South Somalia media distateful negative reporting!

There seems to be an increase of horrible and scaremongering reporting from the haawiye media channels! I dont know what the agenda is but its terrifying.

I know bad news sells and gets the views but somalia doesn't need that right now.

From constant repetitions of the same rape story. They literally milked that story of the girl that got raped, then the boy, and now this 5 year old child. Not to mentions other stories of murderers, riots, political scandals, just constant negative news! Enough to put you off somalia.

Then I've looked at puntland and somaliland tv and its all focused on positive news on developments, achievements of government, and just regular stuff.

My question is we know its not all doom and gloom in xamar, there good stories of people doing amazing work within the community why not focus on those and shed some much needed positive light into the place.

The only south somalia media channel that i think is very professional is astaan tv and its not owned by haawiye but rer o Hassan.

This is the latest horrible story, which am sure will get dragged for days! In a pot of qabil, corruption, allegations of mismanagement, etc

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
Then I've looked at puntland and somaliland tv and its all focused on positive news on developments, achievements of government, and just regular stuff.

My question is we know its not all doom and gloom in xamar, there good stories of people doing amazing work within the community why not focus on those and shed some much needed positive light into the place.
That's the thing. It actually is all doom and gloom in Xamar. The good stories and good people are significantly outnumbered by the bad stories and bad people. The media reflects their respective regions. That's why Puntland media is positive and optimistic: they know that Puntland is moving towards a bright future.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
That's the thing. It actually is all doom and gloom in Xamar. The good stories and good people are significantly outnumbered by the bad stories and bad people. The media reflects their respective regions. That's why Puntland media is positive and optimistic: they know that Puntland is moving towards a bright future.
Hawiya iyo Darood mentality are not same :tocry: .

I still don't think its in their best interest to showcase xamar in this way! As if bombs weren't bad enough now its rape in every corner.

There has to be some kind of agenda thats orchestrating and benefiting from this type of extreme negative media.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
The truth is more bad news is coming out of the south than good news, remember when PL had a single rape case and the southern media where all over it no stop, it got to the point that that whole PL regions was named as KufsiLand, but again with all these rape and atrocities going on no one is calling the south HellHoleland since it is norm up there.

The rapes should be reported and the bastards committing them swiftly get executed. They aint even sparing toddlers now ffs.

Am not saying they shouldn't be reported, but its getting breaking news coverage everyday! One would assume this type thing is a daily occurrence.

They should report on it but don't forget the good news whilst your at it.

The truth is more bad news is coming out of the south than good news, remember when PL had a single rape case and the southern media where all over it no stop, it got to the point that that whole PL regions was named as KufsiLand, but again with all these rape and atrocities going on no one is calling the south HellHoleland since it is norm up there.

Yeah i remember that whole kufsiland crap! Puntland has a lot of haters unfortunately for them we barely have any bad news to report.

If you read any fb comment on a story about puntland the hate is just ridiculous.