Somalis Are Not Inventive Society

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis are not naturally gifted to make inventions, their 'learners' they tend to read knowledge once it has been developed, you can observe this from how their language contains foreign words at a higher rate then other communities. Why is this? Can't you understand all you need to do is 'try' and 'test' something and observe the result? You won't even see them endeavouring in simple experimentation, they prefer to wait for another society to do it and then they learn it from a book.

You won't see a single Somali who will do even simple 'research' such as comparisons in their community. Compare rural and city diets, list down common diseases, break it down into 'age groups', gender groups, measure frequencies in each group. Test a family with one diet compared to another diet and report on how they fight off diseases, function at work.

We don't even know measurements of coastal, rural, city differences and who is healthier, intelligent, becuz they have different diets. City folks are pasta, rice, meat diet. Rural folks are mainly meat/milk diet, and coastal is a heavier fish diet. This is 3 different diet sources which should lead to different results if we set up metrics on intelligence, health, innovation.

We need to do 'innovation' test metrics on Somalis and you will see them 'fail' at a higher rate then other communities. For example give them a problem but no 'book' and you will see he can't think for himself which is critical in developing innovation because most inventions begin with no 'book' or anything to 'source' from.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Somalis are not even 'religiously' gifted, they have contributed nothing to Islam understanding of the religion, they just repeat what other scholars say which proves my theory that somalis are learning society not an inventive one, they just need to wait till someone else creates it and they learn then. Proof in this is they didn't even understand the concept of 'life after death' as there is no word in Somali for it which shows it was clearly 'taught' to them because they are LEARNING society.

Do note expect any nobel peace prizes to develop from this nation because that requires you create something that people don't already know which unfortunately a Somali cannot do.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I suspect Somalis didn't even understand 'burials' because there is no word in Somali for it and why you see no traces of burials in Somalia prior to Islam. These people were troglodytes.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
You're wrong saying that we don't need books for inventions...Without mathematical books, we wouldn't even have the West. We need old knowledge and we just develop a new invention from it. The oldies are not a problem, creativity is needed within the Somalis, which the Somali society doesn't prioritize.
Inventions: either we use the old formula and we "improve it" with a new method, or we can just create from scratch another method and formula. It's the same with art, history methods,etc.. As a historian, we learn different methods but at the same, we can use our own but it has to follow the same logic as the old one.

A country with such low literacy and high crime rate and malnutrition, i doubt it people care about inventions. It's the last thing they have in their minds. Imagine you're living in a hell land, you're starving and your clan is filled with low IQ men. Inventions are useless in that situation.

But the diaspora needs to be more creative and some of us create and are successful ;)

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
You're wrong saying that we don't need books for inventions...Without mathematical books, we wouldn't even have the West. We need old knowledge and we just develop a new invention from it. The oldies are not a problem, creativity is needed within the Somalis, which the Somali society doesn't prioritize.
Inventions: either we use the old formula and we "improve it" with a new method, or we can just create from scratch another method and formula. It's the same with art, history methods,etc.. As a historian, we learn different methods but at the same, we can use our own but it has to follow the same logic as the old one.

A country with such low literacy and high crime rate and malnutrition, i doubt it people care about inventions. It's the last thing they have in their minds. Imagine you're living in a hell land, you're starving and your clan is filled with low IQ men. Inventions are useless in that situation.

But the diaspora needs to be more creative and some of us create and are successful ;)

That's fine just don't expect a nobel peace prize in Somalia to ever come without us not able to create innovation or something the world doesn't know already. Which means NO BOOK. Nobel prizes are given to people who add something we don't already know, it then gets converted into a book so yo ur somali ass can be taught which u add to your language as 'loan word' lol.

I love Somalis who are careful to note differences in our society compared to others. If you give a problem to someone else in another society, he can start from scratch and test and try and fail but somalis fear failing which is inevitable in innovative societies, u need to fail. We are not ripe for nobel prizes, we will continue to use loan words in our voculabarly forever is my opinion.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

You must be one of those 'proud somali' types, that's the first sign of ignorance when you cannot critically evaluate the flaws of your society and you defend their ignorance through patriotism. Ok answer me this, why haven't we even contributed to religion since we love to focus on religion right in somalia? we have added nothing in terms of islamic knowledge, u never see a somali scholar referenced in history or today. why is that? becuz we don't INVENT ANYTHING, WE DONT HAVE A CULTURE OF INNOVATION, WE FEAR FAILING AS IT'S AGAINST OUR CULTURE TO FAIL. WE ARE SCARED PEOPLE OF WHAT OTHERS SAY, THIS IS WHY WE ARE IN THE DARK AGES AND JUST LEARNERS FOR LIFE.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
What do u expect from a society that says 'yahoo' when they see something new? of course noone willl attempt to innovate as they will be 'outcasted'. That's why you see them never innovating in the natural world nor in the spiritual world, they don't further our understanding of islam, they just rinse and repeat what others have said in the past which isn't even THEM lol. Wallahi ask a Somali to think of Islam and he can't say anything without referencing someone else so it's obvious as day they are not even religiously gifted.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
There is not a single somali book in the world that is referenced for knowledge, abahina wase. No innovation that is why, they are stuck in a world of learning not creating. To change a society requires the people are criical of that society and you don't even see this in Somalis, they are actually proud. You been in this world for more thousands of years and u got nothing to show for it, abahina wase.

Now their attaching to the new idea in the world of atheism and think their smart, more fuckin troglodytes, their never produce anything new to the people, their just a bunch of leeches on the world.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Okay, fair enough.
What could possibly be the solutions for Somalis and Somalia in general?

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Okay, fair enough.

Answer is simple. We need to bring out a Somali inventor in Somalia that produces something that isn't known, this will cause a rat race as tribes will get jealous another tribe did something that is unknown and works. We need to spark the race of innovation and it starts with ONE PERSON from ONE REGION in Somalia. Not this current Somalia where we are just reading constantly and producing nothing on top of it.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Okay, fair enough.

Let's set a problem challenge for Somalis and hold convention which we will call 'Somali innovative' forum, where Somalis compete for prizes to create something new or answer a problem in their society. For example a problem is our roads, how do we create cheap materials, let them go and create a product that can do this. Another problem could be set a challenge of creating a vaccine to combat our problems in health. It can be anything. The winner gets an award and money prize and is recognized by Somalia. This will create innovative society to be born.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
@4head I really dont care if they read a book or not because innovators can come from anywhere but the point is they have to add something to our society that isn't already known or the world that is the difference, not just read the book and apply it which is ALREADY KNOWN.

For example I could have a stall about 'health' and put it on the table, show them my experiments that I used to create beneficial products that we don't have in Somalia or the World. Where-as you have another stall about camels and how to breed them quicker and heathier or some topic. Then someone else has another stall about about their problem and the solution they used. Imagine the possibilities have holding these innovative fairs in Somalia where all our kids are competing on bettering the society and this will be recognized in the world as high human capital society not just a bunch of book worms who add nothing new.

We just sit there all day talking about the government, it's pathetic. The government is nothing without a high human capital people who are innovative and focus on creating not focus on WATCHING THEM.

We need to separate outserlves from Africa and create human brains and inventors, thats what they lack the most, that is an opportunity and GAP for us to prosper. Rwanda is doing it

Last edited:

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
The biggest thing lacking in the world and worth the most in markets is BRAINS people who create things and add to society. It's not exporting banana or oil which is being done by many countries. It's brains, that's why the west is powering ahead and creating the brains the world depends on. Why dont we do this for our region in africa, make them all dependent on somali brain and inventions. Eventually we will scale from Somalia and to africa and create solutions for their problems.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
Answer is simple. We need to bring out a Somali inventor in Somalia that produces something that isn't known, this will cause a rat race as tribes will get jealous another tribe did something that is unknown and works. We need to spark the race of innovation and it starts with ONE PERSON from ONE REGION in Somalia. Not this current Somalia where we are just reading constantly and producing nothing on top of it.

Competition is always good for the people and its prosperity, indeed. Your point is valid.
I'm willing to "create" something for somalis and i know some youngsters want the best for their country.
I'm okay with creating a space where we can compete to win something.

I have seen a video that takes place in Sudan, where inventors were competing for the prize of the best inventor.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
If we do this over 50 years we will have huge libraries off our own books and knowledge, eventually the world will take notice and reference us in their knowledge books. We will be seen as the brain of africa the most expensive commodity, we can charge out 1 somali for millions of dollars to support african countries in their problems because they lack brains.

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
The biggest thing lacking in the world and worth the most in markets is BRAINS people who create things and add to society. It's not exporting banana or oil which is being done by many countries. It's brains, that's why the west is powering ahead and creating the brains the world depends on. Why dont we do this for our region in africa, make them all dependent on somali brain and inventions. Eventually we will scale from Somalia and to africa and create solutions for their problems.

We need this kind of people in Africa.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
Like the Israeli drip system, they saw a problem 'no water' or shortage of water, solution they added holes into a long hose system, it is so simple but effective and solved their problem. We need to do the same thing in Somalia identify our problems, and create solutions

4head

The one and only 4head
VIP
I used to make stuff, electric cars and so on in school (when i was younger). I miss those times!

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
I used to make stuff, electric cars and so on in school (when i was younger). I miss those times!

Why u think western countries are so productive and rich? it's not their government, it's their people who are innovative, their government BENEFIT from that, if their people were like ours, they would be very poor just like us. So we need to stop focusing on the government to better us, we the people need to better ourselves.

They literally got millions of ppl in the western countries doing multiple things at the same time. Some are studying, some are working, some are in hospitals, some are in army, some are in technology, all at the same time of course they will boom and the govt will reap off this.

Trending

Latest posts