Somalilander tells it like it is. Hardly any progress after siyad bare

This is the deep sea port being build in Nigeria it is a 600 million dollar project, double the amount of the extension of Berbera.

"The fact that its a brand new port being constructed from scratch actually means that there should be a lot more work done than a straightforward expansion."

:russ:

This makes my point for me. When constructing a port from scratch, the scale of activity is obviously more pronounced than an upgrade. There is no way a sane person can compare the Nigerian Lekki project to Garacad. This is what the Nigerian project looks like:

RIqdiyC.jpg

UtWcsKA.jpg

ZADGgIw.jpg

lj3vFlg.jpg

Meanwhile Garacad:

118518845_1799993126815831_8567776845806033594_n 15.25.47.jpg

In what world are they alike?

There is no need to embarrass yourself any further, lets end it here.

Projects counts when it finish not in First phase or Second. Garcaad port didnt finish Phase one and you still saying its small project!!!.

Project need 4 to 5 years to finalized than we can compare it.

But Im surprise on how you making faan of on outsider money and projects in your land. It just prove my stand that you guys didnt build nothing from your money, only borrow and loans by outsider money.You just saying to me I have USA military to secure my country but you faan to the world I have power to defend my country. Those two things doesn't match.

Build your home by your money than show off to others about it.

Even when a project is unfinished, you can observe the scale of work being done. Garcad is clearly not a $180 million project.

I have explained to you that all the projects I showcased were funded by Somaliland capital except for Berbera. But even if all were funded by international money, foreign direct investment is an important lever that most developed and developing states use for large-scale projects, the fact that Puntland is struggling to get any access to FDI is a massive red flag, and shows how fragile your economy is.

There was no need for you to make a comparison between Somaliland and Puntland, specially when you are fully aware of the gulf of difference between the two.

I wish Garcad port all the best, Somali development anywhere is a good thing.

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
This makes my point for me. When constructing a port from scratch, the scale of activity is obviously more pronounced than an upgrade. There is no way a sane person can compare the Nigerian Lekki project to Garacad. This is what the Nigerian project looks like:

View attachment 145672

View attachment 145673

View attachment 145674

View attachment 145675

Meanwhile Garacad:

View attachment 145676

In what world are they alike?

There is no need to embarrass yourself any further, lets end it here.
I love how he thinks I'm the one embarrassing myself when you are parading a port owned by UAE (51%), Ethiopia (19%) in which Somaliland are the minority owner at 30%.

You willfully ignored how the Nigerian port looked in the beginning. You are comparing ports at different stages, if Garacad looks like that in 5 years time then you have a valid point.

I know it burns you to see Puntland's progress.

:umad:

118645841_1799993160149161_8757215359744326875_n.jpg
uMvqcXm.jpg

repo

VIP
Its most certainly a small project, I have explained why; the level of operation is no where near your claimed figure.

This discussion was a thinly-veiled attempt to attack Somaliland's progress. You attempted to inject PL as a comparison. Now, Somaliland's progress has ways to go, but it is quite obvious that its in a different league to PL.

I have showcased burgeoning manufacturing industry in Somaliland. You have already accepted that Puntland does not have the equivalent manufacturing, agricultural or logistical base.

I believe the discussion is over.
You showed a soda factory and a flour mill that depends on 800 hectares of dryland farms. Given Somaliland's reoccurring droughts including the one in 2017 where it lost 80% of its livestock it's safe to say they will probably use that facility to import.

This is an example of a business that creates manufacturing jobs for export.

Reborn
You do realise there are ports across the world and even in Europe like the Rotterdam port that is privatised.So SL giving shares is normal business practise...

I love how he thinks I'm the one embarrassing myself when you are parading a port owned by UAE (51%), Ethiopia (19%) in which Somaliland are the minority owner at 30%.

You willfully ignored how the Nigerian port looked in the beginning. You are comparing ports at different stages, if Garacad looks like that in 5 years time then you have a valid point.

I know it burns you to see Puntland's progress.

View attachment 145678

You do not understand how ports work.

Berbera port is 100% owned by Somaliland. What is being shared is the revenue, managed by DP World. I thought this was obvious, but perhaps its this backward thinking that is stopping Puntland getting much international investment.

In the case of Somaliland DP World owns 51% of the company that manages the port. In the case of Egypt, DP World owns a staggering 90% of Sokhna Port:

business_pic.jpg

200713030318ILVL.jpg

The governments of both Somaliland and Egypt (and the many other states who partnered with DP World and other port operators) stand to gain so much from the investment, be it in synergies and efficiencies resultant from being part of a huge network of ports, or in the increase in revenue and taxation in their ports.

About the photos you posted:

uMvqcXm.jpg

I hate to be that guy. But this is a photograph of 4 SUVs and a cheap Chinese concrete mixer.

