Somalis in Minnesota praised for being self-sufficient and united

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
Don't you mean our country, Eedo?

Nope i meant YOUR COUNTRY because i wanted u to be targeted!
Bing Bong Agree GIF by Christopher Pindling

CABDULWALI XASAN.

Cabdul's Status CLOSED until further notice.
I think this success is mostly attributed to our somalinimo, knowing immediately who is somali and helping them out in any situation and just sticking together. Even though im young I still see this, We stick together and when one of us finds something good we all share it too each other.

Bazed

Tired.
VIP
Wish Reer UK followed the Steps of Reer Minnesota all that comes out of UK is incels,femcels,Unemployed Guys,Welfare Merchants,Gangs they are literally Low quality unproductive Diaspora.
I don't know why all of the UK is painted with the shit from London. Places like Cardiff were a great hub for Somalis and towns are doing good. It sucks that non London Somalis have to share the bullshit that comes out from there.

Regardless I think the next-generation is doing well, our parents came with nothing and now we're skilled in professions in health, IT and engineering. Time will change things.

I was impressed- with the Somali community opening up the first Islamic banking in USA .

anyone with $10000 can buy a shares with the company.

I have a lot of respect and admiration for our diaspora in America, I think you guys are the best diaspora among us. I wish we somalis in the UK were as united in business, education and government like you all. All we(uk diaspora) have are gender wars, incels and blm Bulls**t

attash

Amaan Duule
I wish we put that same energy of self-sufficiency and unity into Somalia. Instead, we are divided into warring tribal fiefdoms. To be honest, the Somali community is also dysfunctional and divided along clan lines in the diaspora. Somali-headed households had the lowest median income in America and elsewhere. We are neither united nor self-sufficient. I pray for nothing but peace and prosperity for my community.

Irrespective of our geographical location, the Somali community is gripped with poverty, crime, and unemployment. Nouman Ali Khan hasn't had much social interaction with the Somali community. If he did, he would have a different perspective on the Somali community.
Who is "we"?

If MN Somalis are the most successful diaspora its over for us
Our standards are super low. I've been to that state & other nationalities are outperforming Somalis as per usual. For example, The mall that houses many small Somali businesses is owned by a Falastini.

Most of the youth/young Adults are no different to madows in appearance & mentality.

Last edited:
Our standards are super low. I've been to that state & other nationalities are outperforming Somalis as per usual. For example, The mall that houses many small Somali businesses is owned by a Falastini.

Most of the youth/young Adults are no different to madows in appearance & mentality.
Agreed. Our best diaspora is in the gulf I think

Kisame

Plotting world domination
Agreed. Our best diaspora is in the gulf I think
That's because our Bedouin cousins don't mess about when they import foreigners.

Foreigners are for the most part on their best behaviour when in the Khaleej states & forces them to fulfil their potential.

Tbh Gulf somalis are pretty quiet on social media.

I honestly don't know anything about them.

Questions:
How big is Somali community in these Gulf countries???

Since these countries don't provide citizenship to most immigrants how exactly do Somalis stay there for long periods of time?

Are the somalis that go to school in these countries able to find work there or do they usually have to move back to their home countries??

I wish we put that same energy of self-sufficiency and unity into Somalia. Instead, we are divided into warring tribal fiefdoms. To be honest, the Somali community is also dysfunctional and divided along clan lines in the diaspora. Somali-headed households had the lowest median income in America and elsewhere. We are neither united nor self-sufficient. I pray for nothing but peace and prosperity for my community.

Somali Minnesotans have countless millionnaires and businesses. They're part of America's mainstream.

Irrespective of our geographical location, the Somali community is gripped with poverty, crime, and unemployment. Nouman Ali Khan hasn't had much social interaction with the Somali community. If he did, he would have a different perspective on the Somali community.

Again, another dumb generalizing comment with no facts on the ground. Somalis in MN have is very diverse, and you will find them all walks of life in that state. I was surprised when I saw Somali-owned & run banks that even finances homes and other business ventures.

Yaraye

VIP
I've had new somali immigrants tell me that they feel like they are living in a somalia. If they want food, they go to the somali halal store. Clothes, they go to karamel mall/ 24 mall. School, they go to charter somali schools...etc

Trending