Somalia, with a population of 15.5 million, will produce 63,000 tons of cereals in 2021

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
Somalia, as a whole, produces as much sorghum and corn as 50 sq km of Arizona.
Somalia might as well stop farming and allow cattle to graze all that farmland. That would actually be much more profitable.

Cereal.png

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
Somalia is not even 30 million? Damn langaab status.
siilaanyo.png
I don’t think 15.5 mill is true, we’re at least mid 20 millions. But inshallah we’ll break through 30 million and beyond soon.

reer

VIP
somalis need to farm more. and grow salt loving crops too. somalis need to settle on the coast more and the rivers more.

I don’t think 15.5 mill is true, we’re at least mid 20 millions. But inshallah we’ll break through 30 million and beyond soon.
lmao. somalis are a laangaab race. somalia 15 million is generous. we die like flies every few years of drought.

Caaro

I do something called "what I want"
2021 GRANDMASTER
VIP
lmao. somalis are a laangaab race. somalia 15 million is generous. we die like flies every few years of drought.
that’s because we’re too 68 to think of agriculture. We spent thousands of years being nomadic pastoralists constantly chasing camels and wearing pieces of cloth.

No one ever settled down and no one was ever ambitious. The only culture we have is qabyaalad which is unironically borrowed from Arabs and we use that to even harm ourselves even more.

We looked down on blacksmiths, cobblers, farmers, and even fishermen despite our super long coast. But out of all of them a camel herder was seen as noble lmao.

No wonder Somalis are langaab, we wasted all our centuries and only recently tried our luck at civilization during the mid 20th century and even that didn’t last for a few decades before we aped out.

Somalia, as a whole, produces as much sorghum and corn as 50 sq km of Arizona.
Somalia might as well stop farming and allow cattle to graze all that farmland. That would actually be much more profitable.

View attachment 201653

That's soo low , it might be due to most farmers moving towards sesame and lemons instead . Tbh we can easily up those numbers , there are massive farm lands that's not being put to use .

Som

VIP
somalis need to farm more. and grow salt loving crops too. somalis need to settle on the coast more and the rivers more.

Langaab is the most stupid concept in somali culture. Why should anyone care about numbers ? Since when having a larger population is something to be proud of?
Who cares about that. We need quality not quantity

Yes Its A Family Farm And It's Feeding That Family Real Good

The point is that it is probably not feeding the family good, its a small underutilised farm. Its probably underutilised due to poor water access as well as poor soil. There is a reason hardly any farming takes place in Eyl, or Puntland for that matter.

@Neero

Don't listen to this man, he's being untruthful.

Farming is booming in Puntland to the extent where farmers are even selling produce to South Somalia. Check the farming thread in the development section.

You are misinforming people.

Lets look at the example farm discussed above in Eyl, this is a satellite view of it:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15.48.59.png

This is very small scale farming, insignificant for all intents and purposes, zero commercial value.

Compare that to the farming communities of Beer for example (satellite image taken from the same distance):

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15.47.46.png

Beer, a small town to the east of Burco has a higher agricultural output than the entirety of Puntland.

Another example is Gabiley, again the satellite image taken from the same altitude as the Eyl and Beer ones:

Screenshot 2021-09-24 at 15.50.21.png