.

somali waa mid. 1 man 1 vote equality. Numbers do the talking

You still didnt answer the question. Where do you stand on the de facto 5 countries FMS system of confederalism in the Somalia Italiana protectorate known as the SFG? We cant talk about northern reunification with the the south if there is no south. Do you like clan confederalism aka the silent sister of seperationism yes or no

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
I’m not surprised at all. They are just issuing lip service to xamar , recognizing us would prompt closer China-Somalia ties.I didn’t expect anything particular from this American tour.

I’m not surprised at all. They are just issuing lip service to xamar , recognizing us would prompt closer China-Somalia ties.I didn’t expect anything particular from this American tour.
It would be more productive if Hargeisa took the steering wheel of both Somalia and Somaliland. Somalia has 110 billion barrels in their ocean. They can't be trusted with that huge wealth.

Come Here Dr Evil GIF

Come to Pappa villa amisom .You had a good run but end of the day ictiraaf sits in xamar , most somalis sympathize with the landers and I'm pretty sure is only like less then 2% of the population who dont want to give somaliland its rightful independence . These parasites from ssc and that somali speaking Ethiopian khadar guleed are madax xanuun , bring some genuine ppl and let's sign the divorce papers.

These parasites from ssc and that somali speaking Ethiopian khadar guleed are madax xanuun , bring some genuine ppl and let's sign the divorce papers.

This is a trial separation. No formal divorce. If the jeeganists are smart they will engage Soomalia Italiana both the government and the nonterrorist opposition if FGS is hostile to JSL then help opposition take over the government or drive SFG out of Muqdisho and maybe even get them to join JSL as the successor to the Somali Republic depending on the situation and relations with the warlords/ministers contesting Somalia Italiana offices. Isolationism aka ictiraafism is a failed policy

bidenkulaha

GalYare
Honestly SL’s biggest mistake was aligning with Taiwan. America is a dying power in Horn of Africa. Our number one trade partner is China, Ethiopia + Sudan + Djibouti + even Kenya lol are pivoting to China as well.

China is going to destroy y’all’s ambitions. Secession is a dead end lol, Inshallah Somalis can continue building their regions everywhere

Honestly SL’s biggest mistake was aligning with Taiwan. America is a dying power in Horn of Africa. Our number one trade partner is China, Ethiopia + Sudan + Djibouti + even Kenya lol are pivoting to China as well.

China is going to destroy y’all’s ambitions. Secession is a dead end lol, Inshallah Somalis can continue building their regions everywhere
Facts. Recent developments also shows how America is slowly losing its grip on countries overseas. The East is where they should be looking towards, Americas time is over.

Som

VIP

The separation already happened. Its not something that is wanted but its a reality on the ground. That 1 clan you spoke of was joined by other clans in 1961 and then again in 1991. And Afweyne is irrelevent here because he was defeated by unionist SNM/USC/SPM

That depends on whether Somalia Italiana gets a functional central government that pitches a good reunification proposal to JSL lets not forget withdrawal from the union was the fallback position after CaliMahdi and other Southerners betrayed the terms of the union since 1960. The northern preference was always unionism if there was a southern partner to unite with instead of warlords and terrorists.
Unionism if Somalia gets better is an opinion more widespread among Daroods in Somaliland. Isaaqs on the other hand are categorically against any kind of reunification with Somalia, they would refuse even if Somalia becomes the richest and most stable country in Africa. I know initially the SNM was mainly about overthrowing Siad Barre and not that much separatist, but the movement quickly became opposed to any type of reunification. I'm pretty sure reer SL would have refuse reunification even if Somalia stabilized in the late 90s

Som

VIP
Somaliland attitude is the number 1 reason why they aren't recognized yet. If Somaliland made a deal with previous FGS or Transitional government they would have secured independence recognition at least 20 years ago. Somaliland refuses to have any talks with us, but the only way they can get ictiraaf is if Somalia agrees. Somaliland politicians made the conscious decision to keep the status quo, they don't actually want ictiraaf

@Som is right about the dumb isolationists ruling Hargeisa but he is wrong about the tribalist characterization of unionism. There is nothing to unite with aka there is no Soomalia Italiana so you cant say Isaaq would hate to reunite with Somalia Italiana. Wait until you create a functional centralized state

reer Somaalia Italiana dont say anything about stupid useless ictiraafism in Hargeisa until you create a functional central government in Muqdisho

greznigrezni

He/Him/She/Her/It/Zey/Zas/
We need a strong ruler leader that everyone respects and accepts. Somalis are holding back my conquest of the African land. I hereby declare my tuulo's independence from the broken lands of the Somaleis.

Reborn
Somaliland attitude is the number 1 reason why they aren't recognized yet. If Somaliland made a deal with previous FGS or Transitional government they would have secured independence recognition at least 20 years ago. Somaliland refuses to have any talks with us, but the only way they can get ictiraaf is if Somalia agrees. Somaliland politicians made the conscious decision to keep the status quo, they don't actually want ictiraaf

There have been 9 rounds of talks over the last decade.

The trip has several benefits for Somaliland:

1) They have now a solid conservative think tank, The Heritage, with former US government officials, lobbying on Somaliland's behalf. This group of people, some of whom happened to be US senators and congressmen, are selling the idea of US military to be stationed in Berbera and dealing with Somaliland as a separate country much the same way as Taiwan and Kosovo. And since the Republicans aren't in power now, the Somaliland lobbyists in Heritage are hoping the next US govt, which they hope will be a Republican-led, will take the case.

2) Due to Chinese competition in the Horn and Africa as a whole, they want more financial and development resources from the US government to be devoted to Somaliland in order to keep China exploiting the status quo between Somalia and Somaliland.

3) They want the US government to put pressure on the FGS to agree to the final separation path between Somaliland and Somalia.

4) The Washington trip was also good for President Muuse Biixi's re-election bid as he can go back to the Somaliland electorate and claim that he's advanced the Somaliland's recognition quest.