Somalia's Petroleum Law 2020

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
This is a pipe dream lol . Somalia is more corrupt than Nigeria and Venezuela and Somaliโ€™s think the result will be any different .

Somaliland is safer than Somalia and has a well with high potential yet theyโ€™ve been talking about drilling for the past 10 years. Somalia wonโ€™t drill for oil anytime soon.
That's why debt relief was granted huh? Delusional. Keep dreaming tho. Somaliland is free to do what It wants, Just don't complain when all the other regions drill which will happen offshore.

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
That's why debt relief was granted huh? Delusional. Keep dreaming tho. Somaliland is free to do what It wants, Just don't complain when all the other regions drill which will happen offshore.
The onshore north is more likely to have oil cause of its proximity to oil producing countries and similar basins. Itโ€™s also where the Americans chose to explore so the FGS will want to keep itโ€™s sharing agreement under any circumstances.

Adaawe

Xoog iyo Xiniyo #NGM enforcer
It would be disastrous for Puntland to follow through on the 2018 agreement as it would mean Puntland would only be getting 50% of revenues from its onshore oil and even less, 35%, from its offshore oil. Puntland has no agriculture, it has only grazing & fishing. Oil is probably the best potential resource it can look forward to.

Imagine Gedo giving away the rights to half of its arable land to the federal government? Can you imagine Puntland asking Hiirshabelle, Koonfur Galbeed and Jubaland to share 10% of the arable land with Puntland? It would be insane. Gaas was insane to sign away Puntland's only hope for quick economic development.

Deni is simply carrying out what the majority of people in Puntland want. Gaas lost his bid for reelection for good reason.

Can't Puntland renegotiate the points with the SFG?

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
The onshore north is more likely to have oil cause of its proximity to oil producing countries and similar basins. Itโ€™s also where the Americans chose to explore so the FGS will want to keep itโ€™s sharing agreement under any circumstances.
The point is they are not recognised and no companies can drill there unless they agree with the FGS.

Some things you can't deny in this world. I'm from sanaag so of course I want a developed SL regardless but it's been 30yrs sxb. I won't lie to myself bro.

Mozart

You need people like me
Debt relief hasnโ€™t been granted - thereโ€™s a whole stage left or about another 3 years. Even then, getting debt relief just to take out huge loans will lead to the same situation as Djibouti and Nigeria. No company is drilling for oil in a nation without a proper constitution, democracy and security .

This is a pipe dream lol . Somalia is more corrupt than Nigeria and Venezuela and Somaliโ€™s think the result will be any different .

Somaliland is safer than Somalia and has a well with high potential yet theyโ€™ve been talking about drilling for the past 10 years. Somalia wonโ€™t drill for oil anytime soon.

Somaliland doesn't have the international reputation to impliment large scale drilling. The FGS has international backing and will be using said reputation and security in ownership to impliment Oil drilling.

Furthermore , Somaliland's claims are not guaranteed as they are not independant. The current FGS is thinking 10-15 years ahead, OIL will allow poverty reduction throughout somalia.

I feel as though we came into the oil game way too late, for obvious reasons (civil war). It really shouldn't be the crutches the economy sits on, we need early diversification and encouragement of different sectors. Oil can be a good way to start the economic engine, but we really need to focus on several other industries.

I feel as though we came into the oil game way too late, for obvious reasons (civil war). It really shouldn't be the crutches the economy sits on, we need early diversification and encouragement of different sectors. Oil can be a good way to start the economic engine, but we really need to focus on several other industries.
It is never to late for oil , it will take decades for any change in oil demand due to most systems being based on oil.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
Somaliland doesn't have the international reputation to impliment large scale drilling. The FGS has international backing and will be using said reputation and security in ownership to impliment Oil drilling.

Furthermore , Somaliland's claims are not guaranteed as they are not independant. The current FGS is thinking 10-15 years ahead, OIL will allow poverty reduction throughout somalia.

Genel Energy is about to drill in Somaliland soon and not a $ will go to the corrupt state in Mogadishu. These are my assets if you claim a piece you will have to go through war with me. Which you are not able today in big 2020.

Genel Energy is about to drill in Somaliland soon and not a $ will go to the corrupt state in Mogadishu. These are my assets if you claim a piece you will have to go through war with me. Which you are not able today in big 2020.

The video that u posted is from 2018 and it's almost 2021 now... So when will SL start drilling??

The first vid I posted is from july 24th are you blind?
We finished our seismic survey like 5 years ago. In fact we actually did twice. U can find the 2D seismic study online. Whereโ€™s SL 2D seismic study, petroleum law, revenue sharing agreement, and exploration roadmap?? I know thereโ€™s oil in SL but itโ€™s still lil early to even think about drilling.

Somalia is not stable enough to be selling Gas or Oil. Foreign countries will exploit us because these degenerate low I.Q politicians will sell it for less than its value and pocket that money into offshore accounts.

FBIsomalia

True Puntlander
VIP
Somalia is not stable enough to be selling Gas or Oil. Foreign countries will exploit us because these degenerate low I.Q politicians will sell it for less than its value and pocket that money into offshore accounts.
All that is for Turkey. Xarmaajo make it too clear so everyone knows it :tocry: .

I agree that measures should be taken to hamper executive corruption, however this must be proactively implimented rather then be a justification for continued poverty within somalia.

I agree that measures should be taken to hamper executive corruption, however this must be proactively implimented rather then be a justification for continued poverty within somalia.

Poverty in Somalia will still be high. you watch and see. If you genuinely think these men will use this money to invest into the country. You are naive as a brick. Most of it, they will pocket it for themselves.

GemState

36/21
VIP

Being the next Venezuela or Nigeria is still 100x better than the current situation, we're at rock bottom, oil/natural gas is our only chance at quick economic development.

It also gives a financial incentive to those in the Government, the sooner the country is rid of Shabaab and stabilized, we can tap into our resources and make billions.

Last edited:

Trending