Somalis as slaves in the Arab slave trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Some Somalis were sold to the Arabs as slaves. Below is a Somali slave women in the gulf of Aden. She is clearly a slave as slave women had to expose their breasts.
aden-sosla17s.jpg

Check out this article http://histclo.com/country/afr/som/hist/som-hist.html

That's not even a Somali that's an Afar woman, their woman don't wear shirts :mjlol:A Somali woman even posing naked wouldn't wear that afar sash across her chest :mjlol:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
That's not even a Somali that's an Afar woman, their woman don't wear shirts :mjlol:A Somali woman even posing naked wouldn't wear that afar sash across her chest :mjlol:

If they want to wear chains like the Ghost of Christmas Past - go right ahead. But please fork over your Somali card.

220px-Jacobmarley.jpg

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
Like I said, slave women were forced to expose their breasts by their masters. al-sahabaa used to make their female slaves to reveal their breasts.

Jodeci

The Realest of All Time
Like I said, slave women were forced to exposed their by their masters. al-sahabaa used to make their female slaves to reveal their breasts.

So a slave somali woman would wear an afar sash across her chest? :reallymaury:sure :umwhat:

why do you want somalis to be slaves so bad, another "We Wuz Arab" tap dancer :whew: " We Wuz Slaves " :williamswtf:

tumblr_mo471wGFxe1rpduwho1_500.gif

stop tap dancing and making these bullshit posts

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
I don't know tbh but the article states the woman is Somali

Who authored the article? It's obviously inaccurate. More importantly, why are you taking it as gospel?:mjlol: The Somali narrative is we are better than everyone else, a conquered people can't have self-esteem that high, I'm afraid.

Nightline Kid

Hippo Crate
You were one of the last people I expected to make such a thread, you honestly came off as one of those prideful Somali supremacist types
:gucciwhat:

EDIT: Oh I see what you’re doing. Pfft
:bell:

Sophisticate

~Gallantly Gadabuursi~
Staff Member
You were one of the last people I expected to make such a thread, you honestly came off as one of those prideful Somali supremacist types
:gucciwhat:

He's experiencing cognitive decline. I'm the one behind the curtain pulling the strings. :browtf: Kind of like the deep state.

The article is contradicting

Slavery
Somalia with its large extensive coast juutting out into the Indian Ocean south of Arabia wasore exposed to Arab influence than any other sub-Saharan African country. It was thus more heavily Arabized than othr African countries. Islamic tradition did not allow Muslims to nslave other Muslims. Thus slaves to wotk coastal plantations had to be brought in from other areas of Africa. Africans captives were transported to the Somali port cities of Merka and Brava where they were forced to work on palm oil plantations along the coast and in the Shabelle River valley. Many of those enslaved were Bantus from northeast Tanzania and Mozambique.

Some Somalis were sold to the Arabs as slaves. Below is a Somali slave women in the gulf of Aden. She is clearly a slave as slave women had to expose their breasts.
aden-sosla17s.jpg

Check out this article http://histclo.com/country/afr/som/hist/som-hist.html

The OP is a troll, but you, you're actually serious. Wallahi it's utterly mind-boggling. You're going out of your way to claim your people were enslaved by dhegocas based on a random pic, this is the lowest I've ever seen a Somali (I shouldn't even us the word to describe you) go.

Hybrid

Death Awaits You
The OP is a troll, but you, you're actually serious. Wallahi it's utterly mind-boggling. You're going out of your way to claim your people were enslaved by dhegocas based on a random pic, this is the lowest I've ever seen a Somali (I shouldn't even us the word to describe you) go.
nvm. I just assumed since Somalis were enslaving Bantus, some hated clans such as the gabooye people could have been sold to the arabs.

Nah you are definitely from the laf of " We Wuz Arab" :mjlol:you guys do the most embarrassing shit.

Also what does "ancient' Egypt" in that unverified post you sourced in post 1 have to do with Arabs? That's two completely different eras
Ancient Egyptians were Semities Arabs are Semities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending