Somalia's (Only) Popular Drug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tukraq

VIP
Isn't anything that takes you away from religious obligations haram?If you've got an addiction, your time is spent feeding that addiction and not worshiping your god.
Why would it take you from religious obligations? Your not supposed to be in prayer 24/7 lol

I don't think Somalia can ever even dream of getting rid of the drug without having a stable central government.

The drug flies in from Kenya and Ethiopia.

It needs to be fresh otherwise it loses its effects.

Somalia farmers won't be able to supply the market in the event of a ban.

So a ban could easily be enforced simply by banning flights from Kenya and Ethiopia but the drug brings in lots of revenue and makes a lot of people rich so hence why there never will be a ban.

AIOPZ

Pan-Islamist
The drug flies in from Kenya and Ethiopia.

It needs to be fresh otherwise it loses its effects.

Somalia farmers won't be able to supply the market in the event of a ban.

So a ban could easily be enforced simply by banning flights from Kenya and Ethiopia but the drug brings in lots of revenue and makes a lot of people rich so hence why there never will be a ban.

Lol, we don't grow it ourselves? Interesting. So were the khat fields he was showing in the video anomalies or were they in Ethiopia?

Also, I'm really happy that Somalis don't waste their precious water on something that won't even feed them. In Yemen, it's estimated that 40 percent of the water in Sana'a is used on just khat, and this was just in 2013.

Lol, we don't grow it ourselves? Interesting. So were the khat fields he was showing in the video anomalies or were they in Ethiopia?

Also, I'm really happy that Somalis don't waste their precious water on something that won't even feed them. In Yemen, it's estimated that 40 percent of the water in Sana'a is used on just khat, and this was just in 2013.

No.

Somalia infrastructure is not good enough to transport the qaad in time.

Plus Al-Shabaab controls large amounts of the south which are the most fertile regions in Somalia.

So it comes in from Kenya and Ethiopia every day in Hargeisa, Mogadishu etc.

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Why would it take you from religious obligations? Your not supposed to be in prayer 24/7 lol

Religious obligations go far beyond prayer. How are you suppose to get anything productive done in your life when you have to spend that much time feeding your addiction? There will come times where you'd rather chew khat for hours than go to prayer or do a host of other things.

Tukraq

VIP
Religious obligations go far beyond prayer. How are you suppose to get anything productive done in your life when you have to spend that much time feeding your addiction? There will come times where you'd rather chew khat for hours than go to prayer or do a host of other things.
Those other obligations are faith and belief based not physical, and yes addicts can pray it’s not that difficult

Aaegal

I have no proof, only whispers
Those other obligations are faith and belief based not physical, and yes addicts can pray it’s not that difficult

I never said addicts can't pray. I said, there will come times where they would rather just sit around chewing khat or doing whatever satisfies their addiction than to pray.

Yes some are high function but those come few and far between.

Addictions take you away from things. It's not an additive. Why do you think there are a bunch of homeless drug addicts all around the world? When you have an addiction most of your time is spent feeding it. That is how your relationships break down and you become incapable of holding down a job. It leads to depression and more abuse of the addictive substance.

Tukraq

VIP
I never said addicts can't pray. I said, there will come times where they would rather just sit around chewing khat or doing whatever satisfies their addiction than to pray.

Yes some are high function but those come few and far between.

Addictions take you away from things. It's not an additive. Why do you think there are a bunch of homeless drug addicts all around the world? When you have an addiction most of your time is spent feeding it. That is how your relationships break down and you become incapable of holding down a job. It leads to depression and more abuse of the addictive substance.
Most Fortune 500 ceos are also addicts to the same types of drugs as the homeless

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
Also, I dislike how he characterized the normalization of khat. No, nobody in their right mind thinks that khat is halal but it's far too pervasive in society for anybody to actually do anything about it.
Khat is not halal or haram akhi. It is permissible, but used in moderation can have good benefits and abused has bad side effects hence situation in Yemen where 40% is used to irrigate khat. Now those people have just lost it.

Khat is not halal or haram akhi. It is permissible, but used in moderation can have good benefits and abused has bad side effects hence situation in Yemen where 40% is used to irrigate khat. Now those people have just lost it.

It is permissible?? are you spreading Fake News???

CaliTedesse

I ❤️ Islam & Aabo Kush. Anti-BBB Anti-Inbred
VIP
It is permissible?? are you spreading Fake News???
It's stimulant just like tabacco which contains stimulant nicotine which is good in moderation just like the stimulant caffeine in coffee. All abused can cause addiction.

Somalis and Khat Dont Mix... when White People chew it it doesnt have the same effect...

Somalis cant chew khat in moderation :yacadiim:
Somalis typically can’t handle alcohol or drugs in moderation we are similar to the NativeAmerican/Aboriginal people. That shit not meant for us they should leave it for white people
:ufdup:
But Khat should be the least of the nation’s worries right now. They need a stable government and infrastructure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending

Latest posts