Somalis getting cooked for not identifying as black

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
They just mad we don’t want to partake in their laangabnimo. No African identifies as black

IMG_0017.png

Dallas Cowboys Football GIF by ScooterMagruder

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
Why do I see this shit every day. Are people really this obsessed with us :faysalwtf:
Everything about somalis online I always see comments from madows calling us "confused" "self hating" "they're blacks" ect.

There's a whole video with the comment section on this i forgot where but it was mad. Why do they care about the fact we never have and never will see ourselves as them. Somali wa Somali always. Don't care about foriengiers.

Based

VIP
I wonder why it’s always Somalis who are the center of attention when it comes to these topics of “do you identify as black”.
IMG_2486.jpeg

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I wonder why it’s always Somalis who are the center of attention when it comes to these topics of “do you identify as black”. View attachment 292997
Cause western madows are obsessed with making east african black. Personally Idc about it. But these Shisheeye are making it their mission to force somalis to call themselves black even whe09n Somalis are completely different in all ways of life.

Is it insecurity? What drives a group of people to try force another peoples to claim them??

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
Everything about somalis online I always see comments from madows calling us "confused" "self hating" "they're blacks" ect.

There's a whole video with the comment section on this i forgot where but it was mad. Why do they care about the fact we never have and never will see ourselves as them. Somali wa Somali always. Don't care about foriengiers.
The hate stems from their conditioning. Their identity is contingent on what other people call them, particularly the racial majority where they live. While Somalis default to their ethnic identity being much stronger. They fail to understand Somali identity formation and aren't very pleased that Somalis are somewhat insular unlike themselves. Considering they lack parameters for inclusion v.s. exclusion other than skin colour and some ancestral African connection. They would gladly consider a near white passing person with two 'culturally African American' parents madow. They also have higher out-marriage rates than Somalis per capita. That's obvious though. Also, you can't compare Dominicans to Somalis as they are from completely different ethnic extractions, genetic origins, cultures, languages, histories/legacies, values and religions. That's like comparing East Indians to Mexicans.

Three Moons

Give Dhul-Suwayqatayn not an inch of the Sea!
Nothing is funnier than seeing Afro-Saxons and Afro-Franks call us confused when we identify by our own traditional terms. As they go by what the ‘White man’ considers them as, their default is to look for ‘a master’ for us as an explanation as to why we don’t really care about skin-color politics and because Islam is our religion they always bring the random ‘Arab’ into the equation as a red-herring.

They should not be taken serious, as they have no power or influence to change our world view, and more importantly their sudden jump from skin color politics to mocking the Somali civil war in most of these discussions is a good insight into their character.

Trending

Latest posts