Somalis and Body Hair

Hamzza

VIP
In an examination done to 148 Somali Males, Females and children, body hair was found to be sparse in both adult sexes and none existent in juveniles. it is never abundant in women, while in men there is a small percentage (1.6%) of hairy individuals.
46.jpg

Men have mostly sparse beard and mustache (56.6%), often missing (37.7%), rarely thick (7.7%). Examination of the correlation between the hairiness of the body and the abundance of beards and mustaches clearly shows, as was to be expected, that thick beards and mustaches never occur in hairless individuals and that very hairy individuals instead have thick beards and moustaches. Sparse hairiness correlates more frequently with sparse beard and mustache, more rarely with thick beard and mustache, while it is quite common in individuals with missing beard and mustache.
47.jpg

As for the breakdown of the clans of the 148 examined Somalis, this was the result:

Sparse hairiness prevails in all clans, it is constant in Dir and Digil. The Hawiya have the maximum frequency of missing hairiness, while the abundant hairiness is represented, and very scarcely, only among the Rahanweyn.
48.jpg

In all groups sparse beards and mustaches prevail, however, the Dir have the greater frequency of thick beards and moustaches, while the Darods have more often a missing beard and moustache; the Dighil lack a thick moustache.

The correlation between the hairiness of the body and the abundance of beard and mustache shows that the Hawiya have the greatest frequency of hairless individuals, that only in the Rahanweyn appears a small percentage of hairy individuals and sparse hairiness is more often correlated with a beard and sparse mustache (especially in Dir), more rarely with thick beard and mustache.
49.jpg

Garaad diinle

 
Hmm the small body hair of somalis might be related to the hot climate of the somali peninsula and the long tradition of pastoralism among somalis. I'd like to see a study on peninsula arabs in the badiya, they probably have similar results.

In my family me and my dad are extremely hairy back and chest hair but I can only grow a full mustache and a patchy beard my dad has a straight. up Indian beard with my hairless brother being the same.

Hamzza

VIP
Hmm the small body hair of somalis might be related to the hot climate of the somali peninsula and the long tradition of pastoralism among somalis. I'd like to see a study on peninsula arabs in the badiya, they probably have similar results.
From what I know Arabs are extremely hairy. I will try to find the results of the Bajunis and the Benadiris, though I doubt they are Arabs, as DNA tests have shown them to have substantial Soth Asian ancestry.

Garaad diinle

 
From what I know Arabs are extremely hairy. I will try to find the results of the Bajunis and the Benadiris, though I doubt they are Arabs, as DNA tests have shown them to have substantial Soth Asian ancestry.
A simple search on the internet you'd find a number of yemenis with very small chest and facial hair so it's not unheard of. We simply don't know how many of them there are. I mean just look at images of the al-saud family most of the ruling lineage don't have a full beard. Here is a couple of images of yemenis with small body hair.

hKNGw98.jpg
gZ4wXkj.jpg

H5oNyln.jpg
a8xMFJO.jpg
3NABV4B.jpg

B0tBcAq.png
DVZFWX0.jpg
mgd5YZD.jpg
qyIS7cL.jpg

lhKW2n6.jpg

Last edited:
A simple search on the internet you'd find a number of yemenis with very small chest and facial hair so it's not unheard of. We simply don't know how many of them there are. I mean just look at images of the al-saud family most of the ruling lineage don't have a full beard. Here is a couple of images of yemenis with small body hair.

hKNGw98.jpg
gZ4wXkj.jpg

H5oNyln.jpg
a8xMFJO.jpg
3NABV4B.jpg

B0tBcAq.png
DVZFWX0.jpg
mgd5YZD.jpg
qyIS7cL.jpg

lhKW2n6.jpg
Most khaleejis are not that hairy unless you go to like Iraq, Kuwait and Baharain I believe its due to more Persian and Indian admixture

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP
I literally can't grow body hair beyond a little bit on my legs. No chest hair, barley any armpit.
My male family doesn't have much body hair aswell aside from massive beards.

Cartan Boos

Average SSC Patriot
VIP
Reewin especially geledi have dhegecas blood, it checks out daroods have more thick mustaches as most majestic mustaches are found amongst mj

i have leg hair , chest hair , belly hair (not much since mainly coming from my nether) , a growing beard and moustache , armpit hair and arm hair i even have a slight unibrow 😭

Hamzza

VIP

hKNGw98.jpg
gZ4wXkj.jpg

H5oNyln.jpg
a8xMFJO.jpg
3NABV4B.jpg

B0tBcAq.png
DVZFWX0.jpg
mgd5YZD.jpg
qyIS7cL.jpg

lhKW2n6.jpg
Waa runtaa. Arabs of Yemen are similar to us with only Hadramis having abundant body hair though they still can't grow thick beard.
51.jpg
52.jpg

Trending