Votes: 11 42.3%
  • No

Votes: 13 50.0%
  • Yes, but not the current borders they claim

Votes: 2 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the best arguments For and Against Independence for Somaliland that can with stand scrutiny

Things that I can think of (FOR) is
1. We gained Independence in the 1960s, and for a brief moment we were independent with British-Somaliland borders.
2. We voluntarily joined so we can voluntarily leave,
3. for legitimate reasons ie that Somalia is currently in a civil-war and we don't want to be dragged in to that war
4. Their politicians are corrupt and undemocratic and we have a little bit more stable governance
(I didn't include the bombings of 88 because I don't think it is a legitimate reason for Independence)

Things I can think of (AGAINST) is
1. What reason do you have for being Independent when we are all the same people with the same culture, language, and religion. If you look at a map of an Ethnic Map of Europe you'll see all of their countries are Ethnically Homogeneous
latest

2. The reasons you claim for Independence are nothing more than interstate quarrels that can be resolved diplomatically in a room and aren't legitimate reasons for Independence

3. The west intentionally carved up Somali territories into different regions and gave it to different countries because they didn't want a powerful Ethnically homogeneous Muslim country in East Africa hawging up all the natural resources and ocean waters,(ie the entirety of both Shabelle and Jubba rivers, the Bab-el-Mandeb strait that connects the Red sea to the Gulf of Aden, the Gulf of Aden it self, all the Natural minerals and Oil Reserves in Hawd, Puntland and Somaliland regions, and finally the Indian Ocean Making the Somali People the country with the biggest coastline on mainland Africa and the 16th biggest non Island coastline world wide. We shouldn't play into their and and fall for their tricks, we should always try and unite
523px-Greater_Somalia1.jpg

Jubbarivermap.png

Surrounded-by-Oil-Map2011-sm.jpg

4. If you are stubborn and don't care about Somaliweyn and claim that we no matter what want independence.
Isn't it a bit hypocritical to claim that Somaliland is being forced to join Somalia when they don't want to, yet you yourselves are forcing other regions that don't want to be a part of Somaliland to stay. ie parts of sool, sanaag and even Awdal

5. If those other regions where given a choice of Somaliweyn or Somaliland, they would choose Somali weyn, and the regions that would vote Somaliland are former SNM territories
The_armed_faction_of_the_Somali_territory_in_1992.png

6. And if former SNM territories claim Independence that would be a whole different story
because it would look even stupider and give a weaker argument for Independence because it is utterly nothing but qabyaalad, which is the weakest reasoning for Independence. And quite frankly Somalilanders will never be ok with just former SNM territories because they are no different from any other people and in order to look legitimate to the rest of the world they will always claim land that doesn't belong to them and don't want to be a part of them, making their argument look even more stupid.

So what do you think. What are the best arguments For and Against Somaliland Independence
that can with stand scrutiny

Lets try and keep this discussion Civil, don't insult each other personally and don't insult clans

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
This pretending to be non biased.Somaliland has been standing as independent nation for 25+ years and will remain this way till there are no Isaaqs left on this planet

This pretending to be non biased.Somaliland has been standing as independent nation for 25+ years and will remain this way till there are no Isaaqs left on this planet

You didn't answer the question. and blabbered on like the idiot you are.

What are the reasons you claim for independence that aren't weak and stupid
what you just said about "isaaq people on this planet" or whatever was the definition of weak and stupid

Somaliland has shown that they are able to have a functioning independent state. Even though Isaaqs are the majority they are willing to comprise with minority clans.

Until Somalia can learn how to do that, Somaliland re-joining Somalia will be impossible.

Somaliland has shown that they are able to have a functioning independent state. Even though Isaaqs are the majority they are willing to comprise with minority clans.

Until Somalia can learn how to do that, Somaliland re-joining Somalia will be impossible.

At least you responded like a normal human, other than that fucking retard Rudioboi (his name suits him)

But what you said my friend isn't a reason for independence. Any part of country can brake of and sustain themselves but the question is what was the legitimate reason they broke of in the first place.

And I literally laughed out loud when you said "they are willing to compromise to minority clans" it shouldn't be a compromise but an expected thing to be treated and represented fully/equally in the state, parliament, and congress. It shouldn't be a fucking compromise lol

But what you said my friend isn't a reason for independence. Any part of country can brake of and sustain themselves but the question is what was the legitimate reason they broke of in the first place.
Well all the legal reasons you gave are valid reasons for Somaliland independence. I didn't want to repeat them.

