Somalis are really disliked in Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ras

It's all so tiresome
VIP
Move them all into ghettos and expect them to be model citizens.

Story of Geeljire in liberal countries.

The more liberal (Canada etc) the more they want you to fail.

Leila

Wanaag iyo Dhiig kar
Not surprised that refugees from a war torn African Muslim country are disliked. I’m actually surprised the red is only 37 , would have expected it to be 50/60.

Venetian

Civic Nationalist | Horn Unionist
Move them all into ghettos and expect them to be model citizens.

Story of Geeljire in liberal countries.

The more liberal (Canada etc) the more they want you to fail.
People in ghettos make collective choices. Jewish ghettos were successful.

QhmDyex.jpg

And previously I also saw this:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
They hate us cause we take their women :diddyass:

I have a lot of family in Finland, so this is concerning. :jcoleno:
Apollo,Don’t worry nobody is killing your family,i lived Finland almost ten years but the last twenty years i was living in UK,The last time I was Finland was February this year,the finish are unsocial hardworking and quiet peaple,They don’t bother you if you don’t go their places like clubs,they are not friendly also their media doesn’t like foreigners special somalis,They used to wrote bad things in the papers.

Keo

VIP
There are a lot more immigrants including blacks from many SSA countries in Finland today compared to 15 years ago where it was only Somalis. A lot of Somalis that came in the early 90s have left Finland also.

Last edited:

Keo

VIP
They hate us cause we take their women :diddyass:
Yeah they really hate if you get with Finnish women. There has been cases where some faraxs have been attacked by group of racists or even killed just for being with Finnish woman but that was in the 90s so I don't think it's like that anymore.

Mckenzie

We star in movies NASA pay to watch
VIP
There is no way the Swedish are more racist than the Portugese. They literally have a caste system there

Al Muslim

الموت لامريكا الموت لإسرائيل
Imagine being born finnish, I don't care how successful the country is I could never live in that frozen wasteland.
Finland | Picardía | Know Your Meme

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Not surprised that refugees from a war torn African Muslim country are disliked. I’m actually surprised the red is only 37 , would have expected it to be 50/60.
red and yellow are bad, grey is they don’t care. The two greens are good.

red + yellow = 37 + 27 = 64

so 64% have a bad view, 10% don’t care or don’t have an opinion, only 26% see somalis in a good light lol.

So it’s not even 50/50

Hi, new user here from finland

I sometimes lurk around here and just saw this so I had to respond. First I will tell you about the history of somalis here

In my honest opinion Finland is the hardest country in the west that somalis have settled.
There are many reasons why somalis are #1 hated group in Finland. I will listed them below.

Finland did not have sufficient amounts of immigrants or refugees before 80s. This is when small amount vietnamese refugees arrived and they were received well. Government helped and many viewed them somewhat positively. They still experienced huge amount of racism. Somalis first arrived in 1990, my father being in the first groups that arrived here. Somalis came from Soviet Union, now Russia because many somalis were students there and they accepted somali passports ( correct if Im wrong ). Somalis arriving in the 90s were educated and honest people.

What separates the finnish diaspora from others is that somalis were the first major group from subsaharan africa that came to the country and still are. On top of this we are also muslims. Cadaans had never seen a black person before. My dad used to tell that people shit themselves when they saw a somali, little bit exaggcerated but holds some truth. These people had only seen black people in the media. They were ignorant at first but quickly became raging racist

When somalis arrived, the country was experiencing the worst recession that had occured since WW2. Countless people were unemployed and they were looking for a spacegoat. Who else better than these newly arrived dark skinned people and other immigrants. Somalis were porthrayed negatively by media and wider society since day 1. For comparison imagine the negative rep somalis in minnesota have now due to trump. Now increase this by 100x fold and you have the rep that somalis have had here ( shit has improved but not a lot ). Somalis coming here were not poor people and when the cadaans saw us coming in the tv with good clothes on and with confidence, they did not see us as refugees but as leechers. Also in the beginning somalis and other asylum seekers were given a lot new stuff, TVs and other things. It was captured by media and people were enraged by this, the country was suffering from recession and these ”” got themselves new machines, which in turn increased anti-somali sentiments.

