Somalis weren’t pagans before islam

And that’s on period
:trumpsmirk:
I’ve heard Somalis used to believe in a religion where is there is a god and angels I think it’s called “waaq “ something like that .

But also I’ve heard christianity but would Christianity still be considered as pagan religion before Islam and after jesus & companies?

Qeelbax

East Africa UNUKA LEH
VIP
I’ve heard Somalis used to believe in a religion where is there is a god and angels I think it’s called “waaq “ something like that .

But also I’ve heard christianity but would Christianity still be considered as pagan religion before Islam and after jesus & companies?
No not Christianity. There’s no proof somalis were ever Christian, if they were it was a small number. Plenty of proof for waaq.

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Hardly any pre-Islamic documentation on Somalia so calling BS on this.

Erythrean

🇺🇸 PROUD MURICAN!!! Hamitic Horner Race
I theorize that Waaq was a Prophets message to us that Allah sent. It has too many similarities with Islam to be written off a coincidence.

I theorize that Waaq was a Prophets message to us that Allah sent. It has too many similarities with Islam to be written off a coincidence.
Yh I think a prophet was to send to the Somalia and told them about god
Before Christianity and even after it
They will still believing how there is one god

If they didn’t know about islam or the word of allah swt they go to jannah regardless.
It’s amazing how Somalis never fall for Christianity even tho their neighbours was majority Christian
Now I wonder why did Somalis never accepted Christianity like the way they did with Islam .

In Islam sense
The Somalis was better then the Christian because they believed in isa being son of god while the Somalis believed in god and his angels

Awad

عادل | جامعة الدفاع العربي
Please call BS on fuutadhadha qarmuun. Mahadsanid Walalo.
:nogrammynoneck:
You do realize that a lot Somalis, especially among the interior continued pagan practices even after the advent of Islam right?

Psychologist

Changemaker
We barely know anything about waaq how can you be that sure.😂😂
Recent discoveries in Somalia include a new text that illustrates the god Waaq's teachings.

Waaq actually foresaw the future

"He who denies my existence, denies himself" WaaqBuug 2:11

This statement explains how the Somali people lost faith in themselves when they ceased believing in waaq.

BTW The teaching is only available to a select set of individuals, the chosen ones, and it is our obligation to spread the word. However, we cannot accomplish this by displaying the book since it might be destroyed.

Waaq in Somali and Somalioid languages (like Bayso) means heaven, but it means god in Oromo. Proto-Somalis never worshipped a god called Waaq.

remember that the Gap between Somalis and Oromos is 3000 years, same as that between Bengalis and Norwegians. The age and time depth of afro-asiatic is insane.

you also cannot say Somalis before Islam because Somalis are defined by Islam, like saying Jews before mount Sinai or French before the treaty of Verdun.

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP
It’s amazing how Somalis never fall for Christianity even tho their neighbours was majority Christian
Now I wonder why did Somalis never accepted Christianity like the way they did with Islam .

In Islam sense
The Somalis was better then the Christian because they believed in isa being son of god while the Somalis believed in god and his angels
There are old Christian graves in somaliland, some somalis in the north were likely Christians

Trending