Somalilander tells it like it is. Hardly any progress after siyad bare

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
We have already established that Garacad is a small project. You can not claim its the largest Somali project and then use a rusting old leased concrete mixer that can be bought new for $20,000 as evidence. You will get laughed at.

Other than the $20,000 concrete mixer, what other equipment is being used? How many construction personnel?

Its easy to claim an imaginary $200 million project when your president actually travelled to Djibouti to request a small tugboat for the main port in your region.
Your attempt to reduce a $180 million port project to an image of a single machine is pathetic. I suggest you read this thread to educate yourself on this topic because you are way out of your depth.
Its sad that this is all you have to show. But I will oblige.

How many flights do these "airports" get a week? Do you know?

According to Flightradar24:

- Bosaso Airport has a single flight scheduled to be arriving from Muqdisho, on the Sunday 11th, until then it has zero activity:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.36.00.png

- Garowe Airport is a little better, with four flights scheduled on Saturday and Sunday:
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.37.38.png

- Gaalkayo has one flight scheduled on Saturday:
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.40.23.png

Lets compare all three to Hargeisa.

Hargeisa has had ten flights arriving over the same period, nine if you exclude cancelled Air Arabia flight:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.42.26.png

Airports are not simply a tower and a runway, if it was that easy then Somalis would have had hundreds of airports. Airports require established routes, staffing, logistics, and a population base to sustain business. This is why all your so called airports are dead.

The number of airports is meaningless if they receive a flight or two a week.
That doesn't change the fact that we have three international airports and you only have one. You're moving the goalposts by trying to change the debate to which airports have more flights. This was your original question.
Puntland has been a state since 1998, what large-scale projects have you achieved?
And now you know the answer. We don't need 12 hour car rides through territories rife with clan warfare to reach one of our major cities.

Puntland is objectively more developed than Somaliland. This is why we outclass you in most socioeconomic indicators.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
Its most certainly a small project, I have explained why; the level of operation is no where near your claimed figure.

This discussion was a thinly-veiled attempt to attack Somaliland's progress. You attempted to inject PL as a comparison. Now, Somaliland's progress has ways to go, but it is quite obvious that its in a different league to PL.

I have showcased burgeoning manufacturing industry in Somaliland. You have already accepted that Puntland does not have the equivalent manufacturing, agricultural or logistical base.

I believe the discussion is over.

Both Somaliland and puntland are shithole dumps. Knock it off already..

Your attempt to reduce a $180 million port project to an image of a single machine is pathetic. I suggest you read this thread to educate yourself on this topic because you are way out of your depth.

I have looked at that thread, and the equipment there, the scale of operations does not add up to $1 million let alone $180 million. We can cost each individual item in the photos if that will help drive the point.

This is what a $200 million development in which a port is being constructed from scratch looks like:

An-aerial-view-of-the-RoRo-site.gif

Here is what $101 million port upgrade looks like:

Eebc6RNWsAI4PIZ.jpg

Eg97f1eXsAALeVS 14.37.16.jpg

Meanwhile your "$180 million" project:

118518845_1799993126815831_8567776845806033594_n 15.25.47.jpg

I will give you the opportunity to share with us where the money went, because so far, its very clear that the scale of the project is very limited. Instead of repeating a number you heard being pulled out of thin air, show everyone here this mythical $180 million project.

That doesn't change the fact that we have three international airports and you only have one. You're moving the goalposts by trying to change the debate to which airports have more flights. This was your original question.

I repeat my question, what good is an airport that is shut 6 days of the week and receives a single flight on the day its open?

I am not moving any goal posts, I am challenging you to compare real world activity, you on the other hand seem content with an airstrip and a tower building. This is akin to arguing that a few fishing jetties would be better to have than world-class ports like Berbera or Djibouti.

Puntland is objectively more developed than Somaliland.

You and I both know it isn't.

Here is a simple challenge:

How about you show us all of Puntland's manufacturing and agricultural developments and we can compare it to a single region in Somaliland?

You will not accept it because you know you will be embarrassed.

Trending

Latest posts