What I meant by that Finland was the hardest country settled by somalis is that other diasporas did not need to fight continuesly for survival. Somalis where beaten all the time and my own father has also fought racist many times. Somalis had a lot group fights with racist and skinheads. A lot of somalis were placed in one particular city Joensuu that had a lot racist skinheads that were known countrywide. My father said somalis had multiple fights daily with the skinheads. Police were also racist. My fathers friend was punched in the face in front of a cop and he didn’t do anything. The situation was very unbearable and somalis moved away from there at first opportunity.

Somalis moved in to the capital Helsinki but still experienced a lot of racism. One particular event comes to my mind. In the summer of 1997 somalis were playing football in Kontula, a suburb of the capital. While playing football, 100 skinheads armed with baseball bats, brass knuckles, bicycle chains etc attackted somalis who had lower numbers. Brawl ensued. My father was there but nothing major happened to him. Some of the skinheads were arrested but not all of them. Throughout the 90s and 2000s, somalis fought regularly with skinheads and other racist people. Somalis moved in packs as it was dangerous to be alone. You were guaranteed to get assaulted if skinheads saw you alone.It started to end in 2010s.

The system was also racist and somalis were not employed even though they met the criteria. Researchs have found that somali names have the lowest succes rate when applying for jobs.Somalis did jobs they were accepted i.e being bus drivers (men) and working as cleaners and in daycares(women). Roughly more than half of somalis work here. In particular men work and women stay home. This skewes the employment rate of somalis. Racism and inactivity of somalis due to benefits also affect the employment rate.
Low employment rate increases anti-somali sentiments.

It was also not only older generation that experienced racism. I experienced racism early on. I fought racists throughout my school years and my siblings have too.
I would come to school, called and answer with a punch. Every somali kid, excluding younger generation( from 2002 onwards) has beaten up a racist here, you could not go through school here without being called and other racist remarks.
Somalis were also scattered across the city. There were few areas that had sufficient number of somalis so when the kids went to school they were not alone. Still somalis were vastly outnumbered and only recently have somalis and other ajanabis started to account majority in some schools.

Open racism has died down. I live here in Helsinki and do not worry about being called or other racist remarks. Still I have my eyes open. During ramadan a 18-year old somali boy was murdered by finns. He was going home, waiting for the train when two finns stabbed him to death. AUN to him. My dad recalls that a number of older generation have also died or have near death experiences in the hands of the finns. Due to this a lot of somalis moved away from here after they got their passports. I wager that from somalis that moved to UK, finnish passports holders were the majority when adjusted to the population here from Finland.

Racism nowadays is structural. People with foreign backrounds do not get accepted to universities even though you adjust them relative to the full population. Meaning that somalis and other ajanabis are vastly UNDERREPRESENT even when their population is adjusted to the native population. Im greatful for the education and healthcare, but thats it. I will move away when Im older to a English speaking country

Hope this helps to answer why somalis in particular are hated here in Finland. We were largest visible minority until recently when the number of arabs increased due to the refugee wave. There is still large amount of somalis here, 20 000 to be exact.

Prettymuslim94

A man trying to be successful
Hi, new user here from finland

I sometimes lurk around here and just saw this so I had to respond. First I will tell you about the history of somalis here

In my honest opinion Finland is the hardest country in the west that somalis have settled.
There are many reasons why somalis are #1 hated group in Finland. I will listed them below.

Finland did not have sufficient amounts of immigrants or refugees before 80s. This is when small amount vietnamese refugees arrived and they were received well. Government helped and many viewed them somewhat positively. They still experienced huge amount of racism. Somalis first arrived in 1990, my father being in the first groups that arrived here. Somalis came from Soviet Union, now Russia because many somalis were students there and they accepted somali passports ( correct if Im wrong ). Somalis arriving in the 90s were educated and honest people.

