Somalia sees 'massive' rise in FGM during lockdown

madaxweyne

madaxweyne
VIP
It's propaganda, there is a difference between FGM and circumcision
i support you 100 percent dont back down to these neo-western Somalis sahib stay on your principles, the whole fgm circus is just dum western propaganda to dehumanize Muslim nations

double standards
male cercumition= ok
female cercumsition= female genital mutilation

Abaq

VIP
I read it, still ridiculous
The sunnah isn't ridiculous. Clitoral hood reduction is the sunnah. And everything in the sunnah is beneficial. What the barbaric old ladies back home do is something else which is called FGM. The two are not the same. Unfortunately a lot of girls back home don't get the sunnah clitoral hood reduction but they get FGM which is sadly something deeply entrenched (going back to the days of the Pharaohs).

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
All types of circumcision no matter the extensiveness is banned in Somalia and considered FGM.

You're cleraly trying to make a distinction between female circumcision and FGM. There is none. All types of circumcision no matter the extensiveness is banned everywhre.

It's a religious obligation for females just as it is for the males. We have meat cut of our parts as well, lose sensation in sensitive parts.

I don't care about the matter personally, I'm interested in these lies and people changing the religion to fit their needs.

I would never have it done on my daughters but I admit I'm going against our religion. The hypocrites trying to change the religion don't care and it's amazing.
You’re going against the religion since you wouldn’t have it done to your daughters but pro-FGM :cosbyhmm: makes sense

Gm669ko.gif

SO SAD SO PATHETIC AND HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH RELIGION YET SO MANY AFRICAN NATIONS KEEP THIS FUCKED UP TRADITION GOING / CHRISTIANS MUSLIMS TRADITIONAL RELIGIONS ALL DO THIS SHIT IN AFRICA CRAZY CRAZY

You’re going against the religion since you wouldn’t have it done to your daughters but pro-FGM :cosbyhmm: makes sense
I didn't say I was pro-FGM. I acknowledge it's a religious obligation.

Imagine being arrogant enough to think you can legislate what is halal or haram. This is the corrupting mentality I was talking about, amazing to see.

Cyrus

Arabist| Akh-Right Movement|احب الملكات العرب
@Cyrus,

If I'm not mistaken the hanbalis consider it sunna for girls.

Best,

Faahiye
Hanafis consider it sunnah Muaqaddah it’s recommended but isn’t compulsory. Hanbali generally agree that it’s binding and is therefore compulsory much like the Shafi

Samaalic Era

QurboExit
i support you 100 percent dont back down to these neo-western Somalis sahib stay on your principles, the whole fgm circus is just dum western propaganda to dehumanize Muslim nations

double standards
male cercumition= ok
female cercumsition= female genital mutilation
Its all politically motivated sxb, they just dont realise it sadly

Diaspora Somalis are brainwashed :kanyehmm:

AishaBarri

It’s not that serious
I didn't say I was pro-FGM. I acknowledge it's a religious obligation.

Imagine being arrogant enough to think you can legislate what is halal or haram. This is the corrupting mentality I was talking about, amazing to see.
I’m just using the same logic you did

Its all politically motivated sxb, they just dont realise it sadly

Diaspora Somalis are brainwashed :kanyehmm:
IF ITS NOT FGM THEN OKAY BUT THE LADIES DOING IT BACK HOME ARE DOING FGM WHICH IS FUCKED UP

I NEVER KNEW ABOUT THE LITTLE CUT IN ISLAM AND IF ITS IN THE QURAN THEN SO BE IT

Last edited:
All types of circumcision no matter the extensiveness is banned in Somalia and considered FGM.

You're cleraly trying to make a distinction between female circumcision and FGM. There is none. All types of circumcision no matter the extensiveness is banned everywhre.

It's a religious obligation for females just as it is for the males. We have meat cut of our parts as well, lose sensation in sensitive parts.

I don't care about the matter personally, I'm interested in these lies and people changing the religion to fit their needs.

