Somalis vs the Chinese. One is feared and one is laughed at.

How come?

Both are insanely loyal, prideful and ultra nationalistic but that is where the similarities end.

One likes to chew khat all day and “bashaal” the other cannot even find a wife if he is not successful by a certain age.

One puts country above oneself, the other puts his interests & himself above his country.

One fights to ensure oneness amongs his people and considers betrayal of that unforgivable, the other dedicates his time to division and carves out his own corner in his country.

As you can see ladies and gents, we have become pathetic and have stooped so low. Somalia today is at the bottom of every development metric and is used as a pawn by Arab and European nations. Our children are also in extreme poverty.

It it will with my current knowledge that Somalia will never dig itself out of the gutter.

What has to change you ask?

You guy’s already know the answer. I don’t need to spell it out.

It starts by accepting it and taking action. Otherwise we will forever stare at the former glory of ancient Somalis who would be disgusted at the sight of us.

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
ThornyMeagerIrishdraughthorse-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:
Chinese acknowledged their failure throughout the 20th century/The century of humiliation, and vowed to never repeat it. We need to take notes from them, those guys are at the cusp of eclipsing the west.

What glory thing we were at the first place, did we have industrial revolution. We were nomads. I think we need to start to be honest with ourselves first and most , and acknowledge our short comings and useless work ethics way of life. And ditch the qabil and see ourself as one then something may change.

GemState

36/21
VIP
The Chinese have had a recorded continuous civilization for at least 3000 years, and the oldest written language in the world, Somali's didn't have an agreed upon script until the 60s.

Don't ever compare the 2

How come?

Both are insanely loyal, prideful and ultra nationalistic but that is where the similarities end.

One likes to chew khat all day and “bashaal” the other cannot even find a wife if he is not successful by a certain age.

One puts country above oneself, the other puts his interests & himself above his country.

One fights to ensure oneness amongs his people and considers betrayal of that unforgivable, the other dedicates his time to division and carves out his own corner in his country.

As you can see ladies and gents, we have become pathetic and have stooped so low. Somalia today is at the bottom of every development metric and is used as a pawn by Arab and European nations. Our children are also in extreme poverty.

It it will with my current knowledge that Somalia will never dig itself out of the gutter.

What has to change you ask?

You guy’s already know the answer. I don’t need to spell it out.

It starts by accepting it and taking action. Otherwise we will forever stare at the former glory of ancient Somalis who would be disgusted at the sight of us.
100% we need to work like slaves to get our country better. It could be a paradise. All that coast..

What glory thing we were at the first place, did we have industrial revolution. We were nomads. I think we need to start to be honest with ourselves first and most , and acknowledge our short comings and useless work ethics way of life. And ditch the qabil and see ourself as one then something may change.
That didn't apply to all Somalis, we had an urban population too

Reborn
The Chinese have had a recorded continuous civilization for at least 3000 years, and the oldest written language in the world, Somali's didn't have an agreed upon script until the 60s.

Don't ever compare the 2

Even the script that was imposed by the Kacaan regime has many issues and never really set a standardised script version of Somali :mjlol:

Don't ever compare the 2
I highly doubt there was no script. How could Somalis of the past have built civilisations and conduct business extensively with others through trade without something as fundamental as a script? You'd need record keeping skills, calculating the worth of goods, written plans to build ships (eg. beden vessel) and organise businesses, sign deals etc. Somethings really not adding up. We can't say this for sure unless more archaeological work is done

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I highly doubt there was no script. How could Somalis of the past have built civilisations and conduct business extensively with others through trade without something as fundamental as a script? Somethings really not adding up. We can't say this for sure unless more archaeological work is done

Yeah the script existed. You can find them or the script scratches in the mountains and caves of Baidaba

Donate to me to prove ur somalinomo, eh help fellow somali soo ma aha eh?
Prove to me of your dire circumstances and I shall happily do so.

Don't ever compare the 2
So because one had a script, we shouldn’t dare to compare?

If a mere script is what you base your judgement on, I feel sorry for you.

Let me enlighten you on how powerful being a nomad is mere child.

A nomad is self sufficient and self sustaining.

Meanwhile the “industrial revolution” you speak of relies on someone else to turn the wheel before you are fed. The nomad catches his food with his bare hands and you wait in-line at a shop for someone else to give it to you.

All it takes is for a farmer to stop planting crops for you to panic and pick up a shovel and quit your job as an office worker in a skyscraper.

Humble yourself and understand what it takes for you to be this privileged to make it this far.

GemState

36/21
VIP
I highly doubt there was no script. How could Somalis of the past have built civilisations and conduct business extensively with others through trade without something as fundamental as a script? You'd need record keeping skills, calculating the worth of goods, written plans to build ships (eg. beden vessel) and organise businesses, sign deals etc. Somethings really not adding up. We can't say this for sure unless more archaeological work is done
They didn't have their own script. The very few elite used Arabic to transcribe Somali.
Prove to me of your dire circumstances and I shall happily do so.

So because one had a script, we shouldn’t dare to compare?

If a mere script is what you base your judgement on, I feel sorry for you.
One has used the same script from the time the Ancient Egyptians and Greeks were around and has still preserved it, the other paints food and drink to a wall to indicate that it is a Restaurant.

Yes, scripts are very important

Yukon_Niner

Ugaas of the supreme gentleman
VIP
One got rid of their dictator, the other didn't. Siad Barre will always be a better alternative to what came afterwards.

Likewise you can shit on Chinese dictator's all you want but their massacres, authoritian rule and decade long plans saved them. Same with the Soviet Union.

Don't ever compare the 2
Scripts don't determine anything, Somalia has had cities for millenia's and even though its barely been studied there's all sorts of shit written around the country as noted by colonialist forces in Northern Somalia (in this particular case Brits chasing the Mullah).

From officer McNiell's book

On the 8th we started for Beretableh, to reach which we went through a pass, the road of which was originally constructed by the Phoenicians in some bygone age. The rocks on either side had carved on them many curious inscriptions which of course we were unable to decipher.

there was writing in Somalia long before large parts of Europe, that doesn't explain why one is developed while the other lives in rafaad. Next time you have a stupid take, take moment to think about it.

Last edited:
They didn't have their own script. The very few elite used Arabic to transcribe Somali.

One has used the same script from the time the Ancient Egyptians and Greeks were around and has still preserved it, the other paints food and drink to a wall to indicate that it is a Restaurant.

Yes, scripts are very important
Are You A Supporter Of Far Osmanya
Screenshot_20211010-163431_Chrome.jpg

Chinese acknowledged their failure throughout the 20th century/The century of humiliation, and vowed to never repeat it. We need to take notes from them, those guys are at the cusp of eclipsing the west.
Outside of the last 300 hundred years or so, the sinosphere was the #1 civilization before they were encumbered by an regressive barbarian dynasty.

Trending