What separates the finnish diaspora from others is that somalis were the first major group from subsaharan africa that came to the country and still are. On top of this we are also muslims. Cadaans had never seen a black person before. My dad used to tell that people shit themselves when they saw a somali, little bit exaggcerated but holds some truth. These people had only seen black people in the media. They were ignorant at first but quickly became raging racist

When somalis arrived, the country was experiencing the worst recession that had occured since WW2. Countless people were unemployed and they were looking for a spacegoat. Who else better than these newly arrived dark skinned people and other immigrants. Somalis were porthrayed negatively by media and wider society since day 1. For comparison imagine the negative rep somalis in minnesota have now due to trump. Now increase this by 100x fold and you have the rep that somalis have had here ( shit has improved but not a lot ). Somalis coming here were not poor people and when the cadaans saw us coming in the tv with good clothes on and with confidence, they did not see us as refugees but as leechers. Also in the beginning somalis and other asylum seekers were given a lot new stuff, TVs and other things. It was captured by media and people were enraged by this, the country was suffering from recession and these ”******s” got themselves new machines, which in turn increased anti-somali sentiments.

What I meant by that Finland was the hardest country settled by somalis is that other diasporas did not need to fight continuesly for survival. Somalis where beaten all the time and my own father has also fought racist many times. Somalis had a lot group fights with racist and skinheads. A lot of somalis were placed in one particular city Joensuu that had a lot racist skinheads that were known countrywide. My father said somalis had multiple fights daily with the skinheads. Police were also racist. My fathers friend was punched in the face in front of a cop and he didn’t do anything. The situation was very unbearable and somalis moved away from there at first opportunity.

Somalis moved in to the capital Helsinki but still experienced a lot of racism. One particular event comes to my mind. In the summer of 1997 somalis were playing football in Kontula, a suburb of the capital. While playing football, 100 skinheads armed with baseball bats, brass knuckles, bicycle chains etc attackted somalis who had lower numbers. Brawl ensued. My father was there but nothing major happened to him. Some of the skinheads were arrested but not all of them. Throughout the 90s and 2000s, somalis fought regularly with skinheads and other racist people. Somalis moved in packs as it was dangerous to be alone. You were guaranteed to get assaulted if skinheads saw you alone.It started to end in 2010s.

The system was also racist and somalis were not employed even though they met the criteria. Researchs have found that somali names have the lowest succes rate when applying for jobs.Somalis did jobs they were accepted i.e being bus drivers (men) and working as cleaners and in daycares(women). Roughly more than half of somalis work here. In particular men work and women stay home. This skewes the employment rate of somalis. Racism and inactivity of somalis due to benefits also affect the employment rate.
Low employment rate increases anti-somali sentiments.

It was also not only older generation that experienced racism. I experienced racism early on. I fought racists throughout my school years and my siblings have too.
I would come to school, called ****** and answer with a punch. Every somali kid, excluding younger generation( from 2002 onwards) has beaten up a racist here, you could not go through school here without being called ****** and other racist remarks.
Somalis were also scattered across the city. There were few areas that had sufficient number of somalis so when the kids went to school they were not alone. Still somalis were vastly outnumbered and only recently have somalis and other ajanabis started to account majority in some schools.

Open racism has died down. I live here in Helsinki and do not worry about being called ****** or other racist remarks. Still I have my eyes open. During ramadan a 18-year old somali boy was murdered by finns. He was going home, waiting for the train when two finns stabbed him to death. AUN to him. My dad recalls that a number of older generation have also died or have near death experiences in the hands of the finns. Due to this a lot of somalis moved away from here after they got their passports. I wager that from somalis that moved to UK, finnish passports holders were the majority when adjusted to the population here from Finland.

Racism nowadays is structural. People with foreign backrounds do not get accepted to universities even though you adjust them relative to the full population. Meaning that somalis and other ajanabis are vastly UNDERREPRESENT even when their population is adjusted to the native population. Im greatful for the education and healthcare, but thats it. I will move away when Im older to a English speaking country

Hope this helps to answer why somalis in particular are hated here in Finland. We were largest visible minority until recently when the number of arabs increased due to the refugee wave. There is still large amount of somalis here, 20 000 to be exact.
Wow that's tragic never knew nordics were that racist.

Last edited:
Finland is not part of Scandinavia, only sweden, denmark, norway and iceland are so scandinavian somali stereotypes don’t work on us. But seriously its only Finland where the natives where this much racist. Other Scandinavian countries have much more immigrants and the countries where more connected to the outside world. Finland is also a country where this a large amount of poor cadaan people oo noolosha kadhacay. They are just like chavs in Uk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending