Somalis before Samaale

Status
Not open for further replies.
What were our people like before Samaale? I heard they primarily worshipped a sky god but it's hard to find info on ancient Somali kings and queens because I'm not really clear on what people called us before Samaale. I've seen Berber (which I find weird) and Land of Punt used but there doesn't seem to be an historical consistentcy.

I want to know the type of clothes we wore, the weapons we used, any written works and how our buildings looked (did Punt build pyramids?).

According to traditions recorded in Shariif 'Aydaruus Shariif 'Ali's Bughyat al-amaal fii taariikh as-Soomaal (1955), the patriarch Samaale arrived in northern Somalia from Yemen during the 9th century and subsequently founded the eponymous Somali ethnic group.

wtf Samaale is arab too? :what1: This can't be true.

I have no idea about the history of Irir Samaale. Can someone give me a summary?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.

I have no idea about the history of Irir Samaale. Can someone give me a summary?

LOL Don't you know most Somali qabils are decedent from Arabs. When you read about the origins of Somali qabils you'll just lol at the stupidity.

LOL Don't you know most Somali qabils are decedent from Arabs. When you read about the origins of Somali qabils you'll just lol at the stupidity.
Most qabils? I knew Darood and Isaaq claimed arab ancestry but now Dir??? Who's left?

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
Most qabils? I knew Darood and Isaaq claimed arab ancestry but now Dir??? Who's left?

Every clan has at least one sub clan that claims arab ancestry. Either way all clans are connected to irir Samaale indicating we're all supposedly decedent from an Arab. It's laughable and pathehtic.

I don't see what's so bad about an Arab being a clan founder. One Arab 30 generations back doesn't mean that we have Arab ancestry. It also doesn't mean that Somalis revered Arabs. These specific men likely had something to offer us like lineage from the prophet. It's possible that some of them aren't even Arab and were retroactively made to be as such due to the weight that lineage carries and the religious legitimacy that it provides (it's funny because that's actually a soft-shirk).

Anyway, I'm more interested in what Somali clans existed before Samaale clans. I heard somewhere that they might have been matriarchal because of the legendary queen Arawelo.

BebsiBolice

Suicidal men adore me.
I don't see what's so bad about an Arab being a clan founder. One Arab 30 generations back doesn't mean that we have Arab ancestry. It also doesn't mean that Somalis revered Arabs. These specific men likely had something to offer us like lineage from the prophet. It's possible that some of them aren't even Arab and were retroactively made to be as such due to the weight that lineage carries and the religious legitimacy that it provides (it's funny because that's actually a soft-shirk).

Anyway, I'm more interested in what Somali clans existed before Samaale clans. I heard somewhere that they might have been matriarchal because of the legendary queen Arawelo.

It is bad. It is very bad. Our daddy is not arab. Gosh it's horrible. If Somalis don't revere arabs what's the need for iri samaale.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
Before Irrir Samaale the people of the Horn were ancient pagan tribes who don't exist anymore. Oromo, Boran, Madanle etc they were conquered and their women were taken.

AceofSom

nx]\\0-9

This is fact, its writtern by some Mj guy on wikipedia. Hes been tampering with wikipedia facts for years, I sent him a msg to stop editing pages about Somalis.

They want to make Irir Samaale arab, because it fits in with their narrative to make everyone arab, so Darood isn't an outsider.

Their are many evidence of pre-Islamic Somali culture.

General overview of early Samaale history:

http://www.workmall.com/wfb2001/som..._their_origins_migrations_and_settlement.html

The non-Samaale Somalis:

https://www.researchgate.net/public...L_PROBLEMS_IN_ETHIOPIA_AND_THE_HORN_OF_AFRICA

The Book of the Zanj:

https://sites.google.com/site/historyofeastafrica/the-book-of-the-zanj

"Sheikh Abu Bakr S. Muhiyiddiin (of the arab clan Al Faqi), Chief Qadi and Ulama in the 1920s. It was he who provided Cerulli with some

rare and precious documents, helping him to reconstruct the history of the Arabs in Banaadir. He was the owner of the The Book of the Zanjis

published by the famous scholar. The ancient documents, originally came from the archives of his grandfather, Mu’allim Mukarram who died

in 1850, and his father S. Muhiyiddiin, well-known as Mufti of Banaadir."

John Michael

Free my girl Jodi!
VIP
I think there are like 6 samaale clans, according to my family both sides say we were a shoot off of other people westwards and my grandmother told me what came before samaale but I can't remember.

I believe though that there were many more clans but they probably merged with bigger samaale clans.

B4 Islam we dress exactly the same way guntino, dress, bangles, the loincloth for men etc

You can see that with the purer Rendille who are a tribe who never accepted Islam and were kicked out.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
The Somali language is old as f*ck, we aren't a recent offshoot of anything

http://aboutworldlanguages.com/cushitic-branch

"Cushitic languages form a branch of the Afro-Asiatic language family. They are spoken in Ethiopia, Eritrea, Somalia, Kenya, and Djibouti — countries located in the Horn of Africa.

HornAfricaMap.jpg
The dominant Cushitic languages, both in terms of number of speakers and geographical extension are Oromo, with about 24 million speakers in Ethiopia and Kenya; Somali, with 12.6 million speakers in Somalia, Ethiopia, and Djibouti; Sidamo with 1.9 million speakers in Ethiopia; Afar with about 1.4 million speakers in Eritrea; and Bedawi with about 1.2 million speakers in Sudan."

There are 47 extant Cushitic languages. Oromo and Samaale are the dominant blocks in the southern division of the eastern Cushitic group. They diverged about the first century AD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts