Somalia needs a literacy/education campaign throughout the nation.

From what I have read estimates of Somalia’s literacy rate are anywhere from as low as 15% to a high of 35%. If this is to be believed, this is clearly a major issue with the population of Somalia when the success of a nation is closely linked to the knowledge of its people. As a result, the government should focus on short term education for the adult population and the structuring of schools for children.

Literacy is a key component in developing a population that is educated enough to progressively grow the economy and culture. The government needs to carry out a literacy campaign to educate its people on how to read and write as well as techniques in farming, construction ,etc. This can be done through governmental envoys with the cooperation of local institutions that are sent out to cities, towns, or villages and are given the task to educate the population. Strict mandatory evening classes for adults that teaches them the basics and can report back how many illiterate people were in a particular town at the start of a year and how many at the end of the year. This way the government can keep statistical progress of each area and see which areas need scrutiny to progress faster. This can be incentivized with the giving of free grain, concrete, or what not to help the population of one area to hold each other responsible.

I feel like this will help further the government’s power as well as starting the cranking Somalia's economical gear into action. Thoughts?

From what I have read estimates of Somalia’s literacy rate are anywhere from as low as 15% to a high of 35%. If this is to be believed, this is clearly a major issue with the population of Somalia when the success of a nation is closely linked to the knowledge of its people. As a result, the government should focus on short term education for the adult population and the structuring of schools for children.

Literacy is a key component in developing a population that is educated enough to progressively grow the economy and culture. The government needs to carry out a literacy campaign to educate its people on how to read and write as well as techniques in farming, construction ,etc. This can be done through governmental envoys with the cooperation of local institutions that are sent out to cities, towns, or villages and are given the task to educate the population. Strict mandatory evening classes for adults that teaches them the basics and can report back how many illiterate people were in a particular town at the start of a year and how many at the end of the year. This way the government can keep statistical progress of each area and see which areas need scrutiny to progress faster. This can be incentivized with the giving of free grain, concrete, or what not to help the population of one area to hold each other responsible.

I feel like this will help further the government’s power as well as starting the cranking Somalia's economical gear into action. Thoughts?
Didn’t the kaccan have a literacy program

Trending

Latest posts