Somalia Sects

amiirad

Gabar Majeerteen 💙🤍💚
Asalamu alaykum brothers and sisters

I have been beginning to study about Islam in Somalia and I would like someone to explain to me 2 things I have in mind

What islamic sect is Somalia? Hanafi or Shafi'i

Salafism is there any somali scholars who follow Salafism?

killerxsmoke

2022 GRANDMASTER
THE PURGE KING
VIP

I have been beginning to study about Islam in Somalia and I would like someone to explain to me 2 things I have in mind

It's shafi'i

Aurelian

Forza Somalia!
VIP

Shafi'i and Sufism are the most dominant, and Wahabbi being more common among areas controlled by Alshabaab.

Khaemwaset

Djiboutian 🇩🇯 | 𐒖𐒆𐒄A𐒗𐒃 🇸🇴
VIP

Somalia and the horn is dominated by the Shafi'i school of thought.
wf9a0m8w01p71.jpg

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Somalia is ahlul Sunnah and follows the shafici school of thought. Majority of Somali scholars I suspect are Athari these days

Somalia is ahlul Sunnah and follows the shafici school of thought. Majority of Somali scholars I suspect are Athari these days
Sorry I don't get it but aren't athari and shafici both sunni why do they fight if they are both sunni?

Gacmeey

Madaxweynaha Qurbo Joogta 🇸🇴
Sorry I don't get it but aren't athari and shafici both sunni why do they fight if they are both sunni?
You can be shafici and Athari but historically the shafici school was dominated by asharis.

Schools of thought like (shafici,hanbali,hanafi,Maliki) deal with things to do with law whilst schools of theology like (athari and ashari) deal with theological questions.

Historically, scholars had overblown the significance of their differences out of proportion particularly the schools of theology .Nowadays, even they still have those intellectual differences it’s not as heated as it used to be.

Postscript: Athari is sometimes used to refer to the hanbali school of thought since most hanbalis follow athari theological thought

Your username is retarded. Tf is a Somali hoxhaist? How is some medieval Albanian dictator of the communist era influencing Somalis?

You can be shafici and Athari but historically the shafici school was dominated by asharis.

Schools of thought like (shafici,hanbali,hanafi,Maliki) deal with things to do with law whilst schools of theology like (athari and ashari) deal with theological questions.

Historically, scholars had overblown the significance of their differences out of proportion particularly the schools of theology .Nowadays, even they still have those intellectual differences it’s not as heated as it used to be.

Postscript: Athari is sometimes used to refer to the hanbali school of thought since most hanbalis follow athari theological thought
Somalis have always been shafiici atharis I believe. The schizoness suits us.

Your username is retarded. Tf is a Somali hoxhaist? How is some medieval Albanian dictator of the communist era influencing Somalis?
Both the TPLF and EPLF were Hoxaist during the Eritrean war of independence and I think there was a faction of SSDF that was hoxaist influenced.

Djokovic

Somali Arab
Shafi'i and Sufism are the most dominant, and Wahabbi being more common among areas controlled by Alshabaab.
U have no knowledge shafici is a Madhab and it only concerns fiqh so u can be salafi and follow the shafici madhab or Sufi and follow the shafici madhab.

Trending