Somalis before Samaale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yemenis are quite dark, they're the "original" Arabs. The lighter skinned arabs today are mixed with white or arabized. It is possible some Somalis lived in Yemen in the olden days because of proximity.

Google "original arabs" for more info and such
So are somalis arab or not? I don't really don't believe in all this queen carawelo, irir samaale mythology. It was all made up post independence

Rooble

Suldaanka Gobyare
VIP
So are somalis arab or not? I don't really don't believe in all this queen carawelo, irir samaale mythology. It was all made up post independence
earliest reference i found to irir samaale was 1890 don't say it's post independence

You people don't have a clue about your own history. DNA and the records of the Banaadir Shaykhs have shattered the old myths. Professional archaeological research at Gogoshiis Gabe rock shelter found the earliest domestic animal bones in the country, sheep, from 1500 BC. It's a continuous sequence that includes their pottery during the late Neolithic, so we know these people were the Eyle. They were previously described as Khoisan, but are now described as pre-Cushitic. They defeated the early Cushitic invasions of their lands, by the Jidle and Maadanle, forcing the Maadanle back into Kenya. They later defeated the Ajuraan to maintain possession of their lands. Today Samaales consider them just one more minority assimilated among the Reewin, but they are in fact a remnant of the aboriginal peoples of Somalia. They, and many other small groups, are pre-Cushitic..

You need to start reading history and stop "borrowing" that of others.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buur_Heybe

https://www.academia.edu/2545520/Fi...nternational_Series_2456._Archaeopress_Oxford

The UN believes Samaales make the claims they do in order to target the minorities and their property. Here's a recent analysis with respect to the Eyle:

http://www.refworld.org/docid/568fb2d44.html

I think there are like 6 samaale clans, according to my family both sides say we were a shoot off of other people westwards and my grandmother told me what came before samaale but I can't remember.

I believe though that there were many more clans but they probably merged with bigger samaale clans.

B4 Islam we dress exactly the same way guntino, dress, bangles, the loincloth for men etc

You can see that with the purer Rendille who are a tribe who never accepted Islam and were kicked out.

Some of you people actually need to start reading some books rather than regurgitating what you heard from someone .the rendille were not kicked out because they refused Islam .

according to their oral history ,the rendiile refused to accept the religion of the borana oromos , forcing them to flee from modern day Ethiopia to modern day north Kenya .the gabbra,a Muslim group fled from the boranas,too.the borana,gabbra and rendille all have a similar traditions in their oral histories .rendille are not a samale clan and never were .

the rendille migration to Northern Kenya occurred around 500-600 years .the samale group was already Muslim for a long time before this and residing in a different territory ,so the idea that rendille are some kind of lost proto Pagan Somali clan is a load of nonsense . Rendille are just another ancient Cushitic clan which separated from samales way before the spread of Islam into the region .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending