Somaliland 50% Poorer Than Puntland

repo

Bantu Liberation Movement
VIP
Instead of hiding behind NGO pdfs, produced without them actually setting foot on the ground, why dont you share with us the incredible development projects ongoing in Puntland right now?

I have been asking this for a while, and you are all avoiding it.

What projects or foreign investments have Puntland started/received, other than this 180 million dollar project lol?

View attachment 148236

This is your chance, prove us wrong once and for all and share all the amazing developments that you are hiding.

It's kind of remarkable that a random guy a forum thinks he can debunk the World Bank, IMF and United Nations. You should read and understand before you even attempt to refute. Claiming they are white is simply not good enough, if anything that shows you their impartiality.

Puntland did not "receive" 180 million, that is the final cost of the Garacad port project including its roads connecting to in-land cities. It is funded by Somali businessman, this is not a foreign owned project. The port itself is a 45 million dollar project, the business plan is readily available online.

However our focus is on socio-economic metrics. You are displaying a half finished port which is funded and operated by others, a grain mill and a soda factory and talking about how great Somaliland is. That would be me like showing off the airports in Garowe and Bosaso, the fishing factories and other manufacturing sectors.

None of it displays the condition and well being of the average citizen so we must look at the numbers again.

We can tell the future by looking at the present statistics.

Puntland outperformed Somaliland in:

1. Literacy rate
  2. Primary school completion rate
  3. Labour force participation
  4. Access to water
  5. Access to sanitation

World Bank Poverty Profile 2017

The poverty profile presents the first Somaliwide assessment of welfare conditions.

Somaliland in numbers
  • Weighted unemployment rate is 50 - 80% (depends on the sources)
  • Youth unemployment is 75%

https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/report/94285/somalia-unemployment-fuels-youth-exodus-somaliland

Literacy rate is 58% (see the World Bank report).

Puntland measures better than Somaliland in all those metrics. An IDP in Bosaso makes more than the average worker in Hargeisa.

"In comparison to Hargeisa, Bosasso residents enjoy a higher standard of living if we compare average daily incomes. While urban residents of Hargeisa earn, on average, about $1 a day, Bosasso residents earn over $4. Naturally, with respect to Bosasso, IDPs earnings are far lower. Most IDP households in Bosasso earn a daily wage of a little over a $1".

Khat the mild stimulant is causing widespread unemployment is consumed by 90% of males and 20% of females. 20% of Somaliland's tax income is from khat and khat represents an 30% of the entire economy, it is the single biggest industry there. It is the reason why Somaliland is failing.

Crow

Make Hobyo Great Again
VIP
The World Bank, IMF and United Nations numbers are far more reliable than anything you can produce, calling them "white" as an insult is not good enough.

As an example, posting a project in its initial stages as a dig shows the level of education we have in Somaliland, 50% literacy is not out of the question it is very believable. I'll trust the World Bank on that, thank you very much.

:umad:
This is the same guy who was trying to calculate the budget of a $180 million project by looking at one picture of a construction vehicle and searching for it on Alibaba. He's a low effort troll. It's no surprise that he's trying to discredit unbiased, authoritative sources like the World Bank, IMF, IOM, UN, etc.
:mjlol:

It's kind of remarkable that a random guy a forum thinks he can debunk the World Bank, IMF and United Nations. You should read and understand before you even attempt to refute. Claiming they are white is simply not good enough, if anything that shows you their impartiality.

Puntland did not "receive" 180 million, that is the final cost of the Garacad port project including its roads connecting to in-land cities. It is funded by Somali businessman, this is not a foreign owned project. The port itself is a 45 million dollar project, the business plan is readily available online.

However our focus is on socio-economic metrics. You are displaying a half finished port which is funded and operated by others, a grain mill and a soda factory and talking about how great Somaliland is. That would be me like showing off the airports in Garowe and Bosaso, the fishing factories and other manufacturing sectors.

None of it displays the condition and well being of the average citizen so we must look at the numbers again.

So.. no projects? :kendrickcry:

Could you seriously not find a single development project that you can show off?

I rest my case

repo

VIP
So.. no projects?

Could you seriously not find a single development project that you can show off?

I rest my case.
You think I'm going to meet your bluff by showing off a few airports and factories to make myself feel better when I have the World Bank, IMF, United Nations and IOM with comprehensive research and statistics on Somalia?

:russ:

Gambar

VIP

You’re not a lander anymore?

You think I'm going to meet your bluff by showing off a few airports and factories to make myself feel better when I have the World Bank, IMF, United Nations and IOM with comprehensive research and statistics on Somalia?