It probably looks expensive to you, but anyone can buy that plant for $20k from Alibaba:
Link
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 18.05.40.png

Since you claim Garacad is $180 million, do tell us where the remaining $179,980,000 are.

repo

VIP
You do realise there are ports across the world and even in Europe like the Rotterdam port that is privatised.So SL giving shares is normal business practise...
The difference is the Dutch built Rotterdam and it's fully Dutch owned, they can take pride in that but unlike Somalilanders and their single port they probably won't be.

:ohlord:

repo

VIP
You do not understand how ports work.

Berbera port is 100% owned by Somaliland. What is being shared is the revenue, managed by DP World. I thought this was obvious, but perhaps its this backward thinking that is stopping Puntland getting much international investment.

In the case of Somaliland DP World owns 51% of the company that manages the port. In the case of Egypt, DP World owns a staggering 90% of Sokhna Port:

View attachment 145681

View attachment 145682

The governments of both Somaliland and Egypt (and the many other states who partnered with DP World and other port operators) stand to gain so much from the investment, be it in synergies and efficiencies resultant from being part of a huge network of ports, or in the increase in revenue and taxation in their ports.

About the photos you posted:

View attachment 145679

I hate to be that guy. But this is a photograph of 4 SUVs and a cheap Chinese concrete mixer.

It probably looks expensive to you, but anyone can buy that plant for $20k from Alibaba:
Link
View attachment 145683

Since you claim Garacad is $180 million, do tell us where the remaining $179,980,000 are.
You subtracted 20k from a project involving hundreds of workers, engineers spanning multiple years and thought that was a gotcha moment?

An F35 costs 100 million, I wonder if I can figure out the rest of the US military budget from that.

:mjkkk:

You want to get into semantics? Alright. Berbera was expanded by the UAE and is managed by a company that Somaliland has a minority share of 30% in. You did not built it.

You subtracted 20k from a project involving hundreds of workers, engineers spanning multiple years and thought that was a gotcha moment?

An F35 costs 100 million, I wonder if I can figure out the rest of the US military budget from that.

:mjkkk:

You want to get into semantics? Alright. Berbera was expanded by the UAE and is managed by a company that Somaliland has a minority share of 30% in. You did not built it.

You saw a concrete mixer and actually thought of bragging about a $20,000 piece of equipment (the one in your photograph is clearly an old battered model leased for this project, so costs much less in reality).

This was not a gotcha moment, it was a teachable moment.

repo

VIP
You saw a concrete mixer and actually thought of bragging about a $20,000 piece of equipment (the one in your photograph is clearly an old battered model leased for this project, so costs much less in reality).

This was not a gotcha moment, it was a teachable moment.
You were able to accurately estimate the total cost of a project by looking at its initial work. I must say this is a gift entirely by itself. I'll disregard the fact that you ignored the comparison to the Nigerian port when they were in a similar stage.

The difference here is, we built it. You never did so the fact that you brag about a project created by someone else, owned by someone else for at least 30 years shows us the level you are at.

:kanyeshrug:

LMAO this whole garacad thing is fake. Before building a new port they would have made bosaso a container port. Who owns the shares of the port? Supposedly that would mean puntland business men own the shares if they coughed up the money? Who will fund the roads connecting the port to Ethiopia and the hinterland of puntland and galmudug which is the supposed clientle. Who would build the actual town and the supporting infrastructure that the town needs?

Remember when the ship caught on fire in bosaso and they made a pier made out of sand to recover some of the stuff kkkk. This is the same thing. The only reason theyโ€™re doing this is so they can make a compromise with the FSG to get the hobyo port scrapped and to get bosaso built. They will say we will join galmudug. Hawiye are generally stupid and will probs accept it. They will later claim it as there port and it will be worse than galkacyo. Expect a pogrom.

Reborn
The difference is the Dutch built Rotterdam and it's fully Dutch owned, they can take pride in that but unlike Somalilanders and their single port they probably won't be.

:ohlord:

Just search DP world ports and they ports from first world countries to third world all with similar agreements to SL deal.

Attachments

• IMG_20201009_220530.jpg
    IMG_20201009_220530.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 59

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
In this thread: Somalilanders compare Garacad to flour and soda factories
:dead1:
Garacad port is the largest fully Somali funded and owned infrastructure project in the entire country. The port is being built from scratch and its current state cannot be compared to an actually finished port like Berbera that is currently undergoing upgrades.
By Garcad do you mean this?

118518845_1799993126815831_8567776845806033594_n.jpg

There appears to be only a handful of equipment at the site, this is not a large project.
Who told you that Garacad port was finished? One photo of the incomplete road and breakwater only tell you that it's still under construction. Furthermore, the actual scope of the project is much larger than what can be seen in this image.
This will be Puntland's second sea port and the deepest port in the country. Your jealousy fueled propaganda won't change any of that.
Puntland has been a state since 1998, what large-scale projects have you achieved?
Bosaso Airport, Garowe Airport, Gaalkacyo Airport, etc. How many airports do you have in your triangle?
:ohreally:

Garacad port is the largest fully Somali funded and owned infrastructure project in the entire country. The port is being built from scratch and its current state cannot be compared to an actually finished port like Berbera that is currently undergoing upgrades.

