Somalia

What do you guys think of family/people who just speak about Somalia constantly? It’s like they are stuck on a Somalia before the civil war and don’t want to move forward with their lives in the west like home ownership, better living standards. I’m finding it to be a form of ptsd??. I know many elders or our parents must have some ptsd from Somalia and escaping. You want to return to Somalia which I understand but Somalia is not how it use to be. a lot of ppl have lost family, relatives. We have to acknowledge that we will live in the west for a long time before Somalia can be rebuilt to how it was and therefore we have to build careers, marriages, network, friendships etc...

Also I know a lot of people who have not returned to Somalia many times and they get upset after 20+ years because nothing is the same or much of their family/friends are gone. Walahi it’s really sad but we should make an effort where we live so we can enjoy our life.

Do you guys plan to buy property in the west or Somalia? & what are your views?

Last edited:
People who have nothing going on in their lives tend to live in the past.
Not really most of my fam work and invest most of their money back home. But struggle with general living here, don’t bother with things as they would if they lived in Somalia. Dont want to mingle with others or network.

we should save up some money and open up stores there
Nah tbh I want to save up for a home here and as much I would love own shops in Somalia how can I take of them if I live in Canada? It’s just not realistic & it’s your responsibility if anything happens and you live somewhere else

You act as if the west will be a permanent abode for muslims.

History repeats itself eventually far-right will gain power and kick your foreign ass out.
It’s permanent for now. If you live in a place for 20 years+. We won’t be kicked out don’t be stupid.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
OP is not smart kkkk
If Somalia was some ugly West African country, i wouldnt give a F about it.

Look at the location, the resources, climate etc.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
OP is not smart kkkk
If Somalia was some ugly West African country, i wouldnt give a F about it.

Look at the location, the resources, climate etc.
He wants to cope and find an excuse to be white washed. He wants to spend the rest of his life in the west and hopefully his kids too.

SomaliWadaniSoldier

Weeping for the Nation of 68
Interahamwe
VIP
He wants to cope and find an excuse to be white washed. He wants to spend the rest of his life in the west and hopefully his kids too.

West will be deadly place for Muslims.
Iam very alert now. The moment i see signs of holocaust, i will go to Somalia.

Somalia is our home no matter what happens