IMG_20111024_071608.jpg

8b59e22c1af32bed19c277358f13deaf.jpg

fe2f93e63c016c8f94b6362436714fde.jpg

150767_440717519289406_100000534863602_1491218_991767935_n.jpg

A lot of them look like north Ethiopians/Habesha. :ehh:

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
@Apollo Why did you put my response post with @samaalewarrior in this thread for? Might as well delete it because I look like a fool not talking about the basic topic of Iraqw.

My response was about Southeast Bantus, not Iraqw.

@Apollo Why did you put my response post with @samaalewarrior in this thread for? Might as well delete it because I look like a fool not talking about the basic topic of Iraqw.

My response was about Southeast Bantus, not Iraqw.

:uCkf6mf: Typical.... Your map doesn't even get to the Southeast Bantus. That's only the Venda and they don't get north of Zimbabwe.

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/ClusterDetails.aspx?rop2=C0274

"The Southeastern Bantu people cluster consists of a single ethnic group--the Venda of South Africa. Their homeland is located in northeastern Transvaal; there are also Venda living across the border in Zimbabwe. The Vendas were intricately involved with the Rozvi Kingdom, and their Bantu language is closely related to that of the Karanga of Zimbabwe. Some ethnolinguists classify their language as transitional between Sotho and Shona."

Factz

Factzopedia
VIP
:uCkf6mf: Typical.... Your map doesn't even get to the Southeast Bantus. That's only the Venda and they don't get north of Zimbabwe.

http://www.peoplegroups.org/Explore/ClusterDetails.aspx?rop2=C0274

"The Southeastern Bantu people cluster consists of a single ethnic group--the Venda of South Africa. Their homeland is located in northeastern Transvaal; there are also Venda living across the border in Zimbabwe. The Vendas were intricately involved with the Rozvi Kingdom, and their Bantu language is closely related to that of the Karanga of Zimbabwe. Some ethnolinguists classify their language as transitional between Sotho and Shona."

I meant Tanzania.

@South Cushitic I come from the Kalenjin community in Kenya, same as Barbaig, Maasai and Samburu. Our original clans were Cushites who then married Nilotic women.
Later Bantu clans joined our tribe and shifted their language. Nilotes did not absorb us it was the other way round.

Our ancestors are the Megalithic Cushites from the Azanian Civilization that existed in South east africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania upto Mozambique. As pastoralists they moved till Southern Africa. The Himba tribe for example are their remnants although their language shifted to Bantu

Last edited:
@South Cushitic I come from the Kalenjin community in Kenya, same as Barbaig, Maasai and Samburu. Our original clans were Cushites who then married Nilotic women.
Later Bantu clans joined our tribe and shifted their language. Nilotes did not absorb us it was the other way round.

Our ancestors are the Megalithic Cushites from the Azanian Civilization that existed in South east africa, Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania upto Mozambique. As pastoralists they moved till Southern Africa. The Himba tribe for example are their remnants although their language shifted to Bantu

This is interesting, were Kalenjin practicing Waaq worshipping people? In East Cushitic the sky god is called Waaq, it is the same religion with Central Cushitic people like Agaws but they call the sky god Zaar instead of Waaq.

Welcome , my long distance runner bro.

@James Dahl No. But there are Somali and Borana clans in Kalenjin and Maasai. We and Barbaig worship Goddess Isis like the Beja Cushites of East Sudan.
Waaq is in our language as "Akh".
But what's interesting is Maasai worship Enkai who was from Sumeria. Maybe middle east was once Cushitic territory
All these are found in Ancient Egypt
@MARAQ DIGAAG hehe thanks bro long distance running is a pastoralist trait.

Von

With blood and Iron will we reach the fatherland

so do you see yourself as Cushite, Bantu or Nilotic?

Apollo

VIP
There is a large clan called Woria. They were Somali herders we met in Laikipia region. Most were moved to Bomet region by British and intermarried with Kisii.

23andMe recently expanded its sub-categories. They have a Sudanese, Ethiopian-Eritrean, and Somali category.

Also, Southeast African.

Take the test, it should be interesting for you.

There is a large clan called Woria. They were Somali herders we met in Laikipia region. Most were moved to Bomet region by British and intermarried with Kisii.
Are you talking about the Somalis who came during Colonial era? There were also Somali cattle traders during the Omani presence on the coast.

Last edited:
23andMe recently expanded its sub-categories. They have a Sudanese, Ethiopian-Eritrean, and Somali category.

Also, Southeast African.

Take the test, it should be interesting for you.

Great. Last I checked they only had South East Bantu. When I take i'll share it. There is scarcely any ancestry tests on us. Mostly it's Maasai.

But the Barbaig tested were about 65% Cushitic ancestry. That was more than I expected.

Are you talking about the Somalis who came during Colonial era? There were also Somali cattle traders during the Omani presence on the coast.

No Ancient Somalis. They also used to be around Central Kenya and Turkana. Yeah I know about the coastal traders. Someone once told me Mombasa was Somali. Have you heard about Rhapta? The ancient city in Dar es salaam written about by Greek traders. It was also Cushites

Status
Not open for further replies.