Who told you that Garacad port was finished? One photo of the incomplete road and breakwater only tell you that it's still under construction. Furthermore, the actual scope of the project is much larger than what can be seen in this image.

We have already established that Garacad is a small project. You can not claim its the largest Somali project and then use a rusting old leased concrete mixer that can be bought new for $20,000 as evidence. You will get laughed at.

Other than the $20,000 concrete mixer, what other equipment is being used? How many construction personnel?

Its easy to claim an imaginary $200 million project when your president actually travelled to Djibouti to request a small tugboat for the main port in your region.

Bosaso Airport, Garowe Airport, Gaalkacyo Airport, etc. How many airports do you have in your triangle?

Its sad that this is all you have to show. But I will oblige.

How many flights do these "airports" get a week? Do you know?

According to Flightradar24:

- Bosaso Airport has a single flight scheduled to be arriving from Muqdisho, on the Sunday 11th, until then it has zero activity:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.36.00.png

- Garowe Airport is a little better, with four flights scheduled on Saturday and Sunday:
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.37.38.png

- Gaalkayo has one flight scheduled on Saturday:
Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.40.23.png

Lets compare all three to Hargeisa.

Hargeisa has had ten flights arriving over the same period, nine if you exclude cancelled Air Arabia flight:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 22.42.26.png

Airports are not simply a tower and a runway, if it was that easy then Somalis would have had hundreds of airports. Airports require established routes, staffing, logistics, and a population base to sustain business. This is why all your so called airports are dead.

The number of airports is meaningless if they receive a flight or two a week.

repo

VIP

This will be Puntland's second sea port and the deepest port in the country. Your jealousy fueled propaganda won't change any of that.

:ohreally:
He's denying reality at this point, Deni went to Djibouti for a dredging boat so Garacad must be fake. Given that Somaliland has only has 1 port and 1 airport, it's hard for him to understand having multiple projects or even the notion of multi-tasking.

But then again you are dealing with a character that showed empty silos and a soda factory in a place that has 75% unemployment as evidence of a growing manufacturing industry.

:drakekidding:

repo

VIP
We have already established that Garacad is a small project. You can not claim its the largest Somali project and then use a rusting old leased concrete mixer that can be bought new for $20,000 as evidence. You will get laughed at.

Other than the $20,000 concrete mixer, what other equipment is being used? How many construction personnel?

Its easy to claim an imaginary $200 million project when your president actually travelled to Djibouti to request a small tugboat for the main port in your region.

Its sad that this is all you have to show. But I will oblige.

How many flights do these "airports" get a week? Do you know?

According to Flightradar24:

- Bosaso Airport has a single flight scheduled to be arriving from Muqdisho, on the Sunday 11th, until then it has zero activity:

View attachment 145709

- Garowe Airport is a little better, with four flights scheduled on Saturday and Sunday:
View attachment 145710

- Gaalkayo has one flight scheduled on Saturday:
View attachment 145711

Lets compare all three to Hargeisa.

Hargeisa has had ten flights arriving over the same period, nine if you exclude cancelled Air Arabia flight:

View attachment 145712

Airports are not simply a tower and a runway, if it was that easy then Somalis would have had hundreds of airports. Airports require established routes, staffing, logistics, and a population base to sustain business. This is why all your so called airports are dead.

The number of airports is meaningless if they receive a flight or two a week.
They are functioning and receive international flights that meet their demand. The distance from Hargeisa to your Ceerigaabo is a 12 hour journey by dirt road. If getting an airport was easy, you would have done it a long time ago.

They are functioning and receive international flights that meet their demand. The distance from Hargeisa to your Ceerigaabo is a 12 hour journey by dirt road. If getting an airport was easy, you would have done it a long time ago.

What use is an airport that is closed all week and only opens to receive a single flight, just to close doors again as soon as passengers leave the building?

Instead of arguing for the sake of arguing, stop and think of what you post.

repo

VIP
What use is an airport that is closed all week and only opens to receive a single flight, just to close doors again as soon as passengers leave the building?

Instead of arguing for the sake of arguing, stop and think of what you post.
The answer is pretty straightforward Iโ€™m sure you will arrive at the right conclusion on that 12 hour off-road from Hargeisa to Ceerigaabo, experience might be the key for you to understand.

:russ:

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
This thread is jokes lol imagine comparing a shithole to another shithole with OP (from another shithole) trying to point score.

Lol these bozos over arguing about qashin blah blah blah somaliland/puntland theyโ€™re both shithole dumps tbh. Get a life.

Trending

Latest posts