Somaliland should change it's name to North Somalia

as much as I hate somalianland you are correct.

Calling themselves north Somalia would be a much smarter approach and overall name.

I mean Somaliland and Somalia both basically are the same name except one is english derived and the other is italian derived.

Also the name “somalilander” just irks me. Who in their right mind would say “I am a somalilander” and not cringe. Has anyone heard of a nationality that ends with er? like wtf.

At least with North Somalia they can still call themselves Somali just like how North Macedonia just call themselves Macedonian.
I agree Somalilander sounds horrible, it's like you'd something you'd name some villagers in Lichtenstein.
I prefer the republic of Shankaroon, shankarooni or shankaroonian.
Now that sounds more native.:whoo:

Shankaroon :lolbron:
Dont know if your aware of this but the name was considered as a name for the country.

At the Grand conference in Burao held in 1991 many names for the country were suggested, including Puntland, in reference to Somaliland's location in the ancient Land of Punt and which is now the name of the Puntland state in neighbouring Somalia, and Shankaroon, meaning "better than five" in Somali, in reference to the five regions of Greater Somalia.[

That name would have been used as banter itself, Missed opportunity :silanyosmile:

Lets be honest with ourselves and just do it. Lets say the South can join us once they have peace. Tbh saying the North Somali government makes more sense than saying a Somalilander or Somalilander government. It's shameful that we resort to calling the South Somali government the Somalia government which sounds wrong...
Somal-ia is a latin Suffix that means Land of Somalis similar to Somali-land which is a Germanic Suffix.

Btw when Somaliland and Somalia united in 1960 the official name of the country should have been Somali Republic

Dont know if your aware of this but the name was considered as a name for the country.

At the Grand conference in Burao held in 1991 many names for the country were suggested, including Puntland, in reference to Somaliland's location in the ancient Land of Punt and which is now the name of the Puntland state in neighbouring Somalia, and Shankaroon, meaning "better than five" in Somali, in reference to the five regions of Greater Somalia.[

That name would have been used as banter itself, Missed opportunity :silanyosmile:
And Reer Majeertanya copied us and called themselves one of the purposed names in Burco conference Puntland instead of coming up with genuine name of their so called autonomous state :francis:

as much as I hate somalianland you are correct.

Calling themselves north Somalia would be a much smarter approach and overall name.

I mean Somaliland and Somalia both basically are the same name except one is english derived and the other is italian derived.

Also the name “somalilander” just irks me. Who in their right mind would say “I am a somalilander” and not cringe. Has anyone heard of a nationality that ends with er? like wtf.

At least with North Somalia they can still call themselves Somali just like how North Macedonia just call themselves Macedonian.
Actual Macedonia is in Greece where the ancient kingdom was located at that so called North Macedonia is actually a stolen identity when Tito named that strip of land inhabitanted by Bulgarian speakers Macedonia in hopes of getting the Greek one so Yugoslavia has access in Aegean sea

Actual Macedonia is in Greece where the ancient kingdom was located at that so called North Macedonia is actually a stolen identity when Tito named that strip of land inhabitanted by Bulgarian speakers Macedonia in hopes of getting the Greek one so Yugoslavia has access in Aegean sea

It was recently that Greece and North Macedonia settled the naming dispute with the agreement that they can call themselves Republic of North Macedonia.

Before that the official name was Former Yugoslav Republic Of Macedonia

Speaking of copy cats :dead:
Puntland everytime Somaliland does something.
1632768209451.png

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
More like North West Somalia.

dude totally…..so effing cringe…when I see a random YouTube comment “ ❤️ from Somaliland” I’m wtf….these people have no senses at all.

they are obsessed with maintaining their colonial heritage, they don’t even wanna change the name.

“Somalilander” 😂
Khat has fried the brain cells/neurons

I think Somaliland should keep it's name as Somaliland to represent the Somali ethnic group. Somaliland means the land of Somalis. It's the first Somali Country and Somalis originated from Somaliland. I would advised Somalia to change it's name to Bantuland as it's more appropriate.
Once Somaliland is officially recognized there will be a debate whether Somalia is a Somali country or Not just like Djibouti.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
I think Somaliland should keep it's name as Somaliland to represent the Somali ethnic group. Somaliland means the land of Somalis. It's the first Somali Country and Somalis originated from Somaliland. I would advised Somalia to change it's name to Bantuland as it's more appropriate.
Once Somaliland is officially recognized there will be a debate whether Somalia is a Somali country or Not just like Djibouti.
How about Oromo land?

How about Oromo land?
There are about 10,000 Oromos in Somaliland that can be deported at any moment back to their country. On the other had Non Somalis would make up 27-30% of Somalia's overall population when Somaliland is out of the equation. Can you deport Benadiri, Bravanese, Bantus? I don't So.

Afro Asiatic

Afrocanada
There are about 10,000 Oromos in Somaliland that can be deported at any moment back to their country. On the other had Non Somalis would make up 27-30% of Somalia's overall population when Somaliland is out of the equation. Can you deport Benadiri, Bravanese, Bantus? I don't So.
British reject Donkey, bravaneese are native to Somali and are part of the National fabric , you in the other hand are have been important Oromos by the thousands, to inflate your numbers, many have even taken part in your intra-cousin sham “elections” with the vast majority voting kulmiye.
Hows the trash hargeysa garbage cleaning campaign going introduced by your new shitty mayor

Trending

Latest posts