Somalia needs a Mcdonalds.

You might think that opening a Mcdonalds is not important because it is just a fast food chain. Laakin Mcdonalds is more than that. It signifies progress and westernization. Look at the opening of McDonalds in Russia in 1990 and how many people queued up for it.
72FA4B72-6789-41F9-A715-CAEBAD6F936A.jpeg

Clearly they weren’t all just desperate for a burger. There was more to it. Mcdonalds opening in Russia signified that Russia was now open to the West and was joining the capitalistic civilised world.
Look at this map of countries in the world that have McDonalds:
BCA2BFF0-4DDF-43C9-813E-5E8750ACD0BB.png

To me, this map clearly demonstrates the split between the developed and developing world, and the THIRD world. If your country does not have McDonalds, it is clearly a third world country and the lowest of the low.
If we opened a McDonalds in Somalia tomorrow, even though logically it wouldn’t make much of a difference, it would be huge SYMBOLICALLY. Like “Ooh, Somalia has a Mcdonalds now? I thought they were a third world warridden country but now that they have McDonalds, its clear they are making improvements”. Lets open a McDonalds in Somalia ASAP.

It's easier said than done. Mcdonalds only opens in countries with a very advanced supply chain. Which requires highways, world class ports, railways, and a stable agriculture/water supply. On top of that the country has to be very investor friendly with no aspect of bribing culture. When you add these up together it makes it more clear why only 3 African countries have Mcdonalds.

NotMyL

"You are your best thing"
VIP
Lol they will ruin it, have you been to McDonald in third world country? It’s a joke. Nothing better than hot McDonald’s fries :banderas:

It's easier said than done. Mcdonalds only opens in countries with a very advanced supply chain. Which requires highways, world class ports, railways, and a stable agriculture/water supply. On top of that the country has to be very investor friendly with no aspect of bribing culture. When you add these up together it makes it more clear why only 3 African countries have Mcdonalds.
You're correct except for the last one because many countries that have McDonald's score low on the Corruption Perception Index.

J-Rasta

Inactivated
VIP
You might think that opening a Mcdonalds is not important because it is just a fast food chain. Laakin Mcdonalds is more than that. It signifies progress and westernization. Look at the opening of McDonalds in Russia in 1990 and how many people queued up for it.
View attachment 78433
Clearly they weren’t all just desperate for a burger. There was more to it. Mcdonalds opening in Russia signified that Russia was now open to the West and was joining the capitalistic civilised world.
Look at this map of countries in the world that have McDonalds:
View attachment 78434
To me, this map clearly demonstrates the split between the developed and developing world, and the THIRD world. If your country does not have McDonalds, it is clearly a third world country and the lowest of the low.
If we opened a McDonalds in Somalia tomorrow, even though logically it wouldn’t make much of a difference, it would be huge SYMBOLICALLY. Like “Ooh, Somalia has a Mcdonalds now? I thought they were a third world warridden country but now that they have McDonalds, its clear they are making improvements”. Lets open a McDonalds in Somalia ASAP.

I strongly disagree,
To be honest even if we did open up a food chain in Somalia it wouldn't change the status of the country.
As you've mentioned Russia , the country may no longer be part of the Soviet Union and had further distanced themselves away from communism by opening western retails, internationally recognised food chains and brands it didn't change the circumstances
Russians maybe lovinit the big Mac Cheeseburgers
it's just all pretence and a small handshake between the hostile superpowers theres an ongoing animosity between them
Russia is not really open to Westernerisation

Opening Mcdonalds worlwide are insignificant to the developing countries due to various factors

It didn't eleviate the economies in
Morocco, Trinidad and South Africa and many more .

They are still 3rd world nations

I hate to say this as much as it would be surprising for many western folks to notice there's a Mcdonalds in Somalia but it's of little importance regarding the fact our country has many things to worry about and deal with

We couldn't care much or less if there is one

General Asad

And What Is Not There Is Always More Than There.
Somaliya needs a fast food joint that is unique and exclusive to somaliya. Healthy,fresh,no GMOs/additives etc. Why must everything need to be westernized?

Basra

LOVE is a product of Doqoniimo mixed with lust
Let Them Eat Cake
VIP
I love McDonald. I'm lovin it'

You're correct except for the last one because many countries that have McDonald's score low on the Corruption Perception Index.
There’s many layers of corruption. Not requiring foreign investors or anyone involved in the supply chain to pay bribes is good enough.

Trending

Latest posts