Somalianders on Twitter joke about hodan

Are they not confusing Saado Ali Warsame & Hodan Nalayeh? I believe it was Saado Ali who had a serious hatred for Somalilanders and Isaaqs. I don't know much about Hodan but other than referring to Somaliland as part of Somalia, I didn't she was political. She seemed like a sweet woman.

Regardless, it is a despicable way to talk about a dead woman. Those twitter trolls are disgusting vermin.

Plenty of people here though are utter hypocrites who downplay, and even make fun of, the horrible atrocities committed against the Isaaq. If you can dish out, don't cry when it's returned.

I find both versions equally abhorrent.

AarHawd_7

North-West, London
@Cigaal Timacadde

Indeed, AUN Hodan no one should mock the dead, but the funny thing is the girl who tweeted this was boasting about her uncle Tukeh not too long ago. So she is the last one who should cry about comments landers made.

Yonis

Puntland Youth Organiser
FKD Visionary
VIP
Hodan was apolitical she didn't involve herself in politics Aun

The qabilism of eydoor and hawiya are making neutral mjs tribalistic - which is great to see wallahi

Nah, f*ck that wecel, this is beyond some dhulbahante vs isaaq nonsense. Hodan was a diapora sister trying to paint a good image of Somalia beyond the regular poverty and destruction that is portrayed.

I was on twitter the night she died and he wrote that and almost didn't believe he wrote that, he needs his ass beat and put in the hospital at the very least.

Do you just as easily get angered/disgusted at people who make fun of the SL mass graves or the atrocities committed in the north or committed recently in Gaashamo (Something many on this very forum do). Somehow I think not.

As with all things we Somalis do, this is motivated by Qabiil on all sides. We want sympathy for our dead and make fun of others.

Do you just as easily get angered/disgusted at people who make fun of the SL mass graves or the atrocities committed in the north or committed recently in Gaashamo (Something many on this very forum do). Somehow I think not.

As with all things we Somalis do, this is motivated by Qabiil on all sides. We want sympathy for our dead and make fun of others.
I forgot to add to my post, if Hodan was Isaaq and that despicable dude was dhulos or even MJ, Id feel the same way.

I feel closer to a diaspora brother/sister than someone back home because of shared experiences and bunch of other commonalities we share. It has nothing to do with qabil on this matter for me.

Also when a bomb goes off in Xamar, or hear stories of civil war atrocties from rival clans, I look at it like how I look at the news. Distant and out of my life. It's so commonplace that I don't think much of it. It's a disconnect for me.

I felt different when Hodan died through terrorism and elwad. It felt more real because I come from places they come from. And whatever their qabil is didn't and doesn't register. Which is why I told @Finesse its beyond some dhulbahante vs isaaq shit. These girls weren't all that different to sisters, cousins, and friends we grew up with.

Also when a bomb goes off in Xamar, or hear stories of civil war atrocties from rival clans, I look at it like how I look at the news. Distant and out of my life. It's so commonplace that I don't think much of it. It's a disconnect for me.

I felt different when Hodan died through terrorism and elwad. It felt more real because I come from places they come from. And whatever their qabil is didn't and doesn't register. Which is why I told @Finesse its beyond some dhulbahante vs isaaq shit. These girls weren't all that different to sisters, cousins, and friends we grew up with.

Appreciate the honesty. But isn't the fact that you come from the places they come from, a qabiil connection as well? Perhaps I didn't get the exact meaning of what you were saying there.

In the spirit of honesty, I'll admit that I'm more disgusted at people who can make fun of the Gaashamo massacre of innocent civilians then the Al Shabaab killing of Hodan Nalayeh and Saado Cali. I recognize that any rationalization I base on that is probably ignorant. However, my rationale is that I feel less connected to people who are targeted because of their celebrity/power status, than I do innocent civilians who are mowed down because of the qabiil they are.

It doesn't change the fact that I think those who made fun of Hodan Nalayeh's death are absolute scum of the earth.

Appreciate the honesty. But isn't the fact that you come from the places they come from, a qabiil connection as well? Perhaps I didn't get the exact meaning of what you were saying there.

In the spirit of honesty, I'll admit that I'm more disgusted at people who can make fun of the Gaashamo massacre of innocent civilians then the Al Shabaab killing of Hodan Nalayeh and Saado Cali. I recognize that any rationalization I base on that is probably ignorant. However, my rationale is that I feel less connected to people who are targeted because of their celebrity/power status, than I do innocent civilians who are mowed down because of the qabiil they are.

It doesn't change the fact that I think those who made fun of Hodan Nalayeh's death are absolute scum of the earth.
Places we come from, I meant Canada, America, UK. That's the connection I was making. Not Somalia/Sland.

It's natural to feel more for your people back home, that's another disconnect that plagues Somali people despite being mostly homogeneous. But for me, I separate people raised in the diaspora and the ones back home. Their deaths register to me far greater than someone dying over there, whether they belong to my tribe or not. But back home where its more neutral and all things equal, yeah MJs over anyone lol. Everyones like that, even the fake wadanis.

Places we come from, I meant Canada, America, UK. That's the connection I was making. Not Somalia/Sland.

It's natural to feel more for your people back home, that's another disconnect that plagues Somali people despite being mostly homogeneous. But for some reason I separate people raised in the diaspora and the ones back home. Their deaths register to me far greater than someone dying over there, whether they belong to my tribe or not. But back home where its more neutral and all things equal, yeah MJs over anyone lol.
Got it, I figured I misunderstood your original meaning.

I think you misunderstood my meaning on the second part. I wasn't suggesting that I feel more for those from the same tribe as me. More about how I can sympathise more with innocent civilians than I do with those killed with because of their celebrity/power status. In other words I feel a much greater sympathy for ordinary people killed in a Xamar bombing than a Singer or Politician. It's irrational I know, but that's often where my my immediate sympathies lay.

anyways

#JusticeForShukriAbdi
They need to stop posting screenshots and start posting addresses. Too many cuqdad ridden Somalis, May Allah guide us all.

Anywho Hodan was a lovely lady that was proud of her roots and inspired many, may Allah give her paradise and show her mercy, ameen

Trending