I would never have it done on my daughters but I admit I'm going against our religion. The hypocrites trying to change the religion don't care and it's amazing.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The fact that you are arguing that there is no distinction goes to show you know nothing about the topic, also, its pretty insensitive as it has caused a lot of health problems and pain for a lot of women.

I didn't say there is no distinction in severity. There is no distinction in front of the law. All of it is banned.

The "benefits" of female circumcision on the Islamqa page is some of the dumbest bullshit I've heard in a while.

"The secretions of the labia minora accumulate in uncircumcised women and turn rancid, so they develop an unpleasant odour which may lead to infections of the vagina or urethra." -UTI, yeast infections and other infections that may occur in this region is not cause by having a clit. It's caused by pH imbalances, bacteria imbalances, improper hygiene and other shit.

"Circumcision reduces excessive sensitivity of the clitoris which may cause it to increase in size to 3 centimeters when aroused, which is very annoying to the husband, especially at the time of intercourse."- Yeah, let's mutilate a little girl's clit because her future husband will find it bothersome when having intercourse. What is this shit??

"Another benefit of circumcision is that it prevents stimulation of the clitoris which makes it grow large in such a manner that it causes pain." -Again, not true. An enlarged clit does not cause pain. It's enlarged due to pleasure.

The rest of the excuses on the page is so dumb I ain't even gonna quote them. Female circumcision is a pointless and harmful procedure, escpecially in developing countries where conditions may not be as clean and could lead to infections.

King Khufu

Dignified Gentlemen
The "benefits" of female circumcision on the Islamqa page is some of the dumbest bullshit I've heard in a while.

Lol you thought so too huh?
Never disrespect to the good, but I find female circumcision actually uncomfortable and unnecessary.
Just one of those things that could be done away with the times unless it's her own choice by a professional doctor under hospital surgery.
If this is her own choice as well able bodied reasonable being of age (basically adulthood) than under those choices I see it as permissible.

However I hate when parents or older relatives let their hands go to these religious strangers though most mean well by tradition it's still in the modern sense very creepy in a strange way.
It's potentially dirty and dangerous.
So much risk for no compensation or fixes if it goes wrong. They'll take your money and scram never heard from again.
So if parents must go through circumcision for their daughter's beings or what not than please talk it through with a professional doctor first!
I also understand there is a twist of traditions and ethics at play that aren't always in these girls best interest.
So please even by very traditional means make sure the people are trusted sources with working knowledge and able to help heal if problems persist.

Lol you thought so too huh?
Never disrespect to the good, but I find female circumcision actually uncomfortable and unnecessary.
Just one of those things that could be done away with the times unless it's her own choice by a professional doctor under hospital surgery.
If this is her own choice as well able bodied reasonable being of age (basically adulthood) than under those choices I see it as permissible.

However I hate when parents or older relatives let their hands go to these religious strangers though most mean well by tradition it's still in the modern sense very creepy in a strange way.
It's potentially dirty and dangerous.
So much risk for no compensation or fixes if it goes wrong. They'll take your money and scram never heard from again.
So if parents must go through circumcision for their daughter's beings or what not than please talk it through with a professional doctor first!
I also understand there is a twist of traditions and ethics at play that aren't always in these girls best interest.
So please even by very traditional means make sure the people are trusted sources with working knowledge and able to help heal if problems persist.

Absolutely agree.

In Somalia (and alot of other developing countries), they aren't taking their kids to a clean hospital setting to get circumcised, nah, they have some old, almost blind bat come over to mutilate their kids. A lot of girls and boys I've met who got circumcised weren't even given any anesthesia to help curb the pain, they're just pinned down and told not to cry. That's disgusting and absolutely scarring for a young child.

If circumcisions were carried out in a proper hospital setting with proper, safe procedure, then, maybe, I'd be okay with the useless practice being carried out. But until hospitals offering this service in Somalia are found, I'd say banned ALL circumcision and take all old bats mutilating kids to jail. Male circumcision is always ignored, little boys don't deserve to go through that pain either, even though male circumcision has actual existing benefits compared to female circumcision.

Trending