Somalian "Police"... 😡

reer

VIP
I wear macaawiis and white shirt and tend to blend in well. Never get stared at. But when I start speaking ,even though I’m 100% fluent, there is still a hint of diasparanimo if you get what I mean
perfect your somali. i have a thick mudug accent like my awoowe. reer somalia are surprised when they hear im from the west.

Zapfox1

I may be wrong but it's highly unlikely
perfect your somali. i have a thick mudug accent like my awoowe. reer somalia are surprised when they hear im from the west.
I think it’s because I speak too formally lol. When I first learnt somali, it was through listening to news and reading somali websites. When I moved there for two years I polished it up very well but it’s just not the way a freshy would speak. When I spent a few months in my tuulo, I don’t have the accent people there have🤣

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
I have Muqdishaawi accent, they would clown me in CW and say I am hawiyezed :mjkkk:

Zapfox1

I have Muqdishaawi accent, they would clown me in CW and say I am hawiyezed :mjkkk:
Does a sacad from galkacyo speak the same as a MX from cabudwaaq? Just wondering. Considering it’s close, would expect ppl to have same accent

TekNiKo

“I am an empathic and emotionally-aware person.
VIP
Does a sacad from galkacyo speak the same as a MX from cabudwaaq? Just wondering. Considering it’s close, would expect ppl to have same accent
Mine is more Murusade/Abgaal influenced I always xaa instead of maxaa :pachah1:

Zapfox1

Mine is more Murusade/Abgaal influenced I always xaa instead of maxaa :pachah1:
Marka aaf somaligii saaxda baad kuu hadashaa saaxibo

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

@Based unfortunate you had this experience must've been scary af, but hate to say it I am encouraged they are at least taking security seriously. They definitely need to be better trained and know how to conduct them selves with civilians.

Did you have any conversation with them about what they were looking for, which station they come from, what intelligence led to them conducting this operation?

reer

VIP
no. mj from mudug and mx from abudwaq speak more similar than someone from adado. even though adado is much closer to abudwaq. in galgaduud/mudug qabiil accents exist.

Trending