Somalis should take the Germans and Japanese as role models

No buddy you didn’t say anything about mixing any culture..... but you did mention creating an ‘African Japan’ and an ‘African Germany’. AKA a Somalia that is a carbon copy of either Germany or Japan. :ulyin:

German and Japanese were always resilient and diligent. Us on the hand, if reports are to be believed, were just bandits who liked to trade and goat herd.

Somalis need to be more like english since our mentality is similar. The anglo is level 100 somali.

No doubt we have our work cut out for us as Somalis. However, I don’t think it’s healthy for us to look at ourselves through the eyes of Europeans and other foreigners.

Diaspora ambassador

''Dagaalka gala'' Garaad Jaamac Garaad Cali
VIP
qabil and lack of unity in the past is why we got colonized

We were actually protectorates, not colonies like anyone says.

However it is true if we fought togheter nonway in hell that the Europeans could stay in the Somali peninsula. I think it is God's wrath upon us for not working toghether.

World

VIP
The problem with Somalia is that it’s a desert. That’s why we’ve never had any real kingdoms or history. You can’t build that on a desert. You can only have nomadic fiefdoms.

Lord of Warshiekh

Friend of a Selected few, The Rt.Hon.
The problem with Somalia is that it’s a desert. That’s why we’ve never had any real kingdoms or history. You can’t build that on a desert. You can only have nomadic fiefdoms.
There are two rivers and a mountainous/ fertile north. Yemen and oman are worst than us geographically and have had some great empires

World

VIP
There are two rivers and a mountainous/ fertile north. Yemen and oman are worst than us geographically and have had some great empires
I would say that both those countries have better geography than Somalia. Yemen has a larger agricultural base, and Oman has a better maritime location for trade (closer to South Asia etc). Oman also got a bit lucky in terms of technology that they “stole” from the Portuguese and used to build an empire in East Africa.

Helios

Certified Liin Distributor
AQOONYAHAN
VIP
The Germans and Japanese arewell-punctuated and smart. They strive for success in any profession they are in and have a well organised and effective schedule. They know what they are doing and will focus only on the most essential and useful sections. They aren’t that meticulous but try to be as efficient as they can at whatever they are doing. They cooperate with acknowledgement of their peers’ successes and they communicate with one another to learn from each others flaws and solutions to them.

Somalis on the other hand have no sense of self control and hate for one another. They have little care for the final outcome of their work and aren’t effective nor efficient at doing anything. They just shout
Swear, and hate everyone on this planet. Even if there is some contempt for a greater enemy (AKA ethiopia and kenya) we should out smart them and use our collective thinking.

German and Japanese Achievements:
View attachment 83237
View attachment 83238
View attachment 83239
View attachment 83240
View attachment 83241
View attachment 83242They were building the autobahn by the 1930s, while we were in huts.
View attachment 83243
The germans fought 4 great powers TWICE, losing the war only due to the resource and manpower of the Soviets and Americans.
View attachment 83244
Their cooperation, ingenuity, and dignity for their homeland earnt them respect from the french, who called Rommel’s 7th Panzer Division , ‘Ghost division’.
I would have made a thread like this but I woulda got pounced on instantly by you know who. So I decided to see if anyone would make this thread. The tribalism in the Germans and Japanese and their subsequent centralization and rapid increase in power/economy should be studied by Somalis.

Lord of Warshiekh

Friend of a Selected few, The Rt.Hon.
I would say that both those countries have better geography than Somalia. Yemen has a larger agricultural base, and Oman has a better maritime location for trade (closer to South Asia etc). Oman also got a bit lucky in terms of technology that they “stole” from the Portuguese and used to build an empire in East Africa.
You could say otherwise.

We have the most strategic position in the old world after egypt and Singapore. Anyone who controlled us controlled the trade between east and west. Why else did the british , french , and italians carve us up instead of one of them taking the whole of somalia?

World

VIP
You could say otherwise.

We have the most strategic position in the old world after egypt and Singapore. Anyone who controlled us controlled the trade between east and west. Why else did the british , french , and italians carve us up instead of one of them taking the whole of somalia?
The British did not view Somaliland as a strategic position though, their main prize was India and afterwards Yemen. Somaliland simply served as a reliable meat supply for their Yemeni colony, and to also stop other European powers from taking it for themselves.

Trending