:ulyin:

I am giving you an opportunity to show us the kind of real world development Puntland (aka hidden Wakanda) is enjoying. Somehow all of you are declining to do so. There is a reason for that.

Try and ask a Somalilander or someone from Muqdisho to showcase development in their territory, they will be more than happy to share.

But you really dont have much to show, do you? :hemad:

I will give you another opportunity:

What development currently ongoing in Puntland region can you share with us?

The floor is yours, if you do not post anything, then you admit to having none.

If you would like an example, ask me the same question.

repo

VIP
Try and ask a Somalilander or someone from Muqdisho to showcase development in their territory, they will be more than happy to share.
I don't doubt you are right but the standards of a Somalilander or a Mogadishan are lower than mine. You are posting a decade old soda factory and a grain mill dependent on 800 hectares of dryland to prove you are developing while the numbers prove otherwise, it's a sorry state to be in.

I don't doubt you are right but the standards of a Somalilander or a Mogadishan are lower than mine. You are posting a decade old soda factory and a grain mill dependent on 800 hectares of dryland to prove you are developing while the numbers prove otherwise, it's a sorry state to be in.

I knew you would not have anything to show. Real-world development in Puntland is simply non-existent. I just wanted everyone else to see you actually had nothing to show.

That is Puntland region in a nutshell:

All talk, no bite.

repo

VIP
I knew you would not have anything to show. Real-world development in Puntland is simply non-existent. I just wanted everyone else to see you actually had nothing to show.

That is Puntland region in a nutshell:

All talk, no bite.
Puntland region in a nutshell can be found in any of those research papers you dismiss cause they were written by white people. The development that takes place in Puntland is focused on energy and transportation.

I won't come on sspot and talk about a soda factory, bottled water or meat. That's the difference between us. I could have posted pictures roads being paved or the first renewable energy plants but it's not cool.

Focus on improving your literacy rate and lowering your energy prices, you might learn something.

:mjlaugh:

Puntland region in a nutshell can be found in any of those research papers you dismiss cause they were written by white people. The development that takes place in Puntland is focused on energy and transportation.

I won't come on sspot and talk about a soda factory, bottled water or meat. That's the difference between us. I can post pictures roads being paved or the first renewable energy plants but it's not cool.

Focus on improving your literacy rate and lowering your energy prices, you might learn something.

:mjlaugh:

You've got to feel a little embarrassed by now. Ask the same question to a lander or someone from Xamar and they would have plenty to show, not NGO pdfs, but real projects being developed right now.

How come Puntland can not show a single decent project?

We all know the answer.
:sass1:

118518845_1799993126815831_8567776845806033594_n 16.18.40 12.17.56.jpg

repo

VIP
You've got to feel a little embarrassed by now. Ask the same question to a lander or someone from Xamar and they would have plenty to show, not NGO pdfs, but real projects being developed right now.

How come Puntland can not show a single decent project?

We all know the answer.
:sass1:

View attachment 148302
Private ventures like a soda factory and a grain mill is nothing to brag about especially when 75-80% of Somalilanders are unemployed.

Infrastructure projects such as the Ceel Dahir road which you was insulting is getting paved, the road between Galkacyo and Garowe contract has been given to CCECC, Garacad to Goldogob road is ongoing, Urban resilience project in Garowe. The Chinese surveying Eyl for the new fishing port.

Garacad port speaks for itself, I know that it bothers you but we didn't give away 51% to the UAE and 19% to the Ethiopians to construct this. Somali money.

garacad port.png

As I told you before, the day you can fly from Hargeisa to Burco or Ceerigaabo, you can talk.

:ohlord:

Private ventures like a soda factory and a grain mill is nothing to brag about especially when 75-80% of Somalilanders are unemployed.

Infrastructure projects such as the Ceel Dahir road which you was insulting is getting paved, the road between Galkacyo and Garowe contract has been given to CCECC, Garacad to Goldogob road is ongoing, Urban resilience project in Garowe. The Chinese surveying Eyl for the new fishing port.

Garacad port speaks for itself, I know that it bothers you but we didn't give away 51% to the UAE and 19% to the Ethiopians to construct this. Somali money.

View attachment 148303

As I told you before, the day you can fly from Hargeisa to Burco or Ceerigaabo, you can talk.

:francis:

He went from NGO pdfs to made up 3D renders.

I guess its a first step.

Still waiting for a single real world implemented project you can share with us.

This is getting really embarrassing, someone help the brother :ftw9nwa:

repo

VIP
He went from NGO pdfs to made up 3D renders.

I guess its a first step.

Still waiting for a single real world implemented project you can share with us.

This is getting really embarrassing, someone help the brother :ftw9nwa:

View attachment 148307
A perfect display of Somaliland's 50% literacy rate. It's an ongoing project, this video was a few days ago.

