Splitting the bill

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
You could split the bill if you want to but most girls like a guy whose not stingy or cheap

@Knowles @HalimaJ I also pay but take them somewhere cheap.
If I asked a girl out after seeing her for a few weeks, and I choose the venue and dating plans, then I'll pay for everything because I invited her to the date.

If I know this girl and we "hanged out" a lot before hand (i.e. pseudo-dates), then we're sorta dating for the sake of the relationship. At that point, we're both probably planning it together, so we'll split.

If a woman asks me out on a date, I usually say no because I like to make the first move. On the off chance I say yes, then if she's taking me out to a super expensive place and she planned it out, she better fkin pay.

Fair enough, but would you say your approach to the whole paying for the date change based on how much you like her?

You could split the bill if you want to but most girls like a guy whose not stingy or cheap

I'm telling you, asking to split the bill makes a guy look bad from my perspective.

Thats enough for me to never see him again, no matter how much i thought he was a catch.

Mercury

Ha igu daalinee dantaada raac
VIP
I'm telling you, asking to split the bill makes a guy look bad from my perspective.

Thats enough for me to never see him again, no matter how much i thought he was a catch.

I agree it’s not a good look in my opinion

You will come off as stingy

YourBroMoe

Who the fuck am I? ギくェズー
Fair enough, but would you say your approach to the whole paying for the date change based on how much you like her?
That depends on our financial differences. If I'm significantly richer than her, and want to go out in places where I can afford to go, and I ask her out there, then I'm an asshole for expecting her to split the bill.

If we're both in the same level financially, and we equally love each other, then besides the first dates (assuming I act first in the relationship), we'd split the bill moving forward, or take turns treating each other, etc.

Honestly, for the most part, I'd go with the flow in relationships, so the points above might not even be valid as I continue to age.

Lostbox

「Immortal Sage」| Qabil-fluid
VIP
I'm cheap but I'll admit that if I like the girl, see her highly or brings lots of value and improves my life. I'm willing to go the extra mile. The rest, I'll see how little I can spend to keep them happy. First date I always keep it cheap. At the same time I'm mostly know to be cheap.

That depends on our financial differences. If I'm significantly richer than her, and want to go out in places where I can afford to go, and I ask her out there, then I'm an asshole for expecting her to split the bill. If we're both in the same level financially, and we equally love each other, then besides the first dates (assuming I act first in the relationship), we'd split the bill moving forward, or take turns treating each other, etc. Honestly, for the most part, I'd go with the flow in relationships, so the points above might not even be valid as I continue to age.

Where do you meet your women? Only date inside my social circle.

Last edited:

dr.leorio

death\emitter
I will pay for the meal since I'm traditionally wired. It's more of a power move to be honest.

However I will spend the entire date psychoanalysing and reading body language from the questions I ask. I'll know in 15 minutes if you'll get a second date or not. In most cases they fail horribly so I start shit testing them until they get annoyed/upset with me which results with them never calling or texting me back (I make it think it was their idea). Works like a charm.

Okay, I overhead these cadaan people talking about splitting the bill. One of the guys was saying he doesn't believe he should pay on dates. Whilst the other was traditional and said he would.

It got me thinking about the issue and also, the constant discussion people have on the matter on social media.

Personally, i would be irratated if a guy I was talking to decided to 'split' the bill. However, thats just me.

Okay, men if you were meeting up with the girl of your dreams at a restaurant ect would you split or pay? Be honest, i'm not judging.

Girls, how would you feel if you were meeting up with a guy you really liked and then at the end expected you to pay for your half?

Please no gender wars or bashing.
why would you be irritated?

You sound so enttitled to someone else's money.

You act like women don't need men.

Some guys don't mind being traditional, and others do. Both are fine in my book.

why would you be irritated?

You sound so enttitled to someone else's money.

You act like women don't need men.

Some guys don't mind being traditional, and others do. Both are fine in my book.

You've never met me, nor have I expressed that women don't need men. So lets not throw around baseless assumptions to score points.

I don't think its gentlemanly behaviour to invite someone out and then ask to split the bill. Not the type of man I would consider to be husband material.

Furthermore, if I am talking to a man, the reason is to get to know each other for marriage. Men that have the qualities of being a 'provider' are the ones that would not ask a woman they are serious about to pay on a date .A man that asks to split the cost would be the type to ask to go dutch on rent even if he could afford to pay for the whole rent.

Regardless of my irritation, if a man did such a thing, i would be polite and pay my half without a fuss, however, he would never see me again.

Going by this thread and real life, a man that really likes a woman would try and impress her and would not allow her to pay especially the first two dates. Therefore, i believe a man that asks to split the bill in 90% of cases is not really into the woman. Therefore, that is an indication that she should end things.

Last edited:
You've never met me, nor have I expressed that women don't need men. So lets not throw around baseless assumptions to score points.

I don't think its gentlemanly behaviour to invite someone out and then ask to split the bill. Not the type of man I would consider to be husband material.

Regardless of my irritation, if a man did such a thing, i would be polite and pay my half without a fuss, however, he would never see me again.

Going by this thread and real life, a man that really likes a woman would try and impress her and would not allow her to pay especially the first two dates. Therefore, i believe a man that asks to split the bill in 90% of cases is not really into the woman. Therefore, that is an indication that she should end things.
and what do you do on the first date to impress him?

it's 2019, the rules have changed. women pay for gus appointments these days, granted you've got a good one.:trumpsmirk:

anyways, you'll certainly find a nigga that'll pay everyday, mercury type you know. But To those of us who don't pay for dates, it doesn't mean we don't value her, it just means we value our money more because i sweat and lose sleep for that shit. I ain't gonna throw it on a girl because she's entitled. :nahgirl:

let's ask what she's doing to impress me on the first date. Why am I there?

and what do you do on the first date to impress him?

it's 2019, the rules have changed. women pay for gus appointments these days, granted you've got a good one.:trumpsmirk:

anyways, you'll certainly find a nigga that'll pay everyday, mercury type you know. But To those of us who don't pay for dates, it doesn't mean we don't value her, it just means we value our money more because i sweat and lose sleep for that shit. I ain't gonna throw it on a girl because she's entitled. :nahgirl:

Remember though high quality women don't chase men.

It is part of the nature of a man to pursue women, and has been since the dawn of time. A manly man goes after the woman he wants.

The whole, i don't need to pursue women mentality is definitely a feminine trait. But I suppose in 2019, the roles are reversing.

Remember though high quality women don't chase men.

It is part of the nature of a man to pursue women, and has been since the dawn of time. A manly man goes after the woman he wants.

The whole, i don't need to pursue women mentality is definitely a feminine trait.
lol wallahi you're asleep. u have no idea what's going in the world.

what's more feminine than a nigga who'll do anything to impress you? won't u be bored of that?:gucciwhat:

anyways, say he chased u and asked u out, and u accept and by doing so, u consent to that date. he's paying for the dinner to impress you. What do you do to impress him?:cosbyhmm: I am curious. I wanna understand the logic behind this.

lol wallahi you're asleep. u have no idea what's going in the world.

what's more feminine than a nigga who'll do anything to impress you? won't u be bored of that?:gucciwhat:

anyways, say he chased u and asked u out, and u accept and by doing so, u consent to that date. he's paying for the dinner to impress you. What do you do to impress him?:cosbyhmm: I am curious. I wanna understand the logic behind this.

Men are hunters, pursuers. It is in the nature of a man to try and get the attention of a woman first. Its how a masculine man is wired. Hence why, many men feel uncomfortable with the idea of a woman asking them out or a woman paying for dates.

A man paying for the date is the bare minimum. What will impress me is his personality and intelligence. I'm sure its the same for a man. It goes both ways.

Men are hunters, pursuers. It is in the nature of a man to try and get the attention of a woman first. Its how a masculine man is wired. Hence why, many men feel uncomfortable with the idea of a woman asking them out or a woman paying for dates.

A man paying for the date is the bare minimum. What will impress me is his personality and intelligence. I'm sure its the same for a man. It goes both ways.
tenor.gif

Like dave Chappelle said, chivalry is dead and women killed it.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending