SSpot Secular Conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Hrard your brand was brandy. Good selection. Best liquor in town. Or so they tell me.

:hillarybiz: Aside from being haram. Alcohol isn't for nomads. I'm vehmently against it. It's an in-toxic-ant. It provides absolutely no benefit to one's life (look at drunk driving, alcoholism and it's negative health effects). It robs you of nutrients - vitamins and minerals. Plus, I can't stand people acting like fools.:susp:Who needs altered states of consciousness. What are you really trying to escape is the question I have? :pachah1:

:hillarybiz: Aside from being haram. Alcohol isn't for nomads. I'm vehmently against it. It's an in-toxic-ant. It provides absolutely no benefit to one's life (look at drunk driving, alcoholism and it's negative health effects). It robs you of nutrients - vitamins and minerals. Plus, I can't stand people acting like fools.:susp:Who needs altered states of consciousness. What are you really trying to escape is the question I have? :pachah1:
I'm trying to escape the many alimony payouts exacted from me by cold hearted women.

Agreed that alcohol is haraam, but its not true that it has no benefits. The Quran says both alcohol and gambling have benefits, but that the harm outweighs the benefits. Google it. The benefit in gambling is obvious - you get to make money without working for it, but alcohol is beneficial too in some respects. It's used as a disinfectant for some surgical operations, it's used in cough medicine, and studies have shown that moderate consumption of red wine is good for the heart muscle, so the Quran is right. It has medicinal properties. Trouble is, like gambling, people use it to an excess and become addicted.

In fact, all Muslims consume alcohol when they take cough medicine.

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I'm trying to escape the many alimony payouts exacted from me by cold hearted women.

Agreed that alcohol is haraam, but its not true that it has no benefits. The Quran says both alcohol and gambling have benefits, but that the harm outweighs the benefits. Google it. The benefit in gambling is obvious - you get to make money without working for it, but alcohol is beneficial too in some respects. It's used as a disinfectant for some surgical operations, it's used in cough medicine, and studies have shown that moderate consumption of red wine is good for the heart muscle, so the Quran is right. It has medicinal properties. Trouble is, like gambling, people use it to an excess and become addicted.

In fact, all Muslims consume alcohol when they take cough medicine.

I've been to France. Red wine cannot be consumed in moderation - they are all alcoholics. They have a public health crisis to contend with. It's the grape juice and not the alcohol in the wine that is beneficial for heart health. You're better off eating organic grapes straight from the vine or getting a juicer and making some (without fermentation). I'm speaking strictly of ingestion not using it on a wound to prevent infection. :drakelaugh:And I don't take over the counter medication of any kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.