Somalia Soil Map

Somaliland has cambisol soil, dark orange, which is excellent soil and can be found north of hargeisa and extends south to jigjiga . You also have some around cerigabo and small pockets around maydh.

somaliland also has small pocket of flovisol which is another excellent soil, blue color, and looks to be found near Zeila and border of Djibouti .

everything else is poor quality soils so pretty challenging environment
Also forgot to mention somalilnd has som vertisol which is dark purple extending from jig jiga into their border. This soil is good category one below excellent

So we don't have to rely on fish

Attachments

• tumblr_niz1chySMX1swug5go1_400.gif
    tumblr_niz1chySMX1swug5go1_400.gif
    478.1 KB · Views: 47
Somalis only need honest caretakers not more khat induced geeljires inshallah the future brings much fortune to our lands and question how does the lands/soil in eastern and central nugaal look like when it rains it looks beautiful
neero when do you plan to visit nuugal?

Somali NFD Kenya. Vertisol dark purple good soil and fluvisol excellent soils. Majority of area planosol and solonetz which are marginal soils. Suprising as I always assumed area was super fertile

1679976444626.jpeg

Here is somali Ethiopia region. A lot of prime real estate with regards to soil quality. Deep purple (vertisol)and dark orange (cambisol)and blue (fluvisol) all good to excellent soils

1679977250418.jpeg

@GaradShabeel Tuli guled I believe north of jigjiga if so think it’s either vertisol purple or cambisol soil, which is as good as it gets. Makes sense with all the green and crops you grow there

I was just about to ask you about it, kkkk :ftw9nwa:

From what I've seen of my family's farm, the soil look very similar to those I've seen here in Europe. The greenery is about as good as it can get in the region, so lush and rich. But then again, there's also a diverse of soil variety even within that region (Fafan zone) alone.

The only flip-side is because of the instability, very little investments had been made to increase the efficiency. As far as my family, we've just let our relatives use the land and instead focused on investments in other sectors. Inshallah, once permanent peace is achieved, we'll put more energy into our blessed land.

Mashallah you seem to have a vast knowledge in this regards sxb. I need you to create a consulting firm so you can lend us a hand with your expertise on how we can maximize our farm land. :rejoice:

Last edited:

Thegoodshepherd

Galkacyo iyo Calula dhexdood
VIP
It does have some cambisol, dark orange, which is a excellent soil. Biggest pocket can be found around cerigabo. You have some near Bosaso, xafuun, bender beyla.
You also have thin strip from eyl that stretches down to garcaad.

puntland also has some fluvisol, blue color, which is also an excellent soil usually found near bodies of water. It’s found just north of Borran not sure what is located there city wise or body of water wise

The brown colored area of Cambisols east of Ceerigaabo is the Sool Plateau of Sanaag.
The pink area in the middle of that brown blob is solonchak (saline soil) which is the bare land that is the Xadeed.

From what I can tell the area in red is the cambisol area that has good soil, while the blue area is the xadeed that is not conducive to agriculture.
https://www.faoswalim.org/resources/Land/Environmental_Study_Degradation_Sool_Plateau_and_Gebi.pdf

@Tropical Breeze would know more about this area.

Sanaag.png

Sanaag has plenty of groundwater, probably the most of any gobol north of Hiiraan, so traditional irrigation is actually plausible. Good to hear that it has good soil.

Trending

Latest posts