Somalis in shewa back in 13th century

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Ethiopians are sneaky 🤣😂they named their country "Ethiopia" a name that originate from Sudan and meant to describe black people then they went on to name themselves abbyssnians another regional name used for horn of Africa :deadrose::damn:they're the greatest history revisionism nacalaa, now they absolutely editing tf out of Somali wiki kkk
1694547953169.png

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Made some research and these graves are in afar land but they seem to be deep into Ethiopia, again Somali domination over danakil
No bro, you were right
It's actually in shewa on top of that
One of them belongs to a walashama ruler
Here's the article
@Garaad diinle
The walashama ruler was buried in a somali grave style
20230912_231006.jpg

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
@Garaad diinle
No bro, you were right
It's actually in shewa on top of that
One of them belongs to a walashama ruler
Here's the article
@Garaad diinle
The walashama ruler was buried in a somali grave style
View attachment 293159
@Garaad diinle what do you think about the article?
It's pushing some kinda of walashama non somali origins and ignored the somali style graves

Shewa Amharas dress like reer miye Somalis. They wear our white robes and have our green and yellow belts to carry daggers. I knew Somalis influenced them but I didn’t realize it was that far back.

Garaad diinle

 
@Garaad diinle

@Garaad diinle what do you think about the article?
It's pushing some kinda of walashama non somali origins and ignored the somali style graves
It really doesn't matter what they think, what i value the most is their findings more so than their conclusions. Many westerners don't favour somalis and i've come across some writings that detaches somalis from the history of both adal and ifat.

The reason we know that the walashama were somalis is primarily due to their lineage. The manuscript of ba'lawi writing in the 16th century clearly points out the ancestry of the walashama. They're descendent from aw barkhadle who is an ethnic somali and acknowledged as such even by the hararis.

4822uQ2.png

Last edited:

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP
Ethiopians are sneaky 🤣😂they named their country "Ethiopia" a name that originate from Sudan and meant to describe black people then they went on to name themselves abbyssnians another regional name used for horn of Africa :deadrose::damn:they're the greatest history revisionism nacalaa, now they absolutely editing tf out of Somali wiki kkk
View attachment 293144
It is more like Arabs and foreigners calling Everything in the Horn Habasha, a name that is synonym with Semitic speaking highlanders. Think about it as westerner calling all east Asian Chinese. In addition to that, Al-Amrri who is being discussed here, never went to Horn of Africa.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Haters try so hard to remove the lamagoodle lords from the region’s history but everything ties back to us one way or another, be it DNA, archaeology, the historic polities, the extinct groups, the old manuscripts, the cities, the towns, it all comes back to us. This is why their main tactic is to focus only on the sobriquet Somali or Samaale, but that is clearly intellectually bankrupt when you peel away the layers and see all the deeper blood ties, etymologies, cultural links, etc.

Even the more recent Gobroon Dynasty didn’t call themselves Somali Sultans or a Somali Sultanate why would those a thousand years earlier be any different, especially if they weren’t engaging in Pastoralism and therefore weren’t a Somal but a Harla, a Tumal, a Zayla’i, a Mogadishan, a Madanle or simply identified as a member of one of the major clans etc?

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare
It really doesn't matter what they think, what i value the most is their findings more so than their conclusions. Many westerners don't favour somalis and i've come across some writings that detaches somalis from the history of both adal and ifat.

The reason we know that the walashama were somalis is primarily due to their lineage. The manuscript of ba'lawi writing in the 16th century clearly points out the ancestry of the walashama. They're descendent from aw barkhadle who is an ethnic somali and acknowledged as such even by the hararis.

4822uQ2.png
Where can I find this manuscript

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
The origin story of the argobba at least these from shonke an tollaha lay in the the stories of abbayye kulubas and abbayye fäqi aḼmäd both of whom lived in the 13th century the same century that ifat sultanate was founded. Sheikh kulubas is said to be an arab that came from asmara and i remember once reading that he came from axum. I think this reflects the ethnic identity of the argobba who are an ethio-semitic group. The other sheikh named faqi ahmed is said to have come from zeila and this probably reflect their islamic identity since zeila was the gate of islam that converted many ethnicities in the horn of africa.
More about faqi ahmed
A somali man?

Garaad diinle

 
Where can I find this manuscript
I don't remember but i'll try to look for it.

More about faqi ahmed
A somali man?
I really don't know. There are a lot of sheikhs and awiliya' in harar and faqi ahmed might be also listed in their recored as being among the sheikhs that is said to have come with abaadir from arabia but i'm speculating here.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh

I really don't know. There are a lot of sheikhs and awiliya' in harar and faqi ahmed might be also listed in their recored as being among the sheikhs that is said to have come with abaadir from arabia but i'm speculating here.
Might it be possible that argobbas were islamized by a somali man?
cosbyhmm.png

From what I've read Gabal are probably what made them muslims, they claim gabal ancestry
Or might be from another man?

Garaad diinle

 
Might it be possible that argobbas were islamized by a somali man?
View attachment 293251
From what I've read Gabal are probably what made them muslims, they claim gabal ancestry
Or might be from another man?
Might be but nothing is certain as of yet. What i find interesting is the great mosque of nora found in eastern shewa. It was built around the 13th century the very same century faqi ahmad and kulubas arrived in eastern africa.

In regard to the argobba origin story, they appear to have a tradition or memory of them coming from the north all the way to ifat. Here it is.

8P3rGy1.jpg

mohammdov

Hansare Iyo baarsare

I was looking for it for a long time and found a copy, but it was poor and difficult to read

Garaad diinle

 
I was looking for it for a long time and found a copy, but it was poor and difficult to read
The one i posted while one could say it's hard to read in some places it's over all as clear as some copies of futuh al-habasha. I don't remember how i found it initially, i think someone on twitter shared a link but i'm not very sure about. I looked for it in gallica but it's not there.

Somali_patriotic

Everything unuka leh
Might be but nothing is certain as of yet. What i find interesting is the great mosque of nora found in eastern shewa. It was built around the 13th century the very same century faqi ahmad and kulubas arrived in eastern africa.

In regard to the argobba origin story, they appear to have a tradition or memory of them coming from the north all the way to ifat. Here it is.

8P3rGy1.jpg
So little of them claim gabal origins?
Doubt they would be descendents of pastoralist group anyways

Mentioning the great mosque of nora
From the article we have seen
It was surrounded by somali style graves on top of that one shaykh of the walashama
cosbyhmm.png

Was there a mention of who built the mosque? It seems to be the earliest Islamic structure in argobba inhabited lands

Will search of somali saints in that area
Might find something

Trending

Latest posts