:ohlord:

I think I've made my point. I do not want to come across as a bully.

Tag me when you can find a single decent project implemented in Puntland region. Or when any foreign investor actually commits money to your territory (and not bail out like P&O lol).

You and I both know Puntland region can never compete in the scale, breadth or quality of development projects with Somaliland. No one in the world is interested in investing in your region. In fact, if we compare development projects of one region in Somaliland and all of Puntland I am confident you will be embarrassed too.

Dont put yourself in situations like this again.

repo

VIP
I think I've made my point. I do not want to come across as a bully.

Tag me when you can find a single decent project implemented in Puntland region. Or when any foreign investor actually commits money to your territory (and not bail out like P&O lol).

You and I both know Puntland region can never compete in the scale, breadth or quality of development projects with Somaliland. No one in the world is interested in investing in your region. In fact, if we compare development projects of one region in Somaliland and all of Puntland I am confident you will be embarrassed too.

Dont put yourself in situations like this again.
You pathetic loser. You thought labelling Garacad as "not decent" was going to work, cheer up and lay down on the projection.

Keep bragging about your grain mill and soda factory while driving 12 hours from Hargeisa to Ceerigaabo.

180 million dollar project everyone :mjlaugh:

Imagine being so broke that you are going through hyper-inflation in 2020, printing money just to stay afloat, your port and only source of income nearly closing doors due to lack of a small tugboat... and still having such a deep urge to brag, that you make up these funny lies.

Keep it up bradda

repo

VIP
View attachment 148314

180 million dollar project everyone :mjlaugh:

Imagine being so broke that you are going through hyper-inflation in 2020, printing money just to stay afloat, your port and only source of income nearly closing doors due to lack of a small tugboat... and still having such a deep urge to brag, that you make up these funny lies.

Keep it up bradda

There are more sources of income than a port but I don't blame you making that mistake since a single airport and a single port is what you have achieved in 30 years of being a "country". I'd also lose myself if I was being outperformed by a region of Somalia in;
  1. Literacy rate
  2. Primary school completion rate
  3. Labour force participation
  4. Access to water
  5. Access to sanitation
  6. Per capita income
World Bank Poverty Profile 2017

The poverty profile presents the first Somaliwide assessment of welfare conditions.

Somaliland in numbers
  • Weighted unemployment rate is 50 - 80% (depends on the sources)
  • Youth unemployment is 75%
https://www.thenewhumanitarian.org/report/94285/somalia-unemployment-fuels-youth-exodus-somaliland

Literacy rate is 58% (see the World Bank report).

Puntland measures better than Somaliland in all those metrics. An IDP in Bosaso makes more than the average worker in Hargeisa.

"In comparison to Hargeisa, Bosasso residents enjoy a higher standard of living if we compare average daily incomes. While urban residents of Hargeisa earn, on average, about $1 a day, Bosasso residents earn over $4. Naturally, with respect to Bosasso, IDPs earnings are far lower. Most IDP households in Bosasso earn a daily wage of a little over a $1".

You have fake NGO pdfs to feel better about your miserable state printing money to survive, I have this:

Eebc6RNWsAI4PIZ 16.18.40.jpg

You use NGO pdfs to cover your shame of not being able to surface a road you started 7 years ago and is still a dirt road:

Ceel-daahir-2s.jpg

I am currently building this in Berbera:

01.jpg

And this in Sanaag:
download.jpg

And to make things worse, the road you've been struggling with for the past 7 years is actually only covering a very short distance:

Screen Shot 2020-10-09 at 13.04.36.png

There are levels to this.

Anyone with any confidence in his state would not hide behind NGO numbers, they would share photos of what their state looks like, what development projects have been achieved.

Unless their state looks like shit.

repo

VIP
You have fake NGO pdfs to feel better about your miserable state printing money to survive, I have this:

View attachment 148327

You use NGO pdfs to cover your shame of not being able to surface a road you started 7 years ago and is still a dirt road:

View attachment 148331

I am currently building this in Berbera:

View attachment 148332

And this in Sanaag:
View attachment 148333

And to make things worse, the road you've been struggling with for the past 7 years is actually only covering a very short distance:

View attachment 148335

There are levels to this.

Anyone with any confidence in his state would not hide behind NGO numbers, they would share photos of what their state looks like, what development projects have been achieved.

Unless their state looks like shit.
The first road is 12 km, congratulations you've outdone yourself. The second one could be on any stretch, you refused to say last time and when I posted the satellite pics of unpaved road, you were quiet.

The World Bank is not an NGO, get a grip with reality.

Trending

Latest posts