Somaliland President Muse Bihi meet with US Officials in Hargeisa

Reborn
About Djibouti alternative but also UAE were getting close to China so they probably didn’t want that base to be out of their control if I had to guess.

You see this is bigger than Somalia and Somaliland.
Let's see this development in the coming year ☝

bidenkulaha

GalYare
You see this is bigger than Somalia and Somaliland.
Let's see this development in the coming year ☝
Yep I’m not under the impression America is doing either SL or Somalia a favour. A lot is dependent on China and their root into Somalia. If we get close to China y’all are getting your recognition very quickly lol.

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
Context

Momentum is shifting and interests are aligning. This is the first step toward defence and security partnership & cooperation between U.S. and the Republic of Somaliland.
All that twerking only to be called a federal member state, accept it, the US is the last country to go to for talks of secession
:damn: :dead:

Last edited:

Bernie Madoff

Afhayeenka SL
VIP
It’s a wrap for bixi he ain’t winning the next election heck I don’t think he’s even gonna get the two year extension. Our best hope is that Somalia’s next president is pro China.

impeachment talks are making rounds already and i don’t see a problem with it

Dharbash

🧊
MARQUESS OF SSC
The idoors on twitter are not too happy about this

They’re trying to impeach Muse Bixi :damn:

Treason? Against a regional state of Somalia? :jcoleno:

El Nino

Cabsi cabsi
VIP
Inshallah America doesn’t build a base in Somalia again, having a base means the entire nation is subjected permanently for american interests, say goodbye to independence.

They basically opted for the canonization of Somalia and confirmed their goal of bypassing the central government. This is divide and conquer. This is definitely not good for Somalia.

As for Somaliland, not sure how people are reading but this helps Somaliland's separate status. The Americans may be paying lip service to "One Somalia Policy", but it is definitely a policy shift. To keep Chinese influence out, they want to set foot in Somaliland since they already had their presence in the rest of Somalia.

It is also clear that Somaliland's lobbying effort in Washington DC is paying some form of dividends in the short term. In the long-term, it remains to be seen if this military base is a good thing.

At the end, Americans are the winners. They're building military basis in Somalia/Somaliland while not paying a single dime for a rent. As for maryooleys, they'll forever argue America is with me and no America is not with you. For goodness sake, America is pursuing its own national interests and doesn't care about your useless squabbling.

Last edited:

World

VIP
I don’t understand why landers are crying about muse bixi, all he did was meet with americans? He can’t change their view on somalia/somaliland, doesn’t mean he should cut ties with the world leaders. Weirdo landers I don’t see what exactly is treacherous.

The problem is Somalia is the number 1 American client state… you can’t have the same major world power backing you as your ‘enemy state’.

Our economy is all based on American aid, our security is American funded (AMISOM).

Farmaajo spooked them with China reproach but the next President is going to be American backed.
even our currency is american LOL

They basically opted for the canonization of Somalia and confirmed their goal of bypassing the central government. This is divide and conquer. This is definitely not good for Somalia.

As for Somaliland, not sure how people are reading but this helps Somaliland's separate status. The Americans may be paying lip service to "One Somalia Policy", but it is definitely a policy shift. To keep Chinese influence out, they want to set foot in Somaliland since they already had their presence in the rest of Somalia.

It is also clear that Somaliland's lobbying effort in Washington DC is paying some form of dividends in the short term. In the long-term, it remains to be seen if this military base is a good thing.

At the end, Americans are the winners. They're building military basis in Somalia/Somaliland while not paying a single dime for a rent. As for maryooleys, they'll forever argue America is with me and no America is not with you. For goodness sake, America is pursuing its own national interests and doesn't care about your useless squabbling.
There is no central government, but a federal one.

Well, US is doing at least engaging with SL in terms of as it is part of Somalia as a federal state, unlike how the UAE treated them as a country. What you prefer the US name an ambassador to SL? Relax.

Manafesto

[[Puntland Republic 🇸🇱]]PIM[[C.S(BihinYusuf)]
VIP
HalimoEnthusiast
even our currency is american LOL

I would rather have Somalia be an American setalite state than say Russia,China and other Muslim countries like Turkey.

America is much better allay than all of them, besides America never did anything to us Somalis beside helping us many times during our conflicts.

Look how man Somali Americans the US picked them up from refugee camps in Kenya, Ethiopia and are now millionaires,MPs and celebraties.

America ha Noo Laato

Somaliland state of Somalia :damn: :damn:

DE513C76-AF2B-40C3-9477-D6CF91AAC094.jpeg
BAA3EC8B-94E1-4A53-B392-1006DAAD1117.jpeg

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
All that twerking only to be called a federal member state, accept it, the US is the last country to go to for talks of secession
:damn: :dead:

East Africa in the past 29 years.

US recognizes Eritrea: 100,000 dead in 2 years, same president since independence.

US recognizes South Sudan: 400,000 dead in 7 years, same president since independence.

Good luck to Somaliland on recognition.

Trending

Latest posts