Somalis and Horses

Oromos are probably the only ethiopians that still take care of their horses they did a study the only horses with good conformity were Oromo and Somali

Yea their average height is about the same. 4'4 to 4'10. Old records talk about them being small
War ninyahow, you and @awsaleban667 are doing a great job on this thread mashaAllah. Keep it up.

Where are the Oromo horses? Can you link them.
1707621474122.png
They did a study on the horse of ethiopia and the only ones with good confirmation were either Oromo or the Galbeed breed. Habashis ruined their horses for some reason. Theyre just bigger donkeys to them
1707621402531.png

1707621435745.png

Terrible morphology on average

Very poor posture. Seems malnourished to be honest.
Yea but even if they were fed well their posture is because of their terrible bone structure from the breeding and lifestyle with weak back legs and a roach back. Even some oromos ruined their horses like the most of the horses of Bale. Check out this picture. Somali horses are still very good usually at least from what ive seen but they need to stop breedings the few ive seen with overly long and weak backs and for some reason a lot of them either have a short thick ass neck or one thats too skinny lol.

1707622682433.png

Yea but even if they were fed well their posture is because of their terrible bone structure from the breeding and lifestyle with weak back legs and a roach back. Even some oromos ruined their horses like the most of the horses of Bale. Check out this picture. Somali horses are still very good usually at least from what ive seen but they need to stop breedings the few ive seen with overly long and weak backs and for some reason a lot of them either have a short thick ass neck or one thats too skinny lol.

View attachment 315396
How are the horses from Dayniile Mogadishu? This one below is called Hilaac. He is said to be the fastest in Banaadir.

Their necks are on the shorter thicker side as well but not extreme like the one i showed. Its good but imo their backs are a bit weaker and longer than I'd like. Theyre good tho dont get me wrong. Theres no doubt in my mind that the horses of Nugaal are better on average look at these ones. Also, i noticed that Somali horses tend to have smaller thighs but idk how much of it is genetic and how much is from lifestyle

Check these horses

Last edited:
The Kundudo feral pack from east Haraghe were left there during the 16th century holy wars. I see they included them in the study. They have short backs apparently

Not sure whete this is i think its dayniile but yea these horses are great but you can see the back of the black horse is slightly too long imo and over time when it gets older its probably gonna start swaying. The Brown horse that starts flying is amazing.

Yeah that’s Dayniile. 90% of the videos with horses on TikTok are from Dayniile.