And I literally laughed out loud when you said "they are willing to compromise to minority clans" it shouldn't be a compromise but an expected thing to be treated and represented fully/equally in the state, parliament, and congress. It shouldn't be a fucking compromise lol
Isaaqs could have just taken over the country and massacre minority tribes like what happened in Somalia. Instead they formed a conference where all tribal elders were gathered in order to form what is now called Somaliland.

Obviously compromise is to be expected but tell that to the politicians in Somalia. Even before the Barre regime they weren't willing to comprise with the people in the north. All government development was in the south, the north was severely neglected.

Well all the legal reasons you gave are valid reasons for Somaliland independence. I didn't want to repeat them.

Isaaqs could have just taken over the country and massacre minority tribes like what happened in Somalia. Instead they formed a conference where all tribal elders were gathered in order to form what is now called Somaliland.

Obviously compromise is to be expected but tell that to the politicians in Somalia. Even before the Barre regime they weren't willing to comprise with the people in the north. All government development was in the south, the north was severely neglected.

Ok well I gave what I heard the best arguments for somaliland was, but Lets revue those reasons.

Every Peoples have the right to independence if they want to, but they just have to give legitimate reasons and set legitimate borders
Somalilands reasons for independence are somewhat legitimate but when you include the borders they claim ie british somaliland, then is starts becoming illegitimate.

For example of the peoples of Awdal and Kaatumo or whatever were polled you and I both know they would most definitely vote to stay as a Somalia nation. That makes Somaliland's argument for independence weak and it makes it look more tribalistic and unprofessional.

Ok well I gave what I heard the best arguments for somaliland was, but Lets revue those reasons.

Every Peoples have the right to independence if they want to, but they just have to give legitimate reasons and set legitimate borders
Somalilands reasons for independence are somewhat legitimate but when you include the borders they claim ie british somaliland, then is starts becoming illegitimate.

For example of the peoples of Awdal and Kaatumo or whatever were polled you and I both know they would most definitely vote to stay as a Somalia nation. That makes Somaliland's argument for independence weak and it makes it look more tribalistic and unprofessional.
Most people in Awdal support Somaliland, don't believe what you read on the net. The former President of Somaliland and current Vice-president are from there.

Also Khaatumo are currently in talks with the Somaliland government so that issue is being resolved.

You also have an entire generation of people who only know of Somaliland, they have no memory of being united with Somalia. Remember it's been 25 years now since Somaliland declared their independence.

Honestly I see no good reason for Somaliland to join Somalia other than Somaliweyne. But that is pretty much impossible now.

It seems that the British succeeded in their colonisation of Somalia. We only gained independence in 1960 on paper but in reality we still have Somaliland trying to gain independence after 25 years. Then there is the problem in South Somalia which is even worse.

Most people in Awdal support Somaliland, don't believe what you read on the net. The former President of Somaliland and current Vice-president are from there.

Also Khaatumo are currently in talks with the Somaliland government so that issue is being resolved.

You also have an entire generation of people who only know of Somaliland, they have no memory of being united with Somalia. Remember it's been 25 years now since Somaliland declared their independence.

Honestly I see no good reason for Somaliland to join Somalia other than Somaliweyne. But that is pretty much impossible now.

If you are talking about Dhahir Riyale, he himself was quoted saying he is open to unification negotiations with Somalia when they democratically elect a president.

Everyone knows the majority people living in Khaatumo and Awdal want to see a prosperous Somaliweyn Nation

This one guy I knew back then who was a staunch Somalilander was arguing with another guy from Puntland, and he was like "we will conquer and raise the Somaliland flag from Garowe" And I laughed so hard and told "they should also add Mogadishu, hell raise the somaliland flag from Hawd to NFD"
It doesn't matter what the color of the fucking flag is, as long as Somaliland state is fare and free, conquer all the Somali regions and raise that pan arab flag from it for all I care, as long as it is a pan Somali free state.

Bahal

ʜᴀᴄᴋᴇᴅ ᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ
VIP
How many times can we rehash the same threads

:bell:

Inb4 are Somalis black mark X

RudeBoi

Feel my D in her abs call me Abdi
Everyone knows the majority people living in Khaatumo and Awdal want to see a prosperous Somaliweyn Nation
Do you have proof or do you just blurt things out?

Fockin Jeberti rats make assumptions with no evidence to back their claims

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending