SSpotters, do you know how to swim?

Can you swim?

• Total voters

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
Swimming is on of the sunnah sports.

i got two of the three on lock; swimming and horse riding.

yes i had a cadaan upbringing, my siblings and i where the only non cadaan children in horse riding class.

shit is expensive as f*ck to, however the girls in my class made it all worth it.

My dad taught me how to swim when I was 3, by the age of 4 I was like a little fish. He started bringing my ass into the pool when I was 3 to 4 months old so I would be comfortable in water.

He also tried to teach me how to play soccer at 5 but I miserably failed at that so he gave up and taught me how to ride a two wheel bike. From 5 yrs old to the day he passed, we go out cycling almost everyday in the afternoon.

It's rare to see a Somali father take their kids out to do some outdoor activities, so I'm forever grateful my parents had the sense not to keep us hold up in a house, watching TV like most Somali kids are.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I use to go to the pool and just swim/laze about for hours in the water.

It feels good

Where do you live where you swim in the rivers, I knew you were a fob laakin this is beyond anything I've imagined :jcoleno:
Lol back in somalia my hooyo took me to the outskirts of the cities and they had like an enclave of water there and so much somali kids (all boys) were swimming there buck naked :dead:

I’m not sure exactly which city this was in, for the 4 years I lived in somalia we went to plenty of different cities, but most likely it was either xamar or laascanood. I was too young at the time to know and care about which city I lived in

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
I went to swimming classes when I was young but all I picked up was how to float.

That was enough though when I grew up I constantly went to swimming pools during the summer and taught myself how to swim.

I’m an adequate swimmer but i’m pretty skinny so I have to work twice as hard to stay afloat