Somalia's Petroleum Law 2020

Prime Minister

Somali Promotion Agent
gLMH2S4.png

Puntland is boycotting the new petroleum law after they already signed it in 2018. Nonetheless The oil auction will start in 3 days
1576094077-o_1drr8e1f21t7s8ojt4i42a15m8_large.jpg

The Somali Caesar

King of Sarcasm• Location: Rent free in your head
VIP
Puntland is boycotting the new petroleum law after they already signed it in 2018. Nonetheless The oil auction will start in 3 days
1576094077-o_1drr8e1f21t7s8ojt4i42a15m8_large.jpg
Would they be allowed to back out of the deal they signed in 2018?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP

It would be disastrous for Puntland to follow through on the 2018 agreement as it would mean Puntland would only be getting 50% of revenues from its onshore oil and even less, 35%, from its offshore oil. Puntland has no agriculture, it has only grazing & fishing. Oil is probably the best potential resource it can look forward to.

Imagine Gedo giving away the rights to half of its arable land to the federal government? Can you imagine Puntland asking Hiirshabelle, Koonfur Galbeed and Jubaland to share 10% of the arable land with Puntland? It would be insane. Gaas was insane to sign away Puntland's only hope for quick economic development.

Deni is simply carrying out what the majority of people in Puntland want. Gaas lost his bid for reelection for good reason.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP
It would be disastrous for Puntland to follow through on the 2018 agreement as it would mean Puntland would only be getting 50% of revenues from its onshore oil and even less, 35%, from its offshore oil. Puntland has no agriculture, it has only grazing & fishing. Oil is probably the best potential resource it can look forward to.

Imagine Gedo giving away the rights to half of its arable land to the federal government? Can you imagine Puntland asking Hiirshabelle, Koonfur Galbeed and Jubaland to share 10% of the arable land with Puntland? It would be insane. Gaas was insane to sign away Puntland's only hope for quick economic development.

Deni is simply carrying out what the majority of people in Puntland want. Gaas lost his bid for reelection for good reason.

I wouldn't take any law serious in Mogadishu even if it's signed by PL or not. The constitution isn't official so all laws will be argued as invalid, their wasting they're time passing laws in Somalia. It will be deemed 'transitional laws'and when the constitution is finalized and official, all that nonsensical meetings, parliament, laws, and institutions would've been a waste of Somali people time because it will be thrown out.

The leaders in Somalia like this current limbo of no constitutional court or judicial system, cuz it's a way to do what u please without any restrictions or court of law.

Jiron

wanaag
NABADOON
VIP
There’s enough natural resources in every region of Somalia to turn us into a developed first world country. There’s absolutely no need to fight over small stuff, let us always remember the bright future of our unborn children :)

That's what every state is getting. GM has no agriculture either. Or are u suggesting that PL should receive more than other states??

Did you know Texas produces 50% of USA's oil?

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
That's what every state is getting. GM has no agriculture either. Or are u suggesting that PL should receive more than other states??

I would NEVER advocate for injustice.

If agricultural land is not being shared, why should oil and fisheries be shared? Why is Puntland not getting 10% of Hiirshabelle’s agricultural output?

I think every state should keep their resources and send 10% of revenues to the federal gov. It would not be in Puntland’s interests to have fisheries and oil shared at the federal level while agricultural/ grazing land is not.

DR OSMAN

AF NAAREED
VIP

If agricultural land is not being shared, why should oil and fisheries be shared? Why is Puntland not getting 10% of Hiirshabelle’s agricultural output?

I think every state should keep their resources and send 10% of revenues to the federal gov. It would not be in Puntland’s interests to have fisheries and oil shared at the federal level while agricultural/ grazing land is not.

When they share agriculture and river spots and allocate it based on the same quota they do for oil quotas between the feds/regions, i'll accept that deal. I always argued, you want my barrel of oil but u won't share your bannanas and rivers. Get out of here. If a non oil producing region is receiving federal funding from oil producing regions, we expect that region to dedicate the same portion of land to that 'region' who is giving them a share of they're oil. So if my oil revenue is being redistributed to HS/GM/SWS, I want PL to get in return an equal quota of prime land that is worth that oil revenue which they are benefiting from.

We shouldn't even send 10% to Mogadishu, they want to make it a clan federal state and use that money to build it.

Hell no.

We need complete autonomy until these people learn sense.

Yahya

2020 GRANDMASTER
VIP
We shouldn't even send 10% to Mogadishu, they want to make it a clan federal state and use that money to build it.

Hell no.

We need complete autonomy until these people learn sense.
You guys are free to boycott until you get what you want but reer sool and galmudug and jubbaland will use their oil to get rich. Don't get jealous when SL and PL stay poor while other regions develop and become tourist spots.

Besides we only got 20 yrs to make trillions off oil before we have to invest in Greene energy and diversify the economy.

:manny:

Mozart

You need people like me
You guys are free to boycott until you get what you want but reer sool and galmudug and jubbaland will use their oil to get rich. Don't get jealous when SL and PL stay poor while other regions develop and become tourist spots.

Besides we only got 20 yrs to make trillions off oil before we have to invest in Greene energy and diversify the economy.

:manny:
This is a pipe dream lol . Somalia is more corrupt than Nigeria and Venezuela and Somali’s think the result will be any different .

Somaliland is safer than Somalia and has a well with high potential yet they’ve been talking about drilling for the past 10 years. Somalia won’t drill for oil anytime